CDZ Is it time to retire the "funny" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong forum for your sniveling and whining. That goes in the Feedback Forum, Cleatus.

And the level of most postings aren't high, so the 'Funny' is entirely appropriate, especially if it annoys sniveling asshats.

I suppose you think the use of funny button is a concise and forceful expression. I find it to be a lazy response by someone to dumb or too poorly educated to write a rebuttal.
Ooooooor the poster sounds like a complete moron :rolleyes:

Indeed! So moronic, it's funny!

Nm about Stephanie, her profile's all incognito, guess that's a no-go. :(

The button should be relabeled, "Not really funny, but the only button that could possibly have a negative connotation."

But seriously, the "Funny, and agree" button is a awkward add-on.

Why not make a new button "Disagree" so you can just say it like it is. It is silly to beat around the bush with the "funny" button.

Better to add a Rebuttal button, and provide an opinion which is substantive and thought provoking.

The button should be relabeled, "Not really funny, but the only button that could possibly have a negative connotation."

Why not make a new button "Disagree" so you can just say it like it is. It is silly to beat around the bush with the "funny" button.

Better to add a Rebuttal button, and provide an opinion which is substantive and thought provoking.

OP is a victim of Dunning-Kruger effect.

Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.

I personally enjoy the funny button. I try to restrict it for use of that I genuinely think funny, but from time to time I drop it sarcastically.

You need a good laugh once in awhile, especially if you live in Canada

I agree, somethings are funny, and in those cases post a short message thanking the person's humor.

The "informative" button is should be replaced with a GBFY button....Get Bent and F Yourself button ........................ it would get a lot more usage, and the Icon would be really funny looking

Maybe you have an idea ... err that's not possible. I'm thinking a substitute button for someone like you, someone who lacks all substance and irradiates hate.

This thread is gay. It belongs in the rubber room.

Yes it does! flacaltenn , Dont Taz Me Bro

I have some things to say that cannot be in the CDZ, and the funny button just doesn't cut it.

I vote thread be moved to Badlands or Rubber Room!

(Because I know the FZ is off the table)

If moved to the FZ, I guarantee OP 50 STFUs

Last edited:
Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.
They SAID they were going to recognize overuse of the funny button as trolling. It's in a thread in the office somewhere. I remember Kat clarifying.

Maybe if you reported someone, it just wasn't enough funnies to be considered trolling? It also doesn't apply downstairs.

Trust me, they are not recognizing it as trolling. They are ONLY recognizing it if they funny you in multiple threads more than 6 times in each thread over a 24 hour period.

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.
They SAID they were going to recognize overuse of the funny button as trolling. It's in a thread in the office somewhere. I remember Kat clarifying.

Maybe if you reported someone, it just wasn't enough funnies to be considered trolling? It also doesn't apply downstairs.

Trust me, they are not recognizing it as trolling. They are ONLY recognizing it if they funny you in multiple threads more than 6 times in each thread over a 24 hour period.
Oh really? :eusa_eh:

Oh really? :eusa_eh:

Trust me. Yes.

Or allow the 'STFU' button that's only available in the FZ on all of the board.
Not everyone cusses like a pirate. A "disagree" button would be better.

Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.

Lack of substance and thought is where USMess shines.

What you and ESPECIALLY lew need to realize is, there is a difference between hitting a button to troll and hitting a button to show rhe poster how stupid their post was.
When, if ever, are you going to learn that not everyone who has a different opinion is stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back