Is Pelosi America’s Most Unpopular Politician?

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Is Pelosi America&#039;s Least Popular Politician? - NYTimes.com

As it turns out, yeah. More unpopular than George Bush, Harry Reid or even Dick Cheney. In fact, you name them, Pelosi comes out on bottom. So says the New York Times...

In fact, Ms. Pelosi is among the least popular politicians in America today — perhaps the single least popular one that maintains an active political role.

I took an average of favorability scores for Ms. Pelosi, Mr. Boehner, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, and about a dozen other prominent politicians, including several Republican candidates for President and some past presidential and vice presidential nominees. The average consists of the most recent survey by each polling firm as listed at PollingReport.com and accounts for surveys going back to Labor Day, except in cases when fewer than three polling firms have released data on the politician since then, in which case I used all ratings since the start of 2010.

The average score for Ms. Pelosi was 30 percent favorable and 55 percent unfavorable, giving her a net favorability rating of negative-25. This was the worst score of any politician in the study by some margin. Others with substantially net negative scores included Dick Cheney (-17), Harry Reid (-16), Sarah Palin (-14), Newt Gingrich (-10) and George W. Bush (-9; his numbers have improved some), but Ms. Pelosi’s scores were somewhat worse over all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH4nwwbO-uo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Hat tip to HA...

Inevitable: Democrats elect Pelosi minority leader; Update: Pelosi&#8217;s favorables now lower than Cheney&#8217;s Hot Air

Apparently the Democrats in Congress disagree.

Apparently they seem to think she's been very effective.

Apparently the Republicans agree. Bipartisanship is possible in this great land...

Republican National Committee: Hire Pelosi! - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

hirepelosi.jpg

Suddenly Republicans rather like Nancy Pelosi. After an election season highlighted by RNC Chairman Michael Steele's "Fire Pelosi" bus tour and a "Fire Pelosi" sign hung over their national headquarters door, the GOP is taking a different tack toward the outgoing speaker. As of this afternoon the sign over the RNC headquarters door reads, "Hire Pelosi."

Last edited:
On a local level (the City of Bell springs to mind), there are officials who are less popular than Pelosi - but on the national stage, she is The Queen of Unpopularity.

We'll see how it turns out. It's too early to say.

I agree that how it turns out is anyone's guess. However, it's not to early to say that the Democrats in the House just put America's most unpopular pol into the minority power drivers seat.

:lol:

That said, "most unpopular" will always be a floating target.

We'll see how it turns out. It's too early to say.

I agree that how it turns out is anyone's guess. However, it's not to early to say that the Democrats in the House just put America's most unpopular pol into the minority power drivers seat.

:lol:

That said, "most unpopular" will always be a floating target.

I think it has to do with why she's the "most unpopular" - she's been vilified because she's 1.) very effective, and 2.) Gaffs like Biden. The next "most unpopular" will be whoever becomes the next effective target.

Forum List

Back