Is Obama Really this Stupid?

Ooooooh, I love this one. "That's the OLD TESTAMENT".

Come on, guy, you can do better than that.

I could, but it takes brains to understand the logic involved.

NO, not really.

Because most of the barbaric shit in the OT continued well into the middle ages. Some of it damned well near into the modern age.

It was only in the 20th century did people start saying, "Well, the NT nullifies the barbarism of the OT"

NO, not really.

Because most of the barbaric shit in the OT continued well into the middle ages. Some of it damned well near into the modern age.

It was only in the 20th century did people start saying, "Well, the NT nullifies the barbarism of the OT"

That may or may not be true not saying it is or is not. But I would like to see you site some versus's in the New Testament that states a Christian is bound by the laws of the old Testament.

NO, not really.

Which barbarisms in the Old Testament? Can you cite a single example of the nation of Israel ever stoning a woman for not being a virgin?

In the "New Covenant" (when the Christ was born as a man, died, was buried and rose from the dead), the Lord will be written onto man's heart.

For some one that claims to know all about faith, you sure do miss a lot.

The above was a promise of hope to people that struggled to remember the Lord. When they sinned, that sin was held against them and their offspring for generations. They could be punished by the Lord for what their parents and grandparents did (punishment was severe). The Lord made that covenant with Abraham, but very few Israelites could live up to the covenant. Hence, the "New Covenant", where people could be "forgiven" for their sins, and they were responsible for their own sinning. The laws of the OT still apply. The punishments have changed (why would you want to kill someone that would repent, and want to walk with the Lord?). Each of us has the opportunity to learn from our sins, and to do better.

That did not answer the question
Is there a Christian church mentioned in the old testament?

Hold on, checking to see if I care...

gafom.gif

Nope. I don't.

Point is, it's not like the New Testament got rid of all those silly laws in the Old Testement.

Nor does the Bible in EITHER testament really say anything about birth control.

It's the Church's interpretation of these things, and if that's what they want to preach to the faithful, they are free to do so.

They just can't impose it on them, even if they are paying them to do a job.

Why are you imposing your "beliefs" on the Christians that disagree with abortion? Why must "Christian" tax dollars support immoral behavior? Why are you wanting to legislate "immorality"?

If the gov't wants to be in the birth control business, it should do so with surgical proceedures for men and women. A couple staples will ensure no babies. If the people decide they want children they can be financially responsible for reversing the proceedure. (and yes, I am aware that is against the teaching of the church, but feel it is the least evil method)

gafom.gif

Nope. I don't.

Point is, it's not like the New Testament got rid of all those silly laws in the Old Testement.

It's the Church's interpretation of these things, and if that's what they want to preach to the faithful, they are free to do so.

Why are you imposing your "beliefs" on the Christians that disagree with abortion? Why must "Christian" tax dollars support immoral behavior? Why are you wanting to legislate "immorality"?

If the gov't wants to be in the birth control business, it should do so with surgical proceedures for men and women. A couple staples will ensure no babies. If the people decide they want children they can be financially responsible for reversing the proceedure. (and yes, I am aware that is against the teaching of the church, but feel it is the least evil method)

I never claimed I was a christian, Just thought I would point that out.

What gives you the right to ban shit that doesn't concern you? Tell me more. Like I said.. you're all about other people's sins, but ignore your own... You fucking worship the greedy like Demigods are prideful, judgmental pricks.... Don't worry, God's writing all that shit down too. Sin is sin in God's eye... there is no one sin worse than others. That's you rationalizing.

Yep, just ignore the facts.

Not ignoring the facts at all... Never once did I deny any of that shit. What you are ignoring is the fact that YOU don't have the RIGHT to Ban other people's sins. If we are going to do that, where does it stop. We going to throw kids in jail for masturbating? How about getting a blow job? Anal Sex? Doing it doggie style?

The bottom line is... if you are against abortion... don't have one.

Then don't force me to pay for a "service" (torture/murder) that I am not using.

The life that's in control of the decision. When you have to carry around an unwanted fetus around for 9 months, forced into painful childbirth and take care of it for 18 years. You can have a say... until then? STFU.

I know, I know... personal responsibility. Making that choice whether to keep or abort a fetus IS personal responsibility. Taking that choice away is Legislating morality. God gave us free will so that we can make our own choices, you do know this right?

