Is quitting your party "Betrayal"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by amrchaos, Apr 29, 2009.

1. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Now this is a little fun to read. Transcripts of a conversation between Hannity and Pat Toomey.

FOXNews.com - Toomey on Opponent Specter's Party Switch - Hannity

Now, I have many disagreements with Democrats, but I vote for them because what I think the Republicans offer is a snowjob. The Republicans can talk a good game, but can any one point to their performance and say "This is exactly what America needs or wants?"

I find todays Republican Party wanting. Their style in governance abhorrent, and their competance level dismal at best. Maybe you do not. But, in comparison to previous administrations and former Congresses, I really have the feeling that the Republicans not only lost their principles, but also their minds!!

In any case, the interview is kind of funny. Of course Specter left to maintain his seat. What--the GOP already told him they did not want him, so what was Sen. Spector to do?

2. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    No.

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    no

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,935
    No.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,683
    no

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Nope

I can say he's a self serving twit... but this is not betrayal or whatever...

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,683
    he's kinda like a cheating spouse,, he quit the dems went to the republicans now he is back with the dems,, kinda used merchandise neither side will ever trust again.. hey?

8. Indiana Oracle

Indiana Oracle The Truth is Hard to Find

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    No. Cannot point to either party and say that - which is the central problem in my view.

9. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    if i was a dem in PA who had paid my dues and planned to run for the senate, i'd be more than somewhat pissed off that obama and the rest of the party just told me to go shit in my hat because arlen's our boy. if anyone has a right to feel betrayed, it would be him/her. change we can all believe in. :lol:

"White House officials said that there was no realistic way to guarantee that Mr. Specter would not face a primary race for the Democratic nomination, but noted that there was no Democrat in a position to resist the state’s political machine and make a serious challenge. More than that, White House officials said they had assured Mr. Specter that Mr. Obama would campaign for him and raise money for him if necessary."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/30/us/politics/30specter.html?_r=1&ref=politics

10. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    He never was a Republican to begin with. Truth be known if the Republicans had not sold themselves to the banks and insurance companies they'd still be good in with the people who have put them in charge. Not to say dems are any better because you still have a bunch of self serving people who could care less about the people they are supposedly representing.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009