Is LeBron James the GOAT?

The greatest athletes in the world are US 5th Special Forces followed closely by Navy S.E.A.L.s....Lebron wouldn't last a day in the field with either branch.

I really don't think you can say that. And those people are not athletes, they are soldiers. Thy might be the worlds best soldiers but war is not a sport.

Yeah, well I did say that didn't I, asshole? Put a 70lb rucksack and another 30 lbs of gear on any NBA clown in his little short pants and tell him to double-time 6 clicks in the mountains of Afghanistan.....As usual you don't know shit from shinola, boy.

I think that if they train 5 days a week to do that, they are very capable of doing so. You try sprinting the 8-9 miles they do per game. These men are in tremendous shape. And I think that if they were SEALS they could do what the seals do with the same training. You see junior, the body will do what it's rained to do. Those seals did not show up on their first day able to do the shit you talk about. Apparently you know nothing about training and the difference between sports and war. Those SEALS are soldiers, not athletes, and they are not preparing for a game, they are preparing to try surviving in a war. Those NBA players can be trained to do the same thing. And one thing is for certain, that when they show up for basic they'll be in better shape initially than the others trying to be SEALS and it will take them less time to be in good enough shape to fight than the average SEAL.

The argument can be made that Lebron is the GOAT
You can also make a case for Jordan

But Lebron still has several years to play

I make my case for Jordan based on the fact that he was scoring an average of over 30 points per game for at least the 6 years he won championships. He led the league in scoring those years and I think in steal for several years with it and made the all defensive team as well. James has not had years scoring 30 ppg, consecutively if he has had one. James has never approached the 37 ppg average Jordan had one year. James is one of the greats for certain but the greatest of all time? Not IMO.
Good point

But scoring is not the only aspect of the game.

I know and that's why I mentioned that Jordan was on the all defensive team for years.

I'll vote for Bill Russell, 11 championships during his 13-year career.

I always hear that in comparing Bill Russell to Wilt Chamberlain. Russell won championships. But Bill Russell had five Hall of Fame players surrounding him. Wilt Chamberlain had to carry his team night after night

Wilt was statistically better than Russell in those match ups. Wilt was better than Russell.

I always hear that in comparing Bill Russell to Wilt Chamberlain. Russell won championships. But Bill Russell had five Hall of Fame players surrounding him. Wilt Chamberlain had to carry his team night after night

Wilt was statistically better than Russell in those match ups. Wilt was better than Russell.
Look at Wilt when he was older and with the Lakers
He had great players around him and he didn’t have to carry the team. Then he won championships

He had great players around him and he didn’t have to carry the team. Then he won championships

They say if Wilt had hit more free throws it wouldn't have mattered. But Wilt ate Russell up every game they played against each other.

Wilt averaged 30 points and 23 rebounds against Russell. Now that's dominance.

Wilt Chamberlain vs. Bill Russell Comparison

They say if Wilt had hit more free throws it wouldn't have mattered. But Wilt ate Russell up every game they played against each other.

23 rebounds?

Against the games greatest defensive player?

23 rebounds?

And 30 points. If you hit the link, you see that Wilt was simply the better player and it's not even an argument

23 rebounds?

And 30 points. If you hit the link, you see that Wilt was simply the better player and it's not even an argument
Wilt averaged 50 a game one year

23 rebounds?

Wilt averaged 50 a game one year

Yes he did and scored 100 points in an NBA game at least once.

I've always been a Jordan guy, the Greatest of All Time, but not any more.

I don't think the sport has seen anything like LeBron James, and I'm not sure ANY sport has.

You usually see career records and career milestones passed as an athlete is winding down his career. Not this guy. He's still absolutely DOMINANT.

The closest team athlete I can think of is Jim Brown.

Thoughts?
Fix! I knew Cleveland would win game 7 even though Boston seemed unstoppable at home and golden state will take care of business in Houston.

F me! I wanted a Boston houston finals

I don't think the sport has seen anything like LeBron James, and I'm not sure ANY sport has.

You usually see career records and career milestones passed as an athlete is winding down his career. Not this guy. He's still absolutely DOMINANT.

Thoughts?
Fix! I knew Cleveland would win game 7 even though Boston seemed unstoppable at home and golden state will take care of business in Houston.

I don't think it was a fix. The Celtics were young and they were missing their best player.

I think that if they train 5 days a week to do that, they are very capable of doing so. You try sprinting the 8-9 miles they do per game. These men are in tremendous shape. And I think that if they were SEALS they could do what the seals do with the same training. You see junior, the body will do what it's rained to do. Those seals did not show up on their first day able to do the shit you talk about. Apparently you know nothing about training and the difference between sports and war. Those SEALS are soldiers, not athletes, and they are not preparing for a game, they are preparing to try surviving in a war. Those NBA players can be trained to do the same thing. And one thing is for certain, that when they show up for basic they'll be in better shape initially than the others trying to be SEALS and it will take them less time to be in good enough shape to fight than the average SEAL.

