is it appropriate for obama to call the police stupid?

And how is that? Is there some sort of Harvard book or rule that states what to do in a situation like this?

One generally figures that people who are both capable of and have been hired to teach young adults would have some degree of patience and the ability to comport themselves in a professional manner.

Harvard is a good school, right? And they have fairly high standards? Then as an employee of that school, he represents Harvard in everything he does, whether he's on the clock or not. That may not be right and it may not be fair but no one ever guaranteed that life would be either of those things. Many people have to deal with being a walking, talking representative of their job/employer - for instance, cops, preachers, judges, teachers, etc. - he is no different.

And how is that? Is there some sort of Harvard book or rule that states what to do in a situation like this?

One generally figures that people who are both capable of and have been hired to teach young adults would have some degree of patience and the ability to comport themselves in a professional manner.

Harvard is a good school, right? And they have fairly high standards? Then as an employee of that school, he represents Harvard in everything he does, whether he's on the clock or not. That may not be right and it may not be fair but no one ever guaranteed that life would be either of those things. Many people have to deal with being a walking, talking representative of their job/employer - for instance, cops, preachers, judges, teachers, etc. - he is no different.

People, whether they attend Harvard, Princeton or any damn school get frustrated, its a normal human emotion, its the actions you take when frustrated that matters, unfortunately if you're black or whatever color in certain circumstances you have to be extra careful how you react.

People, whether they attend Harvard, Princeton or any damn school get frustrated, its a normal human emotion, its the actions you take when frustrated that matters, unfortunately if you're black or whatever color in certain circumstances you have to be extra careful how you react.

I agree.

For instance, the (white) cop probably had to be extra careful how he handled the frustrating situation he was in as well.

They each had the responsibility to act as rational adults. Whether or not they each succeeded in that endeavor is the debate.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You fucking idiot, I knew what he said and he didn't call anyone stupid...just like I said and backed up by your quote. Are you always dishonest by changing people's words to fit your meaning? He said he "acted" stupidly. See the difference? He didn't say the cop was stupid, you nitwit.

Ya cause claiming the police acted stupidly is not saying the arresting officer acted stupidly. Good god, did you get past 4th grade?

Hello, yes he said the arresting officer acted stupidly. Not that the arresting officer was S-T-U-P-I-D! Really? I mean really, are you that stupid?

Un fucking believable. keep playing your ignorant semantics, they do not work and just prove what a dumb fucking moron you really are.

Obama was dead wrong on this one. He didn't know all the facts and then called the police stupid. They were doing their job. The Professor became abusive and he was arrested. Obama blew it.

After reading the police report, there is no reason for the Sgt. to apologize. If anything, Gates should be the one apologizing. There were adequate witnesses there.

I have also been called a racist for doing my job. It gets old...

Forum List

Back