Is LeBron James the GOAT?

King James certainly put on a show in this series .. and to do this in game 7 in the Gahhh-den? Crazy.

I'm pretty sure he's from another planet

I hope golden state at least loses. I don’t want to see the same two teams every year. Durant got his ring. I wanted that. But no he needs to be humbled and learn to play better team ball.

Durant doesn’t make his teammates better. That’s why lebron is better than him

sealybobo every time you wish for the Warriors to lose they win.

We are all caught up in the moment, but Jordan was out of the game for 2 years and probably would have won 8 championships in a row had he not been. Not just go to 8 championships then lose most of them. Jordan is better than James. But James is certainly one of the all time greats, And James had Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh for several years. Wade is a hall of famer, Bosh might be. James had Kyrie Irving with him until this year. Jordan had Pippen and still carried that team.

Wilt was a high jumper on the KU track team. The man was a great athlete. But we forget Kareem too.

I've always been a Jordan guy, the Greatest of All Time, but not any more.

I don't think the sport has seen anything like LeBron James, and I'm not sure ANY sport has.

You usually see career records and career milestones passed as an athlete is winding down his career. Not this guy. He's still absolutely DOMINANT.

The closest team athlete I can think of is Jim Brown.

Thoughts?
I believe Shak Attack was the greatest guy.

But Seth is fast taking over.

Shaq was one of the great centers ever and that's saying a lot but he was not the greatest player. Seth Curry is not even close. He's a great shooter and that's it.

We are all caught up in the moment, but Jordan was out of the game for 2 years and probably would have won 8 championships in a row had he not been. Not just go to 8 championships then lose most of them. Jordan is better than James. But James is certainly one of the all time greats, And James had Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh for several years. Wade is a hall of famer, Bosh might be. James had Kyrie Irving with him until this year. Jordan had Pippen and still carried that team.

Wilt was a high jumper on the KU track team. The man was a great athlete. But we forget Kareem too.

Wilt was more than a high jumper, he also excelled at shot put, middle distance and long jump

Wilt was more than a high jumper, he also excelled at shot put, middle distance and long jump

That's true and as I live in Kansas I guess I should have known that. But I didn't go to KU and can't stand the Jayhawks. It's the only thing I have against Wilt.

LeBron is heading to his 8th straight final with a weak supporting cast. LJ is getting it done in the modern era against much stronger players than the olden days. 7" Durant is playing point forward!

Wilt could catch lob and dunk. No one could play that high. Mugsy Bouges could play above the rim during Lebrons' era.

MJ had Pippen. JR Smith? Please. He of "black beavis and butthead". George Hill seems OK. Along with the heavy one, name escapes me?

The Greatest? He got Cleve a Title, no one else had done that. Down 3-1 to hot-shooting GS. LeBron is constantly winning me over. I used to be a doubter, but last night...he got it done again.

Elgin Baylor, Connie Hawkins and many others during Wilts day played above the rim.

I agree. This is why as great as lebron is, he’s no Jordan.

But I bet you anyone who loves basketball and is around 25 or 30 years old. In 10 years we will be arguing with them. They will point to how lebron has owned the east almost from day one. He broke up the 2006 (roughly) pistons and has owned the east ever since. Either on crappy Cleveland in the beginning or now, or with the heat.

I’m not arguing with you. Jordan would have won 3 with wade and bosh. And lebron didn’t win in Cleveland. He had to leave to go get a ring. I’ll give him credit for coming back and winning ONLY one for Cleveland

Lebron could make a case for himself by winning a championship this year. Otherwise this season will add to our case that Jordan was better.

I know people will say the bulls were better but fact is that was the mofo Michael Jordan show

I really could care less. I know plenty about soldiers. I doubt if you were 10 times the athlete I was. Between you and I, you are the one blowing the hot air. And I know damn well that if I could wear 20-25 pounds of equipment 3 times a day in 100 plus degree heat, and on Saturday afternoons, I could do what SEALS do.

You mean bark until somebody throws you a fish, moron?

That's apparently all you did. .

LeBron is heading to his 8th straight final with a weak supporting cast. LJ is getting it done in the modern era against much stronger players than the olden days. 7" Durant is playing point forward!

Wilt could catch lob and dunk. No one could play that high. Mugsy Bouges could play above the rim during Lebrons' era.

MJ had Pippen. JR Smith? Please. He of "black beavis and butthead". George Hill seems OK. Along with the heavy one, name escapes me?

The Greatest? He got Cleve a Title, no one else had done that. Down 3-1 to hot-shooting GS. LeBron is constantly winning me over. I used to be a doubter, but last night...he got it done again.

Elgin Baylor, Connie Hawkins and many others during Wilts day played above the rim.
Walton McCale and bird. Best white lineup ever

They were one of the best lineups ever period. Not as good as the Lakers of that time but still when you look at the history of the game this team is up there with the greats.

I really could care less. I know plenty about soldiers. I doubt if you were 10 times the athlete I was. Between you and I, you are the one blowing the hot air. And I know damn well that if I could wear 20-25 pounds of equipment 3 times a day in 100 plus degree heat, and on Saturday afternoons, I could do what SEALS do.

You mean bark until somebody throws you a fish, moron?

That's apparently all you did. .
At tiger stadium they have the picture of the black team before blacks were allowed in the MLB. They all looked like modern day athletes today. Then you go look at the little white tigers. So obvious the black team would have killed the white team

Legend has it ty Cobb used to go practice with the blacks. Hit against them. Steal on their catchers. Etc. that’s why he got so great in the white league

The guy tried to suggest Cobb wasn’t racist because of this. I disagree. Just because he used them to make himself better doesn’t make him a humanitarian. He didn’t speak out. In fact when blacks back then said black lives matter ty Cobb said all lives matter

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

That's true and as I live in Kansas I guess I should have known that. But I didn't go to KU and can't stand the Jayhawks. It's the only thing I have against Wilt.
Kansas was a long way from Philadelphia

He was the dominant team basketball player of his era

They were one of the best lineups ever period. Not as good as the Lakers of that time but still when you look at the history of the game this team is up there with the greats.
On 30 for 30 they make an argument that the one year they were their best they were going to destroy that laker team and the lakers got bounced by Portland I believe it was?

They did, but it was a different game back then

Two handed set shot was still in use

I’ll give you this. If we were playing Nintendo and you gave me first pick and we had $1000 on it, I’d pick LA. Lol

Kansas was a long way from Philadelphia

He was the dominant team basketball player of his era

Wilt is one of the greatest of all time. He would have been at the top in ay era. Him and Kareem.

On 30 for 30 they make an argument that the one year they were their best they were going to destroy that laker team and the lakers got bounced by Portland I believe it was?

Overall the Lakers beat the Celtics in more championship series than they beat the Lakers. And it was Houston. Let's not forget that the Celtics got lucky against the Pistons when Isiah threw that lazy pass.

They did, but it was a different game back then

Two handed set shot was still in use

At the same time the game was far more physical.

Forum List

Back