is it appropriate for obama to call the police stupid?

Might want to pull your head out of your ass and actually read the story.

Here is the quote taken out of the sentence, since I know if I quote it all you are likely to MISS it, being so stupid.

Obama: Cambridge police acted 'stupidly' in Gates arrest - National Politics Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Now how about you deflect some more and tell us some more outright lies?

You fucking idiot, I knew what he said and he didn't call anyone stupid...just like I said and backed up by your quote. Are you always dishonest by changing people's words to fit your meaning? He said he "acted" stupidly. See the difference? He didn't say the cop was stupid, you nitwit.

Ya cause claiming the police acted stupidly is not saying the arresting officer acted stupidly. Good god, did you get past 4th grade?

Hello, yes he said the arresting officer acted stupidly. Not that the arresting officer was S-T-U-P-I-D! Really? I mean really, are you that stupid?

You fucking idiot, I knew what he said and he didn't call anyone stupid...just like I said and backed up by your quote. Are you always dishonest by changing people's words to fit your meaning? He said he "acted" stupidly. See the difference? He didn't say the cop was stupid, you nitwit.

Ya cause claiming the police acted stupidly is not saying the arresting officer acted stupidly. Good god, did you get past 4th grade?

Hello, yes he said the arresting officer acted stupidly. Not that the arresting officer was S-T-U-P-I-D! Really? I mean really, are you that stupid?
RGS not only acts stupid. He is stupid.

Could the fact that most of us are believing the cop's version over Gate's version not indicate a little bias of our own?

No. Not when the officer's version is consistent with that of eleven eye witnesses.
Are there really 11 eye witnesses?

I believe that Gates probably did call the cop a racist because it fits in with my theory that the cop lost it when he was called racist when in fact he showed no indication of being a racist.

I also think Gates was likely to have called him racist out of anger because of the following stereotypes I hold :

1) People getting off 20 hour flights are cranky.

2) Middle aged men recently divorced are often very cranky.

3) Black people sometimes see racism where it does not exist.

4) Famous people sometimes think they deserve to be kow towed to.

If my stereotypes are true concerning Gates that's makes him an ass but no danger to society. His arrest was a waste of tax payer money.

Does your back hurt from bending over backwards trying to defend this hack professor? This asshole wanted to be arrested, he is just like his asshole friend Barry, severe chip on his shoulder. No matter how much education or money, some people just can't let the anger inside go. I know men and women that are just like this dick head, he should be fired for making Harvard look so bad.

The photo proves gates was outside his home, not in his home.
The photo shows him already cuffed a foot or so away from his door and not anywhere near the police officer's car. He was arrested on bogus charges to satisfy the bruised ego of a cop.

Ok, which side of the door was Gates on? The outside or the inside? You do know the report states the officer went back into the residence after arresting Gates to retrieve Gates' cane. Also that Gates was initially handcuffed with his hands behind his back. If you would be so kind as to direct me to the testimony that indicates Gates was arrested inside his residence, then I will undoubtedly stand corrected.

The white woman knows the Bass is a fucking retard.

Let's elucidate on my experience and then tell me your experience is worse:

Pregnant, with an infant in tow, with a 16 y.o. boy the idiot bf tried (unsucessfully) to clobber, who calls the police...from the home owned by her sister....after said asshole throws the car keys onto the railroad tracks...and the cop tells her she's hysterical (after bf states he's hiding the keys to the car owned by her and admits he doesn't live in the home)...and the cops tell her to leave home and get a room..

Tell me your poor black ass has it worse.

How many white women have been beaten, harrassed and killed by police unfairly due to discrimination? Nuff said!

Obama: Cambridge police acted 'stupidly' in Gates arrest - National Politics Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

President Obama addressed he arrest of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his Cambridge home during his news conference tonight, saying that "anyone would be angry" and "the Cambridge police acted stupidly."

Obama prefaced his reply by saying that "I might be a little biased here" because "Skip Gates" is a friend, and by acknowledging that "I don't know all the facts."

don't let that stop you, mr president.

Do you think the Cambridge Police Department's actions (they allowed a man to be booked and later dropped charges) were stupid? Whatw as the original charges---the justification for takin a man in handcuffs and booking him?

note: I was illegally taken into custody by the LBPD and have reports to prove it.

