Is it wrong for Christian to preach at people who don't believe what they do?

Just quote her the verse where Jesus told them to move on when someone didn't want to hear the good news. Something about brushing the dust off of their sandals.

Then tell her that if you have any questions, you will ask her.

It wouldn't hurt to tell her that you are glad she found something that makes her happy and she is passionate about.

This is good advice, the dust from the sandals quote. I'll remember that.

Yeah, and the I'll ask you if I want to know. That's good. I do think that the ethics of this situation is that you can talk about weird subjects such as Christianity or how many people killed JFK or did man walk on the moon or your views about abortion or gun control IFIFIFIFIFIF someone ASKS you what you think. These forums are okay, for instance. But at Thanksgiving Dinner, just to start preaching on any of these topics? Oh, please, no.

She's not happy about this topic: she is deeply confused and worried. They have a blog, is how I know. Probably getting a lot of rejection. Few people approve of an 18-year-old telling them what to believe.

My granddaughter in early college has unfortunately taken up with some fundamentalist group that is running a camp where they teach these very young college students of about age 18 to run around and bend peoples' ears about Jesus and God and on and on at length.

It seems to me the height of arrogance for young people even to think they HAVE something to teach older people. And of course it's boring and incoherent because they aren't old enough to have any clue what they believe.

The worst part is that she knows I don't want to hear that stuff -- I've told her -- but they push her to "witness" to everyone, me included, apparently. It seems wrong to me: unmannerly and just immoral behavior to push one's own religious beliefs aggressively on someone else. Especially an older relative.

Yeah, I know I have to do an assertiveness thing and tell her to stop and mean it and keep saying it till she does, or whatever happens. My responsibility is not to allow bad behavior. But it's too bad these adults running this smarmy outfit are promoting such bad and unfashionable behavior. She'll get nothing but rejection, IMO. They make money off this: I don't know who funded her for this camp, but it wasn't me.

Any opinions on this "witnessing" business, or advice?
Just quote her the verse where Jesus told them to move on when someone didn't want to hear the good news. Something about brushing the dust off of their sandals.

Then tell her that if you have any questions, you will ask her.

It wouldn't hurt to tell her that you are glad she found something that makes her happy and she is passionate about.

What if she doesn't wear sandals? We don't even know if she lives near a beach. Why would there be sand?

I'm going to give you a bright side..........

:lmao:

Is she wearing orange?

Is she in an airport?

Is she playing a tambourine and the song has nothing to do with the Byrds?

Is her head shaved?

Is she singing Hare Krishna?

NO?

Feel fucking better buddy.

Yeeeeessssssssss.........you do have a point there. :20:

Reminds me of my husband's daughter who was briefly with the group you mentioned: their way of luring young people was to bus them down to wash an elephant.

True story. She got out of it, though.

I was just a young lass in LA after oh you are new and don't know me on the board but I had gone to LA Alice Cooper, just rock in roll, but I'm on this street one day and Manson's girls were out in front in full tilt cult.

Wanna talk cult? Whoa I'd never seen anything like it. I pray I never will again. It was a time.

No. You are alive. Your only defense against not being bothered is to die. You are not special.

I can't agree with that. Well, I agree I'm not special.

But I have and should have lots of defenses. (Just never thought I'd have to use them on a granddaughter, but that was probably naive.)

It's just so hard to move from being a high-trust American to what is required now in these awful days. We turned off our phone ringer (oh, the relief!!!! the spam calls and robocalls all gone!!) and just last month I realized I don't have to answer the doorbell! after all these years. Why should I answer the doorbell if it's going to be creepy Asphalt Driveway Man or a pair of FBI-dressed Mormons? Well, I shouldn't, especially since I have two good vantage points to look out and make sure it's not my neighbors (who are welcome, of course). I got an Ad Blocker for the computer. I'm limiting more and more contact with the predatory, and there are sure a lot of them. Religious predators are out there too, turns out.

Sounds like a cult.

I suspect that too. A fundamentalist Christian outfit of some kind. It's North Carolina.
Oh, they're some of the worst there.

I don't know whether to hit the funny icon or funny and agree ---- I'm from Tennessee myself, originally, so not prejudiced against the beautiful southern mountain states, but there is a certain Southern tendency.....................

My granddaughter in early college has unfortunately taken up with some fundamentalist group that is running a camp where they teach these very young college students of about age 18 to run around and bend peoples' ears about Jesus and God and on and on at length.

Kind of like the schools teaching these very young students to run around and bend peoples' ears about global warming and gun control, eh?

It seems to me the height of arrogance for young people even to think they HAVE something to teach older people. And of course it's boring and incoherent because they aren't old enough to have any clue what they believe.

I know just what you mean.

The worst part is that she knows I don't want to hear that stuff -- I've told her -- but they push her to "witness" to everyone, me included, apparently. It seems wrong to me: unmannerly and just immoral behavior to push one's own religious beliefs aggressively on someone else. Especially an older relative.

I feel the same way. That pencilnecked geek David Hogg and his bald girlfriend are so tres-annoying.

Yeah, I know I have to do an assertiveness thing and tell her to stop and mean it and keep saying it till she does, or whatever happens. My responsibility is not to allow bad behavior. But it's too bad these adults running this smarmy outfit are promoting such bad and unfashionable behavior.

Indeed. Perhaps we need to wrest public education form the clutches of the Left.

Shrug.

If they block the aisles in the supermarket, step on them.
You are drawing parallels that don't exist.

Sounds like a cult.

I suspect that too. A fundamentalist Christian outfit of some kind. It's North Carolina.
Oh, they're some of the worst there.

