Is Obama Really this Stupid?

Duly noted that you couldn't really answer the point that God was totally down with Judah burning Tamar and her fetus to death.

I am human and can not answer for a Just God. My answer could never justify his action so why bother?

But you religionists spend every day trying to impose stupid, mean-spirited rules on the rest of us on the basis of what you think you Invisible Sky Pixie wants. But when someone points out how the Pixie does something in the Bible that is just plain evil or inexplicable, you say, "Well, we can't possibly know the mind of God."

Reality check. The bible was written by bronze age savages and "God" was their explanation for everything they didn't understand. Since they didn't know what a Germ was or where the sun went at night, God got the blame for a lot of stuff.

That's what's this argument is about, is it not? The Catholic Church (you know, the one that molested altar boys, started crusades, burned witches, tortured heratics, sold indulgences, etc.) is just horrified that they have to pay for birth control pills for their employees or their employees spouses or children up to the age of 26. Why? Because that's their intrepretation of the Bible. Other Christian sects read the same bible and come up with different conclusions.

listen up dude not once have I claimed to be religious nor a christian., so that's bullshit. As for those who claim to be a christian and hurt a little child hell has a special place set aside for them.

I am human and can not answer for a Just God. My answer could never justify his action so why bother?

But you religionists spend every day trying to impose stupid, mean-spirited rules on the rest of us on the basis of what you think you Invisible Sky Pixie wants. But when someone points out how the Pixie does something in the Bible that is just plain evil or inexplicable, you say, "Well, we can't possibly know the mind of God."

Reality check. The bible was written by bronze age savages and "God" was their explanation for everything they didn't understand. Since they didn't know what a Germ was or where the sun went at night, God got the blame for a lot of stuff.

That's what's this argument is about, is it not? The Catholic Church (you know, the one that molested altar boys, started crusades, burned witches, tortured heratics, sold indulgences, etc.) is just horrified that they have to pay for birth control pills for their employees or their employees spouses or children up to the age of 26. Why? Because that's their intrepretation of the Bible. Other Christian sects read the same bible and come up with different conclusions.

listen up dude not once have I claimed to be religious nor a christian., so that's bullshit. As for those who claim to be a christian and hurt a little child hell has a special place set aside for them.

There's nothing after this life. If we want justice, we should get it here.

The Catholic Church knew it had pedophile priests and intentionally hid them for years. At least until the civil court system made it too expensive for them to keep doing it.

A lot more than it would cost to just let some lunch lady at the Catholic Hospital get her birth control pills.

The Catholic Church knew it had pedophile priests and intentionally hid them for years. At least until the civil court system made it too expensive for them to keep doing it.

A lot more than it would cost to just let some lunch lady at the Catholic Hospital get her birth control pills.
Your attack on "religion" seems focused on the Catholic Church. Why?

Obviously you missed those hundreds of posts where I've gone after the Mormons.

I go after religions for what they should be criticized for. Passing off a lot of santimonious bullshit as something holy.

Now, I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools for 12 years.. So I know a bit more about them then let's say the Baptists.

This is a stupid fight. I'm not even sure why the Church is picking it, because they are going to lose.

So you insist on bankrupting a system because that poor worker can not afford to be responsible with 30 dollars a month.

Sorry bout that,

1. I for one am glad he has pissed us off. :badgrin:
2. It means far less Catholics will pull the lever for him.
3. Which means he will be defeated. :badgrin:
4. So its a good thing Obama has started his attacks on religious doctrines.
5. Obama is no Christian.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I go after religions for what they should be criticized for. Passing off a lot of santimonious bullshit as something holy.

Now, I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools for 12 years.. So I know a bit more about them then let's say the Baptists.

This is a stupid fight. I'm not even sure why the Church is picking it, because they are going to lose.

You should be finding government control just as abhorent as so called 'religous' control. Why is it that you don't, that you defend the governement pushing it's views on the rest of us? We're supposed to be a free people protected from an overbearing government by our contitution. The constitution protects religion from government and government from religion, when one side is breached people like you scream holy hell, yet when it's the government breaching into religion, you're all for it? If you're really a freedom loving American, you'd defend the Constitution, not the government. Your hatred for religion is clouding your judgment.

No you're not that important enough to keep track of your post. All I have seen is your rants against Catholics. oh thats right you equate Romney as the whole Mormom faith. My bad again.

You are clueless about Catholics and the Mormons. A few bad in all groups does not make the whole group.

You should be finding government control just as abhorent as so called 'religous' control. Why is it that you don't, that you defend the governement pushing it's views on the rest of us? We're supposed to be a free people protected from an overbearing government by our contitution. The constitution protects religion from government and government from religion, when one side is breached people like you scream holy hell, yet when it's the government breaching into religion, you're all for it? If you're really a freedom loving American, you'd defend the Constitution, not the government. Your hatred for religion is clouding your judgment.

Well, I don't see this as "government control". I see this as regulation, and it's a sensible regulation.

