Deleting Files from Desktop ... UGH!

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Anytime I have 10 or more files on my desktop and try to select/click on them to delete them, I wind up doing it too fast and wind up with copies/doubles on my desktop to delete!

Anyone every do his or am the only uncoordinated dummy on here????

ahhh.....yep. I used to do lots of stupid stuff especially using mouse. I learned to do left handed with it at work (save my right) and I moved entire company directories by mistake and had to go find it and try to restore (while persons were using same directory (luckily early in workday and of course not many there). If you don't notice mistake for while it can be painful.

Best thing to do is hold down CTRL key and click one at time, the delete group? probably what you were doing.

Can you get to an "undo" quickly? I learned using keyboard, so I had many many shortcuts not using mouse. CTRL-X,Z,Z,A,TAB etc. I really hate mouse work. Newcomers grew up on it and think you crazy using keyboard.

I have this one freaky wireless mouse that likes to double everything I do. It does that sometimes.

As num nut said, might want to hold down Control and select each one for the group, then when they're all highlighted, delete or whatever action you want.

Good to keep the desktop clean. Some people just clutter their desk full of files and then wonder why their system is sluggish.

I have this one freaky wireless mouse that likes to double everything I do. It does that sometimes.

Yeah I swore off wireless mice a few years back.. they can do some goofy crap at very inopportune times. Usually when your gaming and need precision

Yeah I swore off wireless mice a few years back.. they can do some goofy crap at very inopportune times. Usually when your gaming and need precision

I really don't game but it's just this one GE mouse. I had to unretire it the other day when my cheapo Dynex gave up the ghost.

Anytime I have 10 or more files on my desktop and try to select/click on them to delete them, I wind up doing it too fast and wind up with copies/doubles on my desktop to delete!

Anyone every do his or am the only uncoordinated dummy on here????
Pretty much you're a seriously uncoordinated dummy........ :eusa_whistle:

Not really, you're just being too fast and not paying close enough attention for what you're doing. At least you're not deleting hidden system files.......... that I know all to well......... and it wasn't the mouse's fault.........

Get in the habit of using the Right-click first...

... then from the context menu that appears...

... choose the action you want to do.

Normally, I have about 20 or more files (usually pics) that I want to delete.... what I do is hold the CTRL button and RIGHT click them one at a time but I go too fast and wind up double-clicking in the process and it just makes copies of the ones I had selected so far, which means I now have to CTRL / right click THOSE files...

Hasn't happened in a while, I just go more slowly :)

Or...don't put 10 files on your desktop....

.... yeah well there is always that! I actually do now create a file folder when I'm working with a large numbers of pics.....
Why use the desktop anyway? If they are temporary files make a temp folder, name it whatever, and toss them in there.

I always liked a clean desktop and only show a mounted drive. Usually a separate partition I use for all data files, documents, anything I want saved. Even if the OS partition went tits up all the data is still there.

.... yeah well there is always that! I actually do now create a file folder when I'm working with a large numbers of pics.....
Why use the desktop anyway? If they are temporary files make a temp folder, name it whatever, and toss them in there.

I always liked a clean desktop and only show a mounted drive. Usually a separate partition I use for all data files, documents, anything I want saved. Even if the OS partition went tits up all the data is still there.

Laziness I guess. Any frequently used documents I save to my desktop.
I have tons of documents for work - sometimes I forget where I put them - I'm trying to use it less and less....
Bad habit I suppose....

I have tons of documents for work - sometimes I forget where I put them - I'm trying to use it less and less....
Bad habit I suppose....
If you're getting payed for it why do it the quick way?

Bad habit I suppose....

Call me crazy, I like to try to do my job perfectly! It's a pride thing.... :)

Bad habit I suppose....

Call me crazy, I like to try to do my job perfectly! It's a pride thing.... :)
Sometimes shortcuts take longer.

obviously I don't have it all figured out. I'm overworked as it is - too much to do in too little time. Of course, when you work fast and resolve problems quickly that is what happens.....

But it's how I roll. Need to start my own business...

Bad habit I suppose....
You're like my wife, save's everything to desktop, not only that when she's on the computer she'll have 5 to 15 programs open at one time, puts the computer to sleep with everything open then complains that the computer is slowing down........... I swear she'd be able to slow down the fastest super computer on the planet......

Here is what I do...I have two folders on my desktop..."Work"...anything pertaining to work that I want to keep goes here...and "Stuff"...no explanation necessary.
I have my browsers and applications that download all pointing to the "Stuff" folder...so nothing appears on my desktop unless I purposefully put it there.
Result: I always have a nice clean desktop. :cool-45:

Computers and browsers, caches and cookies.

When I left my last job, for the one I currently have; a female emailed me. I ended up "dating her" for a few months - but that is another story.

The female, a physicians assistant emailed me, and wanted to go out on a date. Thing is, I never gover her my email address, and no one at my last job had my email address.

So how did she my email address? A "Computer guru" whom monitored my personal email from my last job - give it to her. Thats right - my private email was being read and copied....I suspect and strongly believe ; by the "computer guru" at my last job. So in a huge conspiracy and to further their surveillance of me ( I left my last job, so their surveillance of me was now limited ) - they give a female whom was just freshly out of Physicans Assistant School, my email address.

We dated. When I was driving on a four lane highway, north of where I work.....I broke off our relationship. She got mad at me on the phone when I broke up with her.

This is the same P.A ( Physicians Assistant ) whom was at an EMS Startion in the South Sector, setting on the couch and "Surveilling me", as was a Deputy Sheriff ( whom lived in the north west sector ) whom used the weights at the EMS station to work out with before he started work.

She kept "popping up". Someone forgot one of the rules of surveillance - No constant repeatedness, no using the same person over and over---> Fresh faces, fresh clothes, new routine, nothing in common.

She "led me" to smoking marijuana.....which I did not, I am not a illicit drug user. But she did the same thing, same tactics, same topics of speech....all of which she was not a party to---> like some former coworkers did. She wanted me to go out with one of her freinds when she was out of town.....and other antics.

Computer surveillance, audio surveilance and video surveillance......ON ME at my last job. Some people I believe were just so angered at me for no reason.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back