Like I said...If anyone came to me for advice on this subject, I would urge them not to have an abortion. But this is a free country with real choices(and consequences). You want to skip through all of that and make that choice for other people that you have no idea who they are or what their life is like. That makes YOU an oppressor...no better than Stalin, Mao, or Hitler...at least on this particular subject.

"You" have much more in common with those people. They too, could make murder seem perfectly reasonable.

I'm going to address all your posts in this one... Ummm....fuck you.

First off... no one is saying for you to "pay" for abortion. You are just so fuckin' brainwashed that you don't want to believe that the Hyde Amendment works.

I don't condone murder... I don't condone abortion... I am against it. I just refuse to judge a person for having an abortion.... that's God's job... not yours, not mine. I am also not for banning abortion. Regulating it? Yes. But not banning.

I'll address your first statement, NO THANK YOU.

My tax dollars are (ARE) paying for abortions and human experimentation and discection of embroys made specifically to murder future humans. It is being done thru "medical research grants" and "planned parenthood grants".
Where have I judged a person having an abortion? I have absolutely no authority to "judge" anyone.
I am for educating. Society will be best served by mature people deciding to join in matrimony to build a life as one. The best possible scenario for sex is between one man and one woman that are MARRIED and want to have a family (see, that way any children made are "wanted"). If you have a child out of wedlock, the chances that your child will be abused, molested, or raised in poverty will INCREASE. If you have an abortion, you are murdering another person (it does not matter what lip service you get from others), it will come back to you (thru guilt, thru mental anguish, thru the increased possiblity of cancer). If you have sex with multiple partners, your chances of "aquiring" a STD increase, dramatically. Little children should be allowed to be "children". They should play age appropriate games, they should compete, they should fall down and get hurt to learn how to get back on their feet, they should learn how to lose and how to win. They should not be taught the greatest accomplishment in life is to be a "user's" sex toy, and what positions the users prefer, and what demented other "partners" might be introduced.

And yes, I realize this will not happen, but what could it hurt to tell the truth?

True... very true... But that's not your choice to make, furthermore... the elimination of that choice is not something that a free society should be doing. Make no mistake. I do not condone abortion...I am just not one to force my opinions upon others and make them bend to it.

That's where you guys are wrong. Trying to legislate morality is what is happening in the Middle East with their Sharia Law bullshit. Is this really the direction we want to be heading?

Why is Obama "legislating" IMMORALITY? Is that really the direction we want to be heading?

He's not... abortion has been legal since 1973.

Doesn't that same President say: because something is legal doesn't make it right (that would be immoral)? But nice avoid.

Yep, just ignore the facts.

Not ignoring the facts at all... Never once did I deny any of that shit. What you are ignoring is the fact that YOU don't have the RIGHT to Ban other people's sins. If we are going to do that, where does it stop. We going to throw kids in jail for masturbating? How about getting a blow job? Anal Sex? Doing it doggie style?

Then don't force me to pay for a "service" (torture/murder) that I am not using.

Then don't force me to pay outlandish prices for medicines that other countries pay a pittance for, just so some CEO can cruise around in a Ferrari. Don't force my kids to go $100K in debt before they even have a chance to start their lives so they can get an education. Don't force the uninsured to have to make a choice of a house or their lives because our health care system is one that has to make a killing.

Lastly... you're not too fucking logical in this.... you're emotional. The Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funds to pay for abortions... IF you have proof otherwise, then take it to court....otherwise? You are just being a speculative, whiny bitch.

Then don't force me to pay outlandish prices for medicines that other countries pay a pittance for, just so some CEO can cruise around in a Ferrari. Don't force my kids to go $100K in debt before they even have a chance to start their lives so they can get an education. Don't force the uninsured to have to make a choice of a house or their lives because our health care system is one that has to make a killing.

Lastly... you're not too fucking logical in this.... you're emotional. The Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funds to pay for abortions... IF you have proof otherwise, then take it to court....otherwise? You are just being a speculative, whiny bitch.

I am not forcing you to buy medicine.
I am not forcing your children to attend college.
Are you suggesting the gov't decide how we spend "our" money? We make decisions every day for our own priorities. Some choose to live the high life, and not invest in medical insurance. Some choose to work where there is no medical insurance.

I feel bad that they made those choices. Shucks, I have even told them they were making bad decisions, do you know what they told me? Get out of my business. Then when they are trouble, not only do they want to be in my business, they want to break me. It is my turn, get out of my wallet. Why should my children be deprived of education, medical proceedures, toys, etc because people decided to make poor decisions and wasted their resources? Why should those that have worked and scraped, and sacrificed have to feed the "grasshoppers" that partied until the "winter" of their lives? We are in a time of "pestilance" and its name is "occupy".

gafom.gif

Nope. I don't.

