Is it wrong to use racial slurs on one's pets?

Originally posted by William Joyce
My dog (really, my wife's dog) is racist. She barks like mad at black people. I swear. I had NOTHING to do with it.

I hate to admit I had a dog that did the same thing. It was a little lasso apso. I had another dog who only barked at one person who was our chinese landlord - otherwise, the dog never made a sound unless he was crying get out/in :D

we had a great dane at a shop I worked at. He was a day watch dog and loved snickers candy bars which helped the profits as everyone had to feed him one. one afternoon a customer pulled up for gas and being a full service station the flunky pump boy went out to greet him and see what he would like. The dog[bear] went THROUGH window and attacked the customer. his only mis-giving was he was a black man. Now a very ripped up bleeding one. cost several thousand dollars to make things right with the customer, the dog became a local treasure.

Originally posted by Said1
I hate to admit I had a dog that did the same thing. It was a little lasso apso. I had another dog who only barked at one person who was our chinese landlord - otherwise, the dog never made a sound unless he was crying get out/in :D
It is well known to pro dog trainers that dogs default to the family they are with as their "standard" of acceptance. They will gauge by appearance, smell, etc. If a dog grows up with a black family, it will bark at anyone white, and vice versa.

I guess it can be likened to racists.

It shows this kind of illogical thinking IS subhuman.

The little dog we had was a stray. We thought it might have had abusive owners previously, who may have been "ethnic" looking. I guess you answered the question for us.

It shows this kind of illogical thinking IS subhuman.

Nah. Animals go by instinct, which is not based on logic, but pure experience and survival. We could take a hint.

so thats why a dog owned by a minority[non-white] wants to take a chunk out of my ass. Real good thinking there william. that pig dont fly.

I knew of two racist dogs....lived down the street from me when I was a kid.

Will and Joyce.

Forum List

Back