Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

Should've never been illegal.

I graduated high school in '03, and marijuana was 100 times easier to get than alcohol. So all these old bags who say "Nooooooo don't legalize it, think of the children, THE CHILDREN!!!" just aren't in touch whatsoever with reality. Hell I bet coke was easier to get than alcohol (I've never done coke or weed.

Big gov't programs, gang bangers, thugs, terrorists, druglords, all absolutely love the drug war.

The thing hurt by the drug war the most, americans and the american economy.

I know what side I'm on.

I'm not sure. Do you advocate legalizing all drugs? I don't.

I support the decriminalization of MJ for reasons outlined above.

The market has already controlled Crack Cocaine and the cocaine trade - simply because too many people suffered the consequences of cocaine abuse - addiction and depression and the loss of jobs, family and self respect.

Meth is a serious problem, and one with too many health & social ramifications to detail here. It is one of the most dangerous drugs in popular use.

Following meth are the drugs marketed on TV by big Pharma. Got a problem, see your doctor and get a pill. Nice message and one reason why the market isn't the best solution as some suppose.

Narcotics, heroin, and other opiate derivatives are the least harmful which may surprise many. The major complication with heroin, et al - besides their addictive quality - is constipation.

Unlike some I don't have all the answers, though I spent over 30 years as a LEO. I do believe the decriminalization of MJ will produce many benefits.

Last edited:
legalizing pot will have ZERO effect on tobacco and alcohol use.

Proof? Evidence?

Show me a study that says pot legalization will lower alcohol or tobacco use.

Well, there's the self-study of kiwiman127 conducted from 1992-present. Based on my studies, when pot wasn't available, respondents drank more booze than normal and those who smoked tobacco, smoked more tobacco as their faces weren't attached to their bong in their time of need to smoke something.
This study has been notarized and documented by GotPapers?.com

I graduated high school in '03, and marijuana was 100 times easier to get than alcohol. So all these old bags who say "Nooooooo don't legalize it, think of the children, THE CHILDREN!!!" just aren't in touch whatsoever with reality. Hell I bet coke was easier to get than alcohol (I've never done coke or weed.

Big gov't programs, gang bangers, thugs, terrorists, druglords, all absolutely love the drug war.

I know what side I'm on.

Why do you think increasing drug abuse in this country is a good idea?

I would suggest reading my post before responding to it, i'll try again.

I know what side I'm on.

I'm not sure. Do you advocate legalizing all drugs? I don't.

I support the decriminalization of MJ for reasons outlined above.

The market has already controlled Crack Cocaine and the cocaine trade - simply because too many people suffered the consequences of cocaine abuse - addiction and depression and the loss of jobs, family and self respect.

Meth is a serious problem, and one with too many health & social ramifications to detail here. It is one of the most dangerous drugs in popular use.

Following meth are the drugs marketed on TV by big Pharma. Got a problem, see your doctor and get a pill. Nice message and one reason why the market isn't the best solution as some suppose.

Narcotics, heroin, and other opiate derivatives are the least harmful which may surprise many. The major complication with heroin, et al - besides their addictive quality - is constipation.

Unlike some I don't have all the answers, though I spent over 30 years as a LEO. I do believe the decriminalization of MJ will produce many benefits.

Yes i do know what side I'm on. The opposite of Obama's, the side that wants to increase the Drug War to new, never before seen heights.

Yep the drugs are dangerous, hence why I'd rather have a store owner checking someone's ID rather than a drug dealer selling stuff to kids.

As a side note I'd like to tell everyone that I support government's right to control what plants grow on your property, and what's in the air you're breathing in while in the privacy of your own home. I'm also a small gov't conservative.

Now that makes perfect sense everyone, right?

I know what side I'm on.

Why do you think increasing drug abuse in this country is a good idea?
Aren't you asking the wrong people?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX145Tu4MHY]Best Beer Ad Ever - Thirsty For Beer HD - YouTube[/ame]​

'The Powers That Be' have been pumping 'Reefer Madness' into the minds of the sheeple for over 70 years.

That kind of brainwashing is going to be difficult to overcome...

Yes. Your government is quite good at conning it's people.
That is why they have allowed your education system to deteriorate. Much easier to con dummies than people who can actually think.

The U S has taken social manipulation through deceit to a fine art.

Regards
DL

You can't even grow a damn weed in this country. You talk about guvmint in your lives.
If you have a little piece of ground and you partake, for little effort you could grow your own. Thereby having money you would have bought pot with, to spend elsewhere in the economy. That could be a bunch of money.

How upset would the cartel drug dealers be if pot were legal.
How much money do cartel leaders spend on lobbyists making sure pot is not legalized?

Piss off a cartel leader, legalize pot.

Bumper sticker material. Except in Mexico, where they shoot you for that shit.
And that is another thing legalizing pot does. Reduce violence across the border.

We have our heads up our ass on this. It is a no brainer. Legalize the use of pot under the exact same restrictions as alcohol. Tax the sale for general revenue, just like alcohol.

I want to be the guy that invents spot check MJ use. I'll be RICH.

If we have problems with substance abuse why would anyone want to make that worse?

We don't. What we have is a problem with the nanny state micromanaging our lives. They (that would be you and those with simular beliefs) believes it has the right to tell it's citizens what recreational drugs they can or cannot use. Making it legal will not make the situation worse.

Because it is a wastefull and stupid to keep putting marijuana smokers in jail.

Because it is stupid to keep hemp farming illegal.

Prohibition doesn't work. We have millions of folks sitting in jails for nonviiolent drug offenses. It's silly. Drug abuse is a medical problem, not a criminal one. We also have a far bigger problem with prescription drugs than we do with say, Mary Jane. Which is by and large completely harmless compared to deadly prescription drugs.

At any rate, legalizing p*t is bad for the DEA. in order to get that big budget, they need to rate the plant as a narcotic along side coke and heron. Otherwise their budget and big deal largely goes away. As it turns out, the govt. seems to like having the insider on dealing the droogs in the states for profit too. CIA already been caught red handed everal times on that front.

This and have you noted that when DEA has a Mexican lord on the ropes, your state department pulls them off.

Who controls pot sales in the U S?

The U S government.

Regards
DL

Question: would any parent here want their child driven to school on a bus with a driver that was smoking pot 10 minutes before getting behind the wheel?

Do not be a fool. No one will say yes.

What would you prefer?
A man who is drunk or a man who is high behind that same wheel?

What would you like coming at you in that bus?
A drunk doing 80 who thinks he is doing 60 or a pot smoker doing 40 who thinks he is doing 60?

That is a much faire question than yours.

What is your answer?

Regards
DL

Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?
I'm a bigger fan of increasing accurate education....and, allowing people whatever vice they choose.​

Yes. I too prefer a population using intelligent use of freedom of choice.
Governments are supposed to teach us to lead ourselves. Not put in systems where we are just sheeople doing what we are told without being told why we should be doing it.

Imagine that. An honest government with an intelligent and well educated population.
Will the U S get there?

Not from the road they are on IMPOV.

Regards
DL

People assume that pot will lower the rates of death for tobacco and alcohol users because some will switch their vice from smokes or booze to weed, thats an awful lot of assuming.

For the present generation, you are likely right. For the future one?
No.

I think that if given the option, they will make the wiser decisions that we have not been allowed to make.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back