CDZ Is it time to retire the "funny" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.

I personally enjoy the funny button. I try to restrict it for use of that I genuinely think funny, but from time to time I drop it sarcastically.

You need a good laugh once in awhile, especially if you live in Canada

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.
They SAID they were going to recognize overuse of the funny button as trolling. It's in a thread in the office somewhere. I remember Kat clarifying.

Maybe if you reported someone, it just wasn't enough funnies to be considered trolling? It also doesn't apply downstairs.
What you and ESPECIALLY lew need to realize is, there is a difference between hitting a button to troll and hitting a button to show rhe poster how stupid their post was.

I don't understand... I will admit I get poked out of shape sometimes, but to take this as serious as this Allie and Stephanie apparently did is just down right confusing to me... None of you and I repeat none of you buy my groceries, pay my bills or sleep next to me... Why would you let some peckerhead get under your skin way out there in cyber space...
IMO it is just something to cry about to seek attention and get someone to feel sorry for you... I remember the indian princess, Lakhota use to bombard me with funnies... She soon found out I didn't give a shit and she stopped... Simple solutions for simple people...

Last edited:
This is funny...:21:

From the OP...
  • clear.png
    Funny x 13
  • List

I don't understand... I will admit I get poked out of shape sometimes, but to take this as serious as this Allie and Stephanie apparently did is just down right confusing to me... None of you and I repeat none of you buy my groceries, pay my bills or sleep next to me... Why would you let some peckerhead get under your skin way out there in cyber space...
IMO it is just something to cry about to seek attention and get someone to feel sorry for you... I remember the indian princess, Lakhota use to bombard me with funnies... She soon found out I didn't give a shit and she stopped... Simple solutions for simple people...

rjoc8.jpg

Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.

You've just grabbed the 3rd rail of USMB. Enjoy the ride.. LOL.

diy-electric_shock-electricity-shock-shocking-foolish-bgr0161_low.jpg

People who can't use words --- NEED a button to harass. That's all i'm gonna say...

Sometimes the opinions of others are so insipid, worthless, and vexing that hitting the funny button is the only appropriate response.

I agree. I think that's two of us on this board, though.

The other thing is, I laugh at stuff here that is FUNNY all the time. I appreciate humor here. I rarely use it for snark, and if I do, I follow up with why I disagree.
On a conservative thread, though, we are going to get a lot of funnies. You might as well look at the bright side--it raises your ratings count.

^Reason for neg rep.

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.

Stop channeling FCT. :ack-1::aargh:

Did you copy that from his thread, or what? :eek:

Last edited:
The "informative" button is should be replaced with a GBFY button....Get Bent and F Yourself button ........................ it would get a lot more usage, and the Icon would be really funny looking

Apparently you remember stephanies thread. She almost got 30! :lol:

No I don't believe I ever had the pleasure of sharing my political philosophy with Ms. Stephanie...
Noooo lol she started a thread complaining about the funny button. Kinda like this one but worse. stephanie acted like her soul was being devoured by the arch angel.
she got almost 30 funnies from that whine fest LOL

No I don't believe I ever had the pleasure of sharing my political philosophy with Ms. Stephanie...
Noooo lol she started a thread complaining about the funny button. Kinda like this one but worse. stephanie acted like her soul was being devoured by the arch angel.

Linky-Loo? :rolleyes:

I tried to find it but i cant search by her name. Idk if i cant remember exactly the way it was spelled or her account got deleted..
You my bro, but 5 minutes is all you got! Lol

I tried to find it but i cant search by her name. Idk if i cant remember exactly the way it was spelled or her account got deleted..
You my bro, but 5 minutes is all you got! Lol

Some accounts are just wiped, I can't find any of the latest Guno iteration's posts anywhere. Dammit! They were good for a laugh, so over-the-top!

Wrong forum for your sniveling and whining. That goes in the Feedback Forum, Cleatus.

And the level of most postings aren't high, so the 'Funny' is entirely appropriate, especially if it annoys sniveling asshats.

I suppose you think the use of funny button is a concise and forceful expression. I find it to be a lazy response by someone to dumb or too poorly educated to write a rebuttal.

Wrong forum for your sniveling and whining. That goes in the Feedback Forum, Cleatus.

And the level of most postings aren't high, so the 'Funny' is entirely appropriate, especially if it annoys sniveling asshats.

I suppose you think the use of funny button is a concise and forceful expression. I find it to be a lazy response by someone to dumb or too poorly educated to write a rebuttal.
Ooooooor the poster sounds like a complete moron :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back