The regulation specifically exempts employees of churches. It does not exempt employees of businesses run by the Church, and it shouldn't. The Church doesn't run hospitals and schools because of the goodness of their hearts. They run businesses, and they should be governed like any other business.

Now, if we could actually apply the consumer fraud laws to religion, you might have something there. Hmmmm.... like make them prove there is a Heaven or a Hell before they start promising to send people to one or the other...

So you insist on bankrupting a system because that poor worker can not afford to be responsible with 30 dollars a month.

It would hardly bankrupt the system. The church isn't pleading poverty here anyway.

And they have no problem with government interference when it works in their favor. They are more than happy to take those huge tax exemptions, those government easments, and so on.

Hold on, checking to see if I care...

gafom.gif

Nope. I don't.

Point is, it's not like the New Testament got rid of all those silly laws in the Old Testement.

Nor does the Bible in EITHER testament really say anything about birth control.

It's the Church's interpretation of these things, and if that's what they want to preach to the faithful, they are free to do so.

They just can't impose it on them, even if they are paying them to do a job.

Is this how God feel's about birth control?
Genesis 38:7-10 kjv

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was evil in the sight of the LORD, so the LORD took his life.
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up [a]offspring for your brother.”
9 Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he [c]wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give [d]offspring to his brother. 10 But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.

I'm no biblical scholar nor do I claim to be a christian but seed in the Bible I think represents the mans sperm.

Well, gee, that actually seems kind of psychotic. He doesn't want to father children with this woman, because it was his dead brother's wife, So God kills the poor schlub?

Sadly, God does this all through the bible. The more people who actually read the bible, the more atheists we'll have.

And we never really found out what Er did that God had to smite him.

The story goes on that poor Tamar (the second hand wife) eventually had to seduce Judah disguised as a harlot. And when she was pregnant, Judah was going to murder her on the spot for adultery. Even though she had an unborn baby in her womb.

Then Tamar revealed that Judah himself was the father of that child. Oooooopsy.

So essentially, God had no problem killing an unborn child, which means you can take the SAME retarded story and make a case for abortion.

This story has layers of meaning.
One: the Lord's plan included this particular line.
Two: The Lord would not "accept" an evil person from this line.
Three: it was considered honorable for a brother to take care of his brother's widow.
Four: The brother was deceitful and dishonorable and was struck down by the Lord
Five: The father of the brothers was wrong, and so was deceived as he deceived by a "desperate" woman trying to get what she was "entitled" to (by marriage).
Six: when the father that used prostitutes (he went willingly to Tamar), wanted to kill Tamar for adultery, Tamar exposed him as a hypocrit, and humiliated him into doing the right thing by producing his "staff".
Seven: the Lord wanted one from this line and it came to pass
Eight: never doubt the power of the Lord

Where does it say anything about the Lord and "birth control"? People have always had free will. Because people murder does not mean that murder is "inspired" by the Lord. The OT is full of horrible things. Many of those things are told as a warning, or held up as examples of things to avoid. It is sad that you miss the wonderful lessons that are in the Bible, available to any that would read.

Duly noted that you couldn't really answer the point that God was totally down with Judah burning Tamar and her fetus to death.

The Catholic Church does not "molest" alter boys. That takes a person, a warped, cruel, evil person.
The Catholic Church did not start the Crusades. The Crusades were a defensive measure, after muslim hordes invades and plundered Christian lands, and murdered Christians by the thousands.
Burned witches and tortured heratics, again the Catholic Church did not do this, people did.
Sold indulgances: a really good idea that was abused, and corrupted; it was corrected.

This is not about the beliefs of the Catholic Church. This is about the "gov't (or your would be king) "mandating" in a free society, directly against the Constitution's Bill of Rights, specifically, freedom of religion (it does not say the President gets to tell a religion how to practice, because all the followers don't fully agree with 100% of the dogma). Today, the art of deception is on display again; he is "mandating" that insurance companies pay for abortion or birth control. The gov't can contract with a supplier. It cannot go to a company and "order" that company to supply a product. What is next? Will the President order Ice Cream companies to use low-fat mild or skim milk to make ALL ice cream, because the first Lady has declared a war on obesity?

It is clear that you have no respect for the Catholic Church (an idea, not a person). You are proof as to how easy it is for the gov't to take away personal rights, by targeting a non-poplular portion of a religion to change by gov't decree, what is guarenteed in our Constitution. Yet, a huge portion of the population is supporting the President with this power grabbing move, that threatens every single person's choices for religion in this country. He has NO AUTHORITY to DICTATE religious doctrine of any faith, as President of the USA.

Well, I don't see this as "government control". I see this as regulation, and it's a sensible regulation.

The regulation specifically exempts employees of churches. It does not exempt employees of businesses run by the Church, and it shouldn't. The Church doesn't run hospitals and schools because of the goodness of their hearts. They run businesses, and they should be governed like any other business.