No fucking guff Bod. Best example. Going south with JimDandy number one Catahoula handsome dude looking for his Ruby Starr. Catahoula days at Hannity. I think you remember.

We roll into a restaurant. I swear. I just started humming Dixie to stay alive.

:lmao:

My daughter is totally blonde, I'm wearing a Bow Shop ball cap and thank heavens Rog is wearing Ducks Unlimited.

There are pockets. But not many thank heavens.

Yeah, I know I have to do an assertiveness thing and tell her to stop and mean it and keep saying it till she does, or whatever happens. My responsibility is not to allow bad behavior. But it's too bad these adults running this smarmy outfit are promoting such bad and unfashionable behavior. She'll get nothing but rejection, IMO. They make money off this: I don't know who funded her for this camp, but it wasn't me.

If you love the kid (and I'm sure you do) you need to shut that cultist crap down fast. Next thing you know she's gonna be locked into a group marriage with some 70 year old guy who rapes her occasionally after she works 16 hours a day and gives him all the proceeds.

Kind of like the schools teaching these very young students to run around and bend peoples' ears about global warming and gun control, eh?

I feel the same way. That pencilnecked geek David Hogg and his bald girlfriend are so tres-annoying.

Yeah, I know I have to do an assertiveness thing and tell her to stop and mean it and keep saying it till she does, or whatever happens. My responsibility is not to allow bad behavior. But it's too bad these adults running this smarmy outfit are promoting such bad and unfashionable behavior.

Indeed. Perhaps we need to wrest public education form the clutches of the Left.

Shrug.

Okay, I agree with pretty much everything you just said. :eusa_shifty:

And about the blocking the aisles in supermarkets.............I remember when some women in the black area took to wearing full burka (for about two years!! They stopped all that, though) and one showed up in my supermarket when I was there, and you could HEAR the people, mostly women, running to look at her (and I was one of them). Bizarre sight. Veil, whole deal. She looked annoyed, which was assertive. Doesn't surprise me they stopped that nonsense after awhile, if she was assertive enough to look annoyed. Hey, people learn. They figure it out. It usually takes me several decades, but some people are faster.

Sounds like a cult.

Do you have a name? There really are many of us who would help you. My Jehovah's were wonderful that came by. They were good. When I went further, I walked away but I go on faith,

CityProject of Summit Church, North Carolina.

Ok let me see what I can find.

Can I say something? When I found faith, I was full of it. Oh heavens I was full of it. So while I will look, please be ready what she wants to do is share, but its more like an imposition.

All of a sudden though I found faith. Before you knew it I thought myself speaking with Martin Luther at the Pool baby.

Yup tinydancer found faith and I was going to speak with Martin Luther

:lol:

because I believed.

You become so filled with the spirit...............wellllllllllllllllllllllllll........you go overboard.

If you love the kid (and I'm sure you do) you need to shut that cultist crap down fast. Next thing you know she's gonna be locked into a group marriage with some 70 year old guy who rapes her occasionally after she works 16 hours a day and gives him all the proceeds.

Oh, Crepitus, tears started, just a little. You shot straight thru to my deepest fear. Not even the prostitution worry (these thin, slight 18-year-old girls from North Carolina are doing WHAT in New York? Witnessing, in the ghetto??), but the problem that religious types are the worst sex offenders: the Catholic priests (really, I agree it is IS organized crime at this point!! I mean, how many continents before even I see it?), and the televangelists, and all those minister types who run off with the choir directors. And the minister I am thinking of was an Episcopalian, for Heaven's sake! And the other one earlier, a young assistant minister with SIX children, was at my church, Methodist. Forget them: the emotional religion ones, the fundamentalist types, the whole world knows are into sex, sex, sex, and remember the scandals? Jimmy Swaggart, New Orleans prostitutes.

Okay, I'm also worried these bad people telling her to buttonhole strangers and push her Christian stuff onto them, will sex her up. Seduce and destroy her. Hey, it happens all the time.

However, that's not in a sense my business, I mean, life -- it includes rotten-guy sex, though I may tell her some stories along those lines if our correspondence continues............I mean, these religious guys, you know? It's not just priests, it's Protestants, it's Buddhists, some big guy Hindu in the news for sex abuse only last month, etc. Hey, these "ministers" are going out to God knows where-all with a whole bunch of 18-year-old girls. Do you see why I'm concerned??

Yeah, I bet you do.

Last edited:
Sounds like a cult.

Do you have a name? There really are many of us who would help you. My Jehovah's were wonderful that came by. They were good. When I went further, I walked away but I go on faith,

Can I say something? When I found faith, I was full of it. Oh heavens I was full of it. So while I will look, please be ready what she wants to do is share, but its more like an imposition.

All of a sudden though I found faith. Before you knew it I thought myself speaking with Martin Luther at the Pool baby.

because I believed.

You become so filled with the spirit...............wellllllllllllllllllllllllll........you go overboard.

Yeah, you may be right, she may have suddenly "found faith" --- away from a protective home in the dorm for the first time, need to find something. I bet you are right; I'll bear that in mind. And be mild. Thanx.

Sounds like a cult.

because I believed.

Yeah, you may be right, she may have suddenly "found faith" --- away from a protective home in the dorm for the first time, need to find something. I bet you are right; I'll bear that in mind. And be mild. Thanx.

Hey I'm glad you are reaching out. This counts. It shows us you care right wrong or we can't believe what she's doing. You care. That means more to me than anything. Its a start.

Shrug.

You are drawing parallels that don't exist.

The parallels could not be more obvious. Progressivism has become a religion.

Forum List

Back