Is it forbidden to invite forum members to Zoom or JitsiMeet meetings?

1651528489441.png

Virtual...... Hey! What an idea. A forum where you can be a virtual fighter down in the podcast and bull pit areas.

I want my 10% for the idea.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

1651542787092.png

Just think about it... Two or more posters have a disagreement they go down to the Kung Fu pit sign up for their virtual combat avatar and duke it out for points.

The contestants could even agree to a ban of a certain length if they lose.

No assault, no battery, no broken bones, or blood... WIN!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I understand privacy concerns. No video -- just audio.

Are you SELLING anything? Or just want to meet/greet? If you're gonna talk about ME -- that's just not allowed. :laugh:

I've been to a couple "in person" message board get-togethers. Went surprisingly well, but there was a common thread because everyone was from the same home town (the board was sponsored by the local paper). And mostly we talked about growing up on a Florida beach.

Same deal in Hillbilly Hollywood, where I've gone bar-hopping downtown with two USMB members that live in the area.

Without that kind of bond to keep the violence to a minimum --- it COULD be a very short phone conference. LOL..,

IMO - personally -- I recommend that everyone be REAL CAREFUL what they volunteer about their personal indenties. And if you DO contact people on USMB about having a chatfest - do the invites in PM and set a couple rules.

DO NOT SOLICIT email addresses or phone numbers from USMB for sending them the conference log-in links and information.

My prime concern is protecting the anonymity of the members the same way that WE try to protect it on Mod Staff.

Coyote Should we tell them about the monthly staff Gossip Group calls? Where we moderate while we're on headsets and taking shots each time someone reads a thread in the Reports Forum?

I'm not saying DO it. It;s good the member asked us for an opinion. But we really cant prevent random hook-ups between members. Assuming they are of legal age.. :lmao:

No. The cybeconferencing tool is Here.

You said telecom ONLY correct? I'd advise ANY member NOT to hook-up with full teleconferencing (video, desktop sharing, ect) with others they have not known for a LONG time. The "meeting initiator" has access to desktop sharing switches, remote controls and you can never make sure on something like Jitsy that you have denied them all the privileges.

You said telecom ONLY correct? I'd advise ANY member NOT to hook-up with full teleconferencing (video, desktop sharing, ect) with others they have not known for a LONG time. The "meeting initiator" has access to desktop sharing switches, remote controls and you can never make sure on something like Jitsy that you have denied them all the privileges.
Agree 100%. I would never show my face or my private information to any online stranger.

Many people hate me!

Are you SELLING anything? Or just want to meet/greet? If you're gonna talk about ME -- that's just not allowed. :laugh:

I've been to a couple "in person" message board get-togethers. Went surprisingly well, but there was a common thread because everyone was from the same home town (the board was sponsored by the local paper). And mostly we talked about growing up on a Florida beach.

Same deal in Hillbilly Hollywood, where I've gone bar-hopping downtown with two USMB members that live in the area.

Without that kind of bond to keep the violence to a minimum --- it COULD be a very short phone conference. LOL..,

IMO - personally -- I recommend that everyone be REAL CAREFUL what they volunteer about their personal indenties. And if you DO contact people on USMB about having a chatfest - do the invites in PM and set a couple rules.

DO NOT SOLICIT email addresses or phone numbers from USMB for sending them the conference log-in links and information.
Thank you very much!

I am just looking for people to talk to by audio chat. I would never show my face or my identity.

I could be easily doxxed, but I hope I am not that famous.

My prime concern is protecting the anonymity of the members the same way that WE try to protect it on Mod Staff.
Thank you. I will talk only using my voice -- I hope no one shows their face.

My voice is Here.

Forum List

Back