Now, if we could actually apply the consumer fraud laws to religion, you might have something there. Hmmmm.... like make them prove there is a Heaven or a Hell before they start promising to send people to one or the other...

WTF? Regulation is government control. :confused:

The Catholic Church does not "molest" alter boys. That takes a person, a warped, cruel, evil person.

I agree, it does. A warped person that the Catholic Church ordained, hid by moving from parish to parish in many cases, got non-disclosure agreements with the victims to keep them quiet while paying them off.

The Catholic Church did not start the Crusades. The Crusades were a defensive measure, after muslim hordes invades and plundered Christian lands, and murdered Christians by the thousands.

Wow, you are like ignorant of history, aren't you? First, the Holy Land had been in Muslim hands for 400 years at that point, and no one cared. Second, the Crusades probably sped up the demise of the Byzantine Empire. (My personal favorite, the Fourth Crusade, where they sacked Constantiople and never got near a single Infidel.) Second, when the Muslims took land, they were actually pretty reasonable about it, which is why you have Christian communities across the middle East until this very day.

For instance, when the Crusaders took Jerusalmen in 1099, they slaughtered everyone in the city. When Saladin took the city a century later, he let the Crusaders leave the city (albeit for hefty ransoms for the important ones.)

Burned witches and tortured heratics, again the Catholic Church did not do this, people did.

Again, they did it with Church sanction, and you are getting into serious "No True Scotsman" Fallacy terriroty here.

Sold indulgances: a really good idea that was abused, and corrupted; it was corrected.

Um, yeah, after they lost half of Europe to the Protestants.

This is not about the beliefs of the Catholic Church. This is about the "gov't (or your would be king) "mandating" in a free society, directly against the Constitution's Bill of Rights, specifically, freedom of religion (it does not say the President gets to tell a religion how to practice, because all the followers don't fully agree with 100% of the dogma).

Horsecrap. This does not apply to churches. It applies to schools, hospitals, charities, TV Networks and other BUSINESSES that the Church owns for purposes other than their faith, and for which they employ non-Catholics to make work.

Today, the art of deception is on display again; he is "mandating" that insurance companies pay for abortion or birth control. The gov't can contract with a supplier. It cannot go to a company and "order" that company to supply a product. What is next? Will the President order Ice Cream companies to use low-fat mild or skim milk to make ALL ice cream, because the first Lady has declared a war on obesity?

Actually, this would be a poor example, since the government ALREADY has the right to mandate ingedients, labelling and such under the Food and Drug act. To a degree, the government HAS to mandate these things. Otherwise, how could they resolve a dispute between the insurance provider and the insured unless there were "standards".

It is clear that you have no respect for the Catholic Church (an idea, not a person). You are proof as to how easy it is for the gov't to take away personal rights, by targeting a non-poplular portion of a religion to change by gov't decree, what is guarenteed in our Constitution. Yet, a huge portion of the population is supporting the President with this power grabbing move, that threatens every single person's choices for religion in this country. He has NO AUTHORITY to DICTATE religious doctrine of any faith, as President of the USA.

NOr is he really trying to. No Catholic is being forced to practice birth control. Businesses are being required to offer coverage the government feels is necessary for good health.

If the Lord wanted Tamar burnt, why did she live and give birth?

God didn't stop Judah or send down an angel or send him a sign...

Tamar gout out of the burning because she she was doing the nasty with him disguised as a harlot, she asked to keep his rod and seal.

Which when you come to think of it, really shows the hypocrisy and misogyny of the thing. Tamar would get executed for having sex, but Judah was out there getting his freak on with "harlots" or what he thought was a harlot but was actually his daughter in law.

This story has layers of meaning.
One: the Lord's plan included this particular line.
Two: The Lord would not "accept" an evil person from this line.
Three: it was considered honorable for a brother to take care of his brother's widow.
Four: The brother was deceitful and dishonorable and was struck down by the Lord
Five: The father of the brothers was wrong, and so was deceived as he deceived by a "desperate" woman trying to get what she was "entitled" to (by marriage).
Six: when the father that used prostitutes (he went willingly to Tamar), wanted to kill Tamar for adultery, Tamar exposed him as a hypocrit, and humiliated him into doing the right thing by producing his "staff".
Seven: the Lord wanted one from this line and it came to pass
Eight: never doubt the power of the Lord

Where does it say anything about the Lord and "birth control"? People have always had free will. Because people murder does not mean that murder is "inspired" by the Lord. The OT is full of horrible things. Many of those things are told as a warning, or held up as examples of things to avoid. It is sad that you miss the wonderful lessons that are in the Bible, available to any that would read.

Gee, not seeing it quite the same way.

If God could take the time out of his busy day to kill poor Er for undisclosed sins. (Seriously, what did Er do wrong?) and Onah for simply not wanting to marry Er's wife, because, hey, honestly, that would be kind of creepy, he should have been able to take some time out of his busy day to make sure poor Tamar wasn't murdered.

Tamar had to fend for herself...

Forum List

Back