Is OWS violent?

Is OWS violent?

• Total voters
Right out of Alinsky's rules for radicals.

"An organizer must stir up dissatisfaction and discontent... He must create a mechanism that can drain off the underlying guilt for having accepted the previous situation for so long a time. Out of this mechanism, a new community organization arises....
"The job then is getting the people to move, to act, to participate; in short, to develop and harness the necessary power to effectively conflict with the prevailing patterns and change them. When those prominent in the status quo turn and label you an 'agitator' they are completely correct, for that is, in one word, your function—to agitate to the point of conflict." p.117

"Process tells us how. Purpose tells us why. But in reality, it is academic to draw a line between them, they are part of a continuum.... Process is really purpose." p.122
"He (Alinsky) worked his way through the University of Chicago, where he majored in archaeology, a subject that fascinated him.[4] His plans to become a professional archaeologist were changed due to the ongoing economic Depression.

"He later stated, 'Archaeologists were in about as much demand as horses and buggies. All the guys who funded the field trips were being scraped off Wall Street sidewalks.'"

Saul Alinsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude, you STILL don't make any sense.

Have another shot of Jack.
Keep talking out of your ass.

FINALLY.

A post that makes sense and isn't some sort of drunken non-sequiter.

Keep it up :thup:
Tallking outta your ass still with this post. Know what is said of assumptions? The first three letters describe your M.O.

I See GTH thanked you for your post...Birds of a feather and all.

Don't assume. You appear stupid...and rightly so.

Keep talking out of your ass.

FINALLY.

A post that makes sense and isn't some sort of drunken non-sequiter.

Keep it up :thup:
Tallking outta your ass stil with this post. Know what is said of assumptions? The first three letters describe your M.O.

I See GTH thanked you for your post...Birds of a feather and all.

Careful Tommy, you're starting to enter non-sequiter la-la land again...

I just did and I notice you refuse to answer. I can guess why.

No, you can't. But that's all right, I'll tell you.

I refuse to answer the question ON THIS THREAD, because the entire premise of this thread is bullshit, and I won't play that game.

Start another thread, or resurrect a thread on the Tea Party, and repeat the question there without once mentioning Occupy (because the same question about Occupy is not related legitimately). I will then answer your question without hesitating.

Incidentally, the number of people who answered "yes" on this poll shows what I already knew, that this board has a disproportionate number of right-wing ideologues who pay no attention to facts. Because whether you approve of Occupy or not, the only fact-based answer to the poll question is "no."

Last edited:

Another poster gets hit by the irony train.

So sad.

129171359352407358.jpg

So it comes down to a simple but obvious fact, if you start a movement anyone and everyone can join. They can say they're part of that movement whether you want them there or not. You don't get to pick and choose who gets in. It's not a club. ;)

Just like the entire South was responsible for the Ku Klux Klan............

Oy vey, I didn't say everyone wanted to join, I said they can't keep them out. I sure as heck don't want to be a member :eek: but no one can stop someone from saying they are a member.

So it comes down to a simple but obvious fact, if you start a movement anyone and everyone can join. They can say they're part of that movement whether you want them there or not. You don't get to pick and choose who gets in. It's not a club. ;)

Just like the entire South was responsible for the Ku Klux Klan............

Oy vey, I didn't say everyone wanted to join, I said they can't keep them out. I sure as heck don't want to be a member :eek: but no one can stop someone from saying they are a member.

Exactly.

It's the same goofy "guilt by association" logic.

Yes, they are violent given what one Occupy supporter said after the recent shooting in Oakland. She says the guy shot had been living in the Oakland 'camp' and when he was shot she tried to take pictures and this is what happened after she was warned by other occupiers not to photograph what was going down:

Despite the warnings, I took out my phone to video the event. Suddenly, three men surrounded me, shoved and punched me to the ground. One of the men grabbed my phone and threw it down on the paving stones. I would describe him as being 5'8", dark-skinned man with short hair. After shoving me, he turned to KGO-TV cameraman Randy Davis, joining a group of 20 others attacking him and forcing him over the railing of the 14th Street BART station. In the melee, my driver's license and credit card were lost.

Aimee Allison: Fatal Shooting Was Not the Responsibility of Occupy Oakland

Then we have rapes and other problems...

A later interview with an Occupy camper revealed that the victim had only recently joined the encampment. He'd argued with another in the food line. The assailant apparently called his cousin and three others from the neighborhood and they came ready to kill. And they killed Alex.

When asked if the shooting was the responsibility of Occupy Oakland movement, I have to say "No." Yes, the men involved were eating and the victim was sleeping at the camp, but these individuals were not the advocates for political change and Wall Street accountability demanded by the Occupy Wall Street movement. They came to find food and shelter. And they brought everyday, inner-city desperation and violence to center stage.

Do you read your own story?

A later interview with an Occupy camper revealed that the victim had only recently joined the encampment. He'd argued with another in the food line. The assailant apparently called his cousin and three others from the neighborhood and they came ready to kill. And they killed Alex.

When asked if the shooting was the responsibility of Occupy Oakland movement, I have to say "No." Yes, the men involved were eating and the victim was sleeping at the camp, but these individuals were not the advocates for political change and Wall Street accountability demanded by the Occupy Wall Street movement. They came to find food and shelter. And they brought everyday, inner-city desperation and violence to center stage.

They could have just stopped at the headline.

Do you? OWS created the environment. OWS created the mood. OWS protects the criminals.

Let me remind you that you and the left insisted that 2 signs at Tea Party protest PROVED that every member of the Tea party and the Republican party were racists. You and the left claimed that peaceful law abiding protestors that happened to exersize their 2nd Amendment rights were causing violence. And that proved the Tea Party was violent. You and the left have claimed the Tea party is violent and criminal with absolutely no evidence, no activity.

NOW you want to claim that OWS is clean as driven snow. You are either a LYING piece of shit or a mental midget.

I did indeed, did you read my post? The part I highlighted said exactly why I though they were violent, might help if you had read my whole post. Here again:

Despite the warnings, I took out my phone to video the event. Suddenly, three men surrounded me, shoved and punched me to the ground. One of the men grabbed my phone and threw it down on the paving stones. I would describe him as being 5'8", dark-skinned man with short hair. After shoving me, he turned to KGO-TV cameraman Randy Davis, joining a group of 20 others attacking him and forcing him over the railing of the 14th Street BART station. In the melee, my driver's license and credit card were lost.

Link to my post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4401115-post94.html

3 Occupiers punched and beat a female occupier and then turned their violence on others. Violence. And the woman who wrote the story is an Occupier writing for Huffpo!

Last edited:

They could have just stopped at the headline.

Then I would not have read about how three male occupiers started punching and beating a female occupier and then some 20 more started on a male! Of course all that was ignored. Wow.

Last edited:
3 relatives/friends were called for retaliation in a food line scuffle. It is well-known that the OWS has had problems with it's acceptance of regular, non-political homeless folks being attracted by the communally offered food and shelter.

How this becomes a problem for their political agenda is tenuous, at best.

Unless your logic includes Stormfront as Tea Party members.

Forum List

Back