Is this how God feel's about birth control?
Genesis 38:7-10 kjv

7And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was evil in the sight of the LORD, so the LORD took his life.
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up [a]offspring for your brother.”
9 Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he [c]wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give [d]offspring to his brother. 10 But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.

I'm no biblical scholar nor do I claim to be a christian but seed in the Bible I think represents the mans sperm.

gafom.gif

Nope. I don't.

7And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was evil in the sight of the LORD, so the LORD took his life.
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up [a]offspring for your brother.”
9 Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he [c]wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give [d]offspring to his brother. 10 But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.

I'm no biblical scholar nor do I claim to be a christian but seed in the Bible I think represents the mans sperm.

Well, gee, that actually seems kind of psychotic. He doesn't want to father children with this woman, because it was his dead brother's wife, So God kills the poor schlub?

Sadly, God does this all through the bible. The more people who actually read the bible, the more atheists we'll have.

And we never really found out what Er did that God had to smite him.

The story goes on that poor Tamar (the second hand wife) eventually had to seduce Judah disguised as a harlot. And when she was pregnant, Judah was going to murder her on the spot for adultery. Even though she had an unborn baby in her womb.

Then Tamar revealed that Judah himself was the father of that child. Oooooopsy.

So essentially, God had no problem killing an unborn child, which means you can take the SAME retarded story and make a case for abortion.

gafom.gif

Nope. I don't.

Well, gee, that actually seems kind of psychotic. He doesn't want to father children with this woman, because it was his dead brother's wife, So God kills the poor schlub?

Sadly, God does this all through the bible. The more people who actually read the bible, the more atheists we'll have.

And we never really found out what Er did that God had to smite him.

The story goes on that poor Tamar (the second hand wife) eventually had to seduce Judah disguised as a harlot. And when she was pregnant, Judah was going to murder her on the spot for adultery. Even though she had an unborn baby in her womb.

Then Tamar revealed that Judah himself was the father of that child. Oooooopsy.

So essentially, God had no problem killing an unborn child, which means you can take the SAME retarded story and make a case for abortion.

I see you're an atheist.

Duly noted that you couldn't really answer the point that God was totally down with Judah burning Tamar and her fetus to death.

I am human and can not answer for a Just God. My answer could never justify his action so why bother?

But you religionists spend every day trying to impose stupid, mean-spirited rules on the rest of us on the basis of what you think you Invisible Sky Pixie wants. But when someone points out how the Pixie does something in the Bible that is just plain evil or inexplicable, you say, "Well, we can't possibly know the mind of God."

Reality check. The bible was written by bronze age savages and "God" was their explanation for everything they didn't understand. Since they didn't know what a Germ was or where the sun went at night, God got the blame for a lot of stuff.

That's what's this argument is about, is it not? The Catholic Church (you know, the one that molested altar boys, started crusades, burned witches, tortured heratics, sold indulgences, etc.) is just horrified that they have to pay for birth control pills for their employees or their employees spouses or children up to the age of 26. Why? Because that's their intrepretation of the Bible. Other Christian sects read the same bible and come up with different conclusions.

Duly noted that you couldn't really answer the point that God was totally down with Judah burning Tamar and her fetus to death.

I am human and can not answer for a Just God. My answer could never justify his action so why bother?

But you religionists spend every day trying to impose stupid, mean-spirited rules on the rest of us on the basis of what you think you Invisible Sky Pixie wants. But when someone points out how the Pixie does something in the Bible that is just plain evil or inexplicable, you say, "Well, we can't possibly know the mind of God."

Reality check. The bible was written by bronze age savages and "God" was their explanation for everything they didn't understand. Since they didn't know what a Germ was or where the sun went at night, God got the blame for a lot of stuff.

That's what's this argument is about, is it not? The Catholic Church (you know, the one that molested altar boys, started crusades, burned witches, tortured heratics, sold indulgences, etc.) is just horrified that they have to pay for birth control pills for their employees or their employees spouses or children up to the age of 26. Why? Because that's their intrepretation of the Bible. Other Christian sects read the same bible and come up with different conclusions.

That is BS, I know many of faith that are not trying to cram it down my throat.

Christians have evolved. they nolonger runaround the world killing for God, we now have the US government, saying our might is right.

Forum List

Back