CDZ Is it time to retire the "funny" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.

Considering you are one of the funniest posters in the politics forum, i assumed you enjoyed being recognized for your brilliance

Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.
I agree. I think that's two of us on this board, though.

The other thing is, I laugh at stuff here that is FUNNY all the time. I appreciate humor here. I rarely use it for snark, and if I do, I follow up with why I disagree.
On a conservative thread, though, we are going to get a lot of funnies. You might as well look at the bright side--it raises your ratings count.

Get rid of ‘buttons’ altogether.

Never!

main-qimg-3c722099402649ac2954ec5c9ea6b745-c

Wrong forum for your sniveling and whining. That goes in the Feedback Forum, Cleatus.

And the level of most postings aren't high, so the 'Funny' is entirely appropriate, especially if it annoys sniveling asshats.

The button should be relabeled, "Not really funny, but the only button that could possibly have a negative connotation."

But seriously, the "Funny, and agree" button is a awkward add-on.

Why not make a new button "Disagree" so you can just say it like it is. It is silly to beat around the bush with the "funny" button.

Well...you know we're not supposed to use it "too" much because it hurts people's feelings.
Evidently the old "reputation" hurt too many people's feelings, and there wasn't any safe spaces for all the little snowflakes so they did away with it and gave us these little buttons. Now it appears the buttons are too much to take also. Poor little hyper sensitive snowflakes.

Just quit whining and enjoy that funny button. Lol

The button should be relabeled, "Not really funny, but the only button that could possibly have a negative connotation."

But seriously, the "Funny, and agree" button is a awkward add-on.

Why not make a new button "Disagree" so you can just say it like it is. It is silly to beat around the bush with the "funny" button.
Or allow the 'STFU' button that's only available in the FZ on all of the board.

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.

Wrong forum for your sniveling and whining. That goes in the Feedback Forum, Cleatus.

And the level of most postings aren't high, so the 'Funny' is entirely appropriate, especially if it annoys sniveling asshats.
People like you are the problem.

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.
They SAID they were going to recognize overuse of the funny button as trolling. It's in a thread in the office somewhere. I remember Kat clarifying.

Maybe if you reported someone, it just wasn't enough funnies to be considered trolling? It also doesn't apply downstairs.

Well...you know we're not supposed to use it "too" much because it hurts people's feelings.
Evidently the old "reputation" hurt too many people's feelings, and there wasn't any safe spaces for all the little snowflakes so they did away with it and gave us these little buttons. Now it appears the buttons are too much to take also. Poor little hyper sensitive snowflakes.
Exactly....remembering Allie and how hurt she was....and Stephanie....running away from the laughter.

That sounds like someone justifying bullying. js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back