Is it enough?

Supporting the mass Murder of Muslims is no different than all the Muslims who support the mass murder of infidels.

The best way to prove our culture is better is to NOT be like the worst of them.

Supporting the mass Murder of Muslims is no different than all the Muslims who support the mass murder of infidels.

The best way to prove our culture is better is to NOT be like the worst of them.
Not supporting murder of any kind. I'm speaking as a defender.

You would literally need a one-shot-stop to end that threat. FIBSA or FIBS factor isn't going to deter this type the way it might end a threat from a typical criminal.

Ignorant nonsense.

One ‘culture’ is not ‘better’ than another.

It’s this sort of arrogant, jingoistic idiocy that foments the kind of hatred and terrorism that occurred in New Zealand.

I prefer AR/AK derivatives to be effectively banned. Handguns are already effectively banned.

New Zealand shooting: Man hailed as hero for attacking mosque gunman, chasing him away
And to think he had a no stack.

He did get a hold of one of the shooters discarded weapons. It was empty...but if you watched the livestream (which I highly recommend you do not), the shooter was often confused as to the rounds he had remaining.

After watching the New Zealand live stream...I'm not so sure a 7 +1 single stack compact 9mm is enough defensive firearm against this type of attack.

Your thoughts?

Probably not, but i can't watch crap like that. :puke3:

You know what I'd probably be good with? A high-cap Ruger .22 target. I have very good reaction time, better than most.

All I'll ever be carrying AFAIK is 5 rounds. I am confident with my pistol now though. Yeah, it's not even a carry pistol. Maybe if you're a cop in 1978 it would be.

After watching the New Zealand live stream...I'm not so sure a 7 +1 single stack compact 9mm is enough defensive firearm against this type of attack.

Your thoughts?

Probably not, but i can't watch crap like that. :puke3:

You know what I'd probably be good with? A high-cap Ruger .22 target. I have very good reaction time, better than most.

Yeah...wish I wouldn't have. It was on youtube. There's one part as he leaves the first Mosque that will likely haunt me the rest of my life.

I can tell you though, if anyone was armed and had the slightest bit of training, they could have stopped him almost immediately. He starts the shooting outside with a 12 gauge shotgun and empties it. It is a long time (respectively) between that and when he enters the main room...which is down a long hallway.

Now, this is all monday morning quarterbacking...but that is the advantage of watching the video and submitting it to examination. From this day forward, when I hear shots fired, it's not time to question what's going on...it's time to go to Defcon One immediately.

I used to think so. Now, I'm thinking like C_Clayton_Jones , higher capacity, larger caliber.

I've got my eye on a 40 S&W 10+1. But, I've been reading quite a bit, and may just move to a 147 grain JHP +p from Federal. My current EDC is +p rated.

I used to think so. Now, I'm thinking like C_Clayton_Jones , higher capacity, larger caliber.

I've got my eye on a 40 S&W 10+1. But, I've been reading quite a bit, and may just move to a 147 grain JHP +p from Federal. My current EDC is +p rated.

I am just not cool with carrying a chambered automatic.

Informative ammunition guide.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP

I am just not cool with carrying a chambered automatic.

I wasn't for a long time...at least a non-single action. But, I found a semi-auto with a grip safety I feel comfortable with. Lots of folks don't dig them, but I started out with one in the Army.

Forum List

Back