I was at An Khe when you were 6 years old, shitbag. You know nothing about soldiers, sports, life, or anything else...you just run your mouff on a message board. I was ten times the athlete you ever were but barely got on the Recon team I went for. That's the difference...what we did wasn't a game and coming in second was coming home dead. I've scraped better than you off the bottom of my boot, punk.

I was at An Khe when you were 6 years old, shitbag. You know nothing about soldiers, sports, life, or anything else...you just run your mouff on a message board. I was ten times the athlete you ever were but barely got on the Recon team I went for. That's the difference...what we did wasn't a game and coming in second was coming home dead. I've scraped better than you off the bottom of my boot, punk.

I really could care less. I know plenty about soldiers. I doubt if you were 10 times the athlete I was. Between you and I, you are the one blowing the hot air. And I know damn well that if I could wear 20-25 pounds of equipment 3 times a day in 100 plus degree heat, and on Saturday afternoons, I could do what SEALS do.

I really could care less. I know plenty about soldiers. I doubt if you were 10 times the athlete I was. Between you and I, you are the one blowing the hot air. And I know damn well that if I could wear 20-25 pounds of equipment 3 times a day in 100 plus degree heat, and on Saturday afternoons, I could do what SEALS do.

You mean bark until somebody throws you a fish, moron?

LeBron is heading to his 8th straight final with a weak supporting cast. LJ is getting it done in the modern era against much stronger players than the olden days. 7" Durant is playing point forward!

Wilt could catch lob and dunk. No one could play that high. Mugsy Bouges could play above the rim during Lebrons' era.

MJ had Pippen. JR Smith? Please. He of "black beavis and butthead". George Hill seems OK. Along with the heavy one, name escapes me?

The Greatest? He got Cleve a Title, no one else had done that. Down 3-1 to hot-shooting GS. LeBron is constantly winning me over. I used to be a doubter, but last night...he got it done again.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I don't think it was a fix. The Celtics were young and they were missing their best player.
No offense but screw that. Lol. I saw this coming. My dad said it’d be a miracle if Cleveland beat them in Boston without love especially.

I told my dad if it goes 7 throw out home court advantage.

You’re right though Boston is young. They choked at home. Couldn’t close the deal. I suspect that team will be back.

Lebron 8 finals in a row? That’s pretty great. Jordan didn’t do that but he won 6.

I still have Jordan 1a and lebron 1b. I can’t definitely put lebron as #2. But he’s better than Kobe even though Kobe has more rings. He needed shaq to get three of those.

Jordan had better teams too but Jordan was just a competitive assassin.

It’s almost unfair to put lebron below anybody but jordan was the man. So competitive. Did it with flare.

If you had to pick first for a five on 5 who you gonna pick?

You lebron

Me Jordan

Me wilt

You Kareem or shaq or alajuan. We only get one center each.

Ok so now who are the next 6 guys we would pick?

Kobe has to be one of the guys. Tim Duncan maybe my forward? Magic Johnson. Larry Bird.

No one older than bird and Johnson. Who’ve I missed?

King James certainly put on a show in this series .. and to do this in game 7 in the Gahhh-den? Crazy.

I'm pretty sure he's from another planet

King James certainly put on a show in this series .. and to do this in game 7 in the Gahhh-den? Crazy.

I hope golden state at least loses. I don’t want to see the same two teams every year. Durant got his ring. I wanted that. But no he needs to be humbled and learn to play better team ball.

Durant doesn’t make his teammates better. That’s why lebron is better than him

I hope golden state at least loses. I don’t want to see the same two teams every year. Durant got his ring. I wanted that. But no he needs to be humbled and learn to play better team ball.

Durant doesn’t make his teammates better. That’s why lebron is better than him

I like Kevin a lot but you're right, LeBron has almost twice as many assists per game. Part of that may be that LeBron handles the ball a lot more - more touches is gonna mean more assists.

What's amazing about BOTH is their ball handling skills. Either can bring the ball up court with the ease of a really good NBA guard.

Points Per Game
Kevin Durant 27.1
pixel_red.gif

LeBron James 27.2
pixel_green_dark.gif

pixel_green.gif

Rebounds Per Game
Kevin Durant 7.1
pixel_red.gif

LeBron James 7.4
pixel_green_dark.gif

pixel_green.gif

Assists Per Game
Kevin Durant 3.9
pixel_red.gif

LeBron James 7.2
pixel_green_dark.gif

pixel_green.gif

Steals Per Game
Kevin Durant 1.2
pixel_red.gif

LeBron James 1.6
pixel_green_dark.gif

pixel_green.gif

Blocks Per Game
Kevin Durant 1.1
pixel_green.gif

LeBron James 0.8

Agree with you though on same two teams every year. Which is why I was rooting for Boston last night :)

Thoughts?
I believe Shak Attack was the greatest guy.

But Seth is fast taking over.

Forum List

Back