Is John Kerry Deliberately Deceitful or Just Plain Stupid?

I can see the front page headlines, Obama and Kerry waving a copy of the treaty over their heads proclaiming "No Iranian Nuc's in our life time, peace through diplomacy"! The media and world press will demand and Kerry will receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Then hell will unleash her furry once the pair have slipped off into retirement.
Sound familiar

First ff, no one has to present a better deal. We just have to decide if this deal is good or not. And it isnt.
Second, the alternative is this: dismantle your nuclear program, quit supporting terrorism, or we will sanction your ass into eternity and if that isnt working turn your country into a smoking ruin.

First ff, no one has to present a better deal. We just have to decide if this deal is good or not. And it isnt.
Second, the alternative is this: dismantle your nuclear program, quit supporting terrorism, or we will sanction your ass into eternity and if that isnt working turn your country into a smoking ruin.
That's brilliant but no one has the balls to say it to Iran. Certainly not Obama. Iran is his buddy.

Last edited:
I can see the front page headlines, Obama and Kerry waving a copy of the treaty over their heads proclaiming "No Iranian Nuc's in our life time, peace through diplomacy"! The media and world press will demand and Kerry will receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Then hell will unleash her furry once the pair have slipped off into retirement.
Sound familiar
Hell is furry????

Sound familiar
Hell is furry????
I was going to let that one go...lol.

I see the usual chickenhawks don't want to give peace a chance. Not to mention putting partisan B.S. above their country. Traitors all. Pathetic.

smchickenhawk_roosting.gif

Despite his sonorous delivery, John Kerry's recent challenge to opponents of his Iran negotiations to come up with a better deal contains fundamental flaws as to facts and logic. First, a bad deal is worse than no deal. For example, if a seller insists on a price greater than the value of the item being offered, it is better not to purchase that item. Secondly, "deal or no deal" implies a false limitation of alternatives. His opponents already have proposed the re-imposition of increasingly harsh economic sanctions as an alternative to caving into Iranian demands.

The question is whether he is an active co-conspirator in this nefarious scheme or actually believes his own nonsense. I don't know which is worse.

you probably shouldn't call anyone else stupid.

I don't think either.

The better term is politically naive, as it is trying to apply a secular diplomatic solution to an Islamic theocracy hostile to the US and its allies.

Sure, if Iran was like Cuba or even pre-ISIS Syria, then you could get it to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

But Iran will only accept the US, and not develop nukes unless:
- The US forms a military alliance with Iran, and abandons Israel - in which case Iran wouldn't need to develop nukes.

Those are the terms of peace, so if Kerry thinks he has any way to achieve true peace with Iran, he is dreaming.

Forum List

Back