Is it commonplace for doctors to dismiss all patients from their practice who aren’t vaxxed?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
This doesn’t affect me personally, since I am vaxxed, but my doctor told me she told all her patients who have not been vaccinated that she will no longer accept them into her practice and that they need to find a new doctor. I’m just wondering if any posters here have run into this, and what your opinion is.

Last edited:
This doesn’t affect me personally, since I am vaxxed, but my doctor told me she told all her patients who have not be vaccinated that she will no longer accept them into her practicemane that they need to find a new doctor. I’m just wondering if any posters here have run into this, and what your opinion is.
nope

Good idea. Why care for a patient that does the opposite of your advisement?
I've done that my entire life. Most people don't take their meds correctly all year round for millennium. They are use to it. Stop smoking, nope, stop drinking, nope. all kinds of shit people don't follow advice about. Don't eat red meat, eat red meat, don't eat bread, eat bread, don't eat eggs, don't eat eggs. Dude, you fking got nothing. Any doctor making such a claim should be put out of business. Healthcare is healthcare, there is no agreement to do what they say. Please post it for me.

I've done that my entire life. Most people don't take their meds correctly all year round for millennium. They are use to it. Stop smoking, nope, stop drinking, nope. all kinds of shit people don't follow advice about. Don't eat red meat, eat red meat, don't eat bread, eat bread, don't eat eggs, don't eat eggs. Dude, you fking got nothing. Any doctor making such a claim should be put out of business. Healthcare is healthcare, there is no agreement to do what they say. Please post it for me.

Why should a doctor be forced to see a patient that ignores them? That is fucking stupid. Why go to a doctor if you are going to ignore them?

This doesn’t affect me personally, since I am vaxxed, but my doctor told me she told all her patients who have not been vaccinated that she will no longer accept them into her practice and that they need to find a new doctor. I’m just wondering if any posters here have run into this, and what your opinion is.

I have known doctors that would tell patients that refused to follow their medical advise they needed to find a new doctor, just seems common sense to me.

This doesn’t affect me personally, since I am vaxxed, but my doctor told me she told all her patients who have not be vaccinated that she will no longer accept them into her practicemane that they need to find a new doctor. I’m just wondering if any posters here have run into this, and what your opinion is.
As someone who has many family members who are doctors themselves I fully support their choice to protect themselves and their workers from the unvaccinated.

I am not a doctor. My personal opinion if people will flaunt medical advice thus putting themselves and others at risk - fuck em. But that’s why I am not a doctor.

As someone who has many family members who are doctors themselves I fully support their choice to protect themselves and their workers from the unvaccinated.
what is it unvaccinated carry that a vaccinated does not? tell me.

Are you suggesting a vaccine cures colds? coronavirus? hahahahahahahahhaaha if they believe that, then they should stop practicing. viruses mutate, and will always mutate.

My doctor refuses to allow a "vaccinated" person into his office.

I applaud him.

And before the whiners start, he is not hurting for clients.

In moderation, red meat, bread, eggs (which no doctor recommends against) will not kill you. Smoking is kind of a given but that will still take a long time to kill you. And none of these outside of second hand smoke (which you wouldn't be allowed to smoke in an office anyway) are transmissible by air through the simple act of exhalation. The vaccine has been proven to protect against the severe effects of COVID. It is safe and readily available. If I were a doctor, I wouldn't want anyone unvaccinated in my office either, especially with how easily omicron seems to spread.

what is it unvaccinated carry that a vaccinated does not? tell me.

Are you suggesting a vaccine cures colds? coronavirus? hahahahahahahahhaaha if they believe that, then they should stop practicing. viruses mutate, and will always mutate.
And will always mutate to a less virulent form. It's called survival. Killing your host makes survival a little difficult.

That seems to be a violation of the oath she took..

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not", nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

The words "Hypocratic oath" come to mind...

Forum List

Back