Is LeBron James the GOAT?

I used to swear I’d never see a better QB than Joe Montana

But Brady passed him by
I think Montana is better but as much as I dislike the Patriots it gets harder to argue against Brady the longer he plays. At this point it is obvious he is one of the best ever, and can be argued as the best. Same for Belichick versus say Shula for example.
Belichick is better than Vince Lombardi
That's a bold statement, but it is hard to argue against. Like Brady they are both in top 3 conversation if not best.
Lombardi’s run lasted about ten years. He built a solid team and ran with them. NFL only had 14 teams then. Lombardi only had to win his division and go straight to the championship
Belichick has to beat 30 teams and win at least three playoff games to win a championship

But Brady passed him by
I think Montana is better but as much as I dislike the Patriots it gets harder to argue against Brady the longer he plays. At this point it is obvious he is one of the best ever, and can be argued as the best. Same for Belichick versus say Shula for example.

I don't know. Brady will get that kind of credit but you got guys who probably won't see as many Superbowls who might be better. Aaron Rodgers for example.. He can do more than Brady. And athletically Montana was better than Brady. So was Elway. But in the end Brady will probably have all the numbers.

But Brady passed him by
That's a bold statement, but it is hard to argue against. Like Brady they are both in top 3 conversation if not best.
Lombardi’s run lasted about ten years. He built a solid team and ran with them. NFL only had 14 teams then. Lombardi only had to win his division and go straight to the championship
Belichick has to beat 30 teams and win at least three playoff games to win a championship
You aren't wrong but using the rules coaches or players worked with during their time against them isn't exactly fair IMO. That's why this stuff is always subjective and almost never clear cut.

But Brady passed him by

That's a tough one. Lombardi won a whole bunch of championships before there was a super bowl. George Halas, Curly Lambeau and Shula are in this discussion with them.

But Brady passed him by

I don't know. Brady will get that kind of credit but you got guys who probably won't see as many Superbowls who might be better. Aaron Rodgers for example.. He can do more than Brady. And athletically Montana was better than Brady. So was Elway. But in the end Brady will probably have all the numbers.
That's the argument that Montana is better than Brady. It's a good one and I agree with it. This stuff can be argued forever though. Brady benefits from goat coach and great defenses vs. say Rodgers or Brees.

But Brady passed him by

That's the argument that Montana is better than Brady. It's a good one and I agree with it. This stuff can be argued forever though. Brady benefits from goat coach and great defenses vs. say Rodgers or Brees.

Yes I agree. But these are fun discussions, much better than arguing about race or politics. It's really hard to disagree with any of these opinions. All of these players and coaches are great. And I totally forgot about Brees , he definitely should be in the discussion. So does Peyton Manning.

We measure greatness by number of world championships. Nicklaus is better than Woods even though Woods has many more tour wins than Nicklaus. Brady is the best because he has the most rings. Jordan is still the best because he has most rings.

If you've won more golf tournaments there is no argument. Woods is better than Nicklaus. But I like them both. There is no official world championship golf tournament.
By that logic then Sam Snead is the greatest since he has the most all time tournament wins. He has no where near the number of majors that Woods and Nicklaus have. In golf it's all about the 4 majors.

I know that but I've seen Nicklaus and Woods play in their primes. Woods is better IMO. And he's not done quite yet, I don't think. I think they really need a world championship tournament of golf.
I've watched Tiger since he played with the pros at age 16 on an invite. And I watched Jack, Tom, Lee, Gary and Nick in their primes. I agree in terms of pure talent there has never been anyone like Tiger. But he unfortunately messed up his personal life and his body to such a degree that he robbed himself of the chance to break Nicklaus' 18 majors record. I hope his body holds up long enough for him to win again.

We measure greatness by number of world championships. Nicklaus is better than Woods even though Woods has many more tour wins than Nicklaus. Brady is the best because he has the most rings. Jordan is still the best because he has most rings.

If you've won more golf tournaments there is no argument. Woods is better than Nicklaus. But I like them both. There is no official world championship golf tournament.
By that logic then Sam Snead is the greatest since he has the most all time tournament wins. He has no where near the number of majors that Woods and Nicklaus have. In golf it's all about the 4 majors.

I know that but I've seen Nicklaus and Woods play in their primes. Woods is better IMO. And he's not done quite yet, I don't think. I think they really need a world championship tournament of golf.
I've watched Tiger since he played with the pros at age 16 on an invite. And I watched Jack, Tom, Lee, Gary and Nick in their primes. I agree in terms of pure talent there has never been anyone like Tiger. But he unfortunately messed up his personal life and his body to such a degree that he robbed himself of the chance to break Nicklaus' 18 majors record. I hope his body holds up long enough for him to win again.

I don't know if he's lost the chance to break the majors record yet, but you are correct on many things you said.

Jordan is levels above Lebron because of an x-factor called the will to win. Lebron has fatigue issues, he appears defeated and lunky in alotta important 4th quarter situations. Jordan refused to lay down and as a result, 6 chips in dominant slugging it out fashion.

Lebron has killer physical dominance, but not killer instincts. You cant measure that, you just have to know your shit.

I'll vote for Bill Russell, 11 championships during his 13-year career.

I always hear that in comparing Bill Russell to Wilt Chamberlain. Russell won championships. But Bill Russell had five Hall of Fame players surrounding him. Wilt Chamberlain had to carry his team night after night

The greatest athletes in the world are US 5th Special Forces followed closely by Navy S.E.A.L.s....Lebron wouldn't last a day in the field with either branch.

I really don't think you can say that. And those people are not athletes, they are soldiers. Thy might be the worlds best soldiers but war is not a sport.

Yeah, well I did say that didn't I, asshole? Put a 70lb rucksack and another 30 lbs of gear on any NBA clown in his little short pants and tell him to double-time 6 clicks in the mountains of Afghanistan.....As usual you don't know shit from shinola, boy.

The greatest athletes in the world are US 5th Special Forces followed closely by Navy S.E.A.L.s....Lebron wouldn't last a day in the field with either branch.

I really don't think you can say that. And those people are not athletes, they are soldiers. Thy might be the worlds best soldiers but war is not a sport.

Yeah, well I did say that didn't I, asshole? Put a 70lb rucksack and another 30 lbs of gear on any NBA clown in his little short pants and tell him to double-time 6 clicks in the mountains of Afghanistan.....As usual you don't know shit from shinola, boy.
It doesn't come off right when you overcompensate by trying to talk like such a tough guy, dude. Its just lame

It doesn't come off right when you overcompensate by trying to talk like such a tough guy, dude. Its just lame

Fuck you, Loretta and the dildo you rode in on,.

Fuck you, Loretta and the dildo you rode in on,.
Thats just cringey talk, Thomas.

The argument can be made that Lebron is the GOAT
You can also make a case for Jordan

But Lebron still has several years to play

I make my case for Jordan based on the fact that he was scoring an average of over 30 points per game for at least the 6 years he won championships. He led the league in scoring those years and I think in steal for several years with it and made the all defensive team as well. James has not had years scoring 30 ppg, consecutively if he has had one. James has never approached the 37 ppg average Jordan had one year. James is one of the greats for certain but the greatest of all time? Not IMO.

I make my case for Jordan based on the fact that he was scoring an average of over 30 points per game for at least the 6 years he won championships. He led the league in scoring those years and I think in steal for several years with it and made the all defensive team as well. James has not had years scoring 30 ppg, consecutively if he has had one. James has never approached the 37 ppg average Jordan had one year. James is one of the greats for certain but the greatest of all time? Not IMO.
Good point

But scoring is not the only aspect of the game.

Forum List

Back