Is Linux as good as many people say??

Linux disciples will never admit that Linux is not the best OS for the PC users.
I actually came here thinking it would be a good idea to start my next build off with Linux. Still might try but just talking about the OS has really turned me off on the idea in general. It is like talking to a wall. Never commented on here about Linux at all and they are still convinced themselves that I am somehow against the OS and a windows fan. Obviously they are trying to convince themselves more than anyone else.

Linux disciples will never admit that Linux is not the best OS for the PC users.
I actually came here thinking it would be a good idea to start my next build off with Linux. Still might try but just talking about the OS has really turned me off on the idea in general. It is like talking to a wall. Never commented on here about Linux at all and they are still convinced themselves that I am somehow against the OS and a windows fan. Obviously they are trying to convince themselves more than anyone else.
Hope you're not including me and iamwhatiseem, we were addressing your fallacies and misconceptions about OSs in general.
Bleep is a M$ bot if there ever was one, Icetweezle doesn't know how to control himself.

That´s their problem. Not all Linux-fans are like that, though.

However, if you want to try Linux, try Korora. It is not as known as Ubuntu but it comes with many tools pre-installed and and tries to include one tool for every task.

Hope you're not including me and iamwhatiseem, we were addressing your fallacies and misconceptions about OSs in general.
Bleep is a M$ bot if there ever was one, Icetweezle doesn't know how to control himself.
I am not a MS bot. You are MS-opponents.

Yes I have issues with M$, but show me where I'm a Windows opponent......... I won't hold my breath, can't do it that long........ And your every post belies your non-bot claim....... Try again.

Yes I have issues with M$, but show me where I'm a Windows opponent......... I won't hold my breath, can't do it that long........ And your every post belies your non-bot claim....... Try again.
Show me a MS bot post, then.

Show me a MS bot post, then.
Simple, find any post you make about Linux and how messed up it is, only an idiot or an M$ bot would come up with that. Which do you want to be?

Pick one.
Any post you make about how hard and bad Linux is for the typical user, you know exactly what I'm talking about and no, I'm not going to waste my time figuring how to search for what we both know is true. :thup:
I never made such a post.
stay-calm-and-deny-everything.jpg

No one needs your approval and don't need convincing. It's you guys that refuse to accept that people are preferring Linux for reasons mentioned here, and other threads. It wouldn't make me do anything differently if someone said things I didn't like, I'd chose the OS I wanted. I don't get that level of sensitivity.

If you are honestly looking into it, it's free and you don't need to commit to anything, download a iso, burn to a dvd or thumb drive, boot to it and run it live (nothing written to the hard drive) and then you'll know.

Woo hoo! I got my Sandisk SSD in the mail an hour ago and here I be with a fresh install of Kubuntu on it. All updated and everything. I wasn't quite sure what would happen with the exact same thing on the hard drive (along with Mint 17.3) but it didn't care. I thought it would be OK but wasn't sure.

One interesting thing, the Sandisk is a 250gb and I only get 120gb. Plenty enough since I will use the HD for storage but I'm glad I didn't save a few bucks and get the 120 drive! I know they want some unallocated space on these things but half? Dayum.

Forum List

Back