I'm here to tell you, white people are treated like shits by the pigs quite frequently.

White woman, who called the cops many times to arrest her abusive boyfriend, told to leave her home (owned by her sister, btw) because they refused to arrest the pig, reporting here.

yeah, blacks have it bad, no doubt. But no worse than any white woman who has an abusive husband. Cops are typically pigs.

Which is why I'm my own defense, these days.

You are a racist just for making the claim that a woman reporting a possible break in of a home cared that the two doing the break in were black.

No, that isn't racist you damn crybaby, the woman who reported did say two black men, stop being an idiot pretending as if everything is conincidental. Any white woman that reports anything about a black man doing something criminal knows the police will be right up on it fast, but this is backfiring with the recent cry wolf cases that have happened. At any rate Gates lives in the area and that woman should have known to think first before calling and saying two black men, especially when a black man lives in said house. A black man living in a rich white neighborhood stands out and people in these types of setting usually knows their neighbors.

There is no evidence that was even a factor you racist dipshit. Nor is there a shred of evidence the cop was racist at all. he arrested the turd for harassment , for being disorderly in public and no Allie he did not ask the man to follow him to his car you liar.

Are you hard of hearing and reading you imbecile? The Bass said the cop might not have been racist but the woman who called it in was racist in the Bass' opinion. The arrest was not warranted at any rate, Gates was only asking the officer for his badge number, had gates used some kind of physical force then an arrest would have been warranted, but words? most cops put up with worse verbal "abuse" than that.

You are a racist just for making the claim that a woman reporting a possible break in of a home cared that the two doing the break in were black.

No, that isn't racist you damn crybaby, the woman who reported did say two black men, stop being an idiot pretending as if everything is conincidental. Any white woman that reports anything about a black man doing something criminal knows the police will be right up on it fast, but this is backfiring with the recent cry wolf cases that have happened. At any rate Gates lives in the area and that woman should have known to think first before calling and saying two black men, especially when a black man lives in said house. A black man living in a rich white neighborhood stands out and people in these types of setting usually knows their neighbors.

There is no evidence that was even a factor you racist dipshit. Nor is there a shred of evidence the cop was racist at all. he arrested the turd for harassment , for being disorderly in public and no Allie he did not ask the man to follow him to his car you liar.

Are you hard of hearing and reading you imbecile? The Bass said the cop might not have been racist but the woman who called it in was racist in the Bass' opinion. The arrest was not warranted at any rate, Gates was only asking the officer for his badge number, had gates used some kind of physical force then an arrest would have been warranted, but words? most cops put up with worse verbal "abuse" than that.

so to solve this problem in the us of KKKA all white women should stop reporting any activities by black gentlemen??? doyathink??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

RGS's dumb logic in a nutshell:

Black people overreact and cry racism when there is no racism and in situations like these we white people are the real victims for doing what we believe is right.

The thing about RGS's dumb logic is that he speaks from the POV of those who have not been regularly harassed by the police and or mistreated, if he lived amongst those of us who have experienced such actions of course his POV would be different. If a white man was doing the same thing the Bass seriously doubts that that woman would have called the cops.

white folks should just segregate themselves from black people in order not to be called racists in the US of KKKA right? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

so to solve this problem in the us of KKKA all white women should stop reporting any activities by black gentlemen??? doyathink??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, don't put words in the Bass' mouth, these lying white women are not doing those with legitimate complaints any good at all by crying wolf about the bad black boogeyman.

From what I've read of the story, it is inconclusive exactly what happened. But given the credentials and record of the officer involved, the opinion of his supervisors, and the fact that Mr. Gates is obviously ready to accuse anybody and everybody of racism, I tend to think that the opinion of the police department that there was 'probable cause' is probably the correct situation. Could the offense have been minor enough that it could have been overlooked? Sure.

There was no mention of a 'witness' in the police report, so I have to believe that is something somebody made up after the fact.

The fact, however, that the President was ready to cry 'stupidity' and take the defendents' side against the police when he had already admitted he didn't know the facts says volumes. Especially when that comment was followed by a lecture of racism in our society.
Huh? Where did you get that "fact"? Are you in any way familiar with his work?

The police report does indicate that there were witnesses. (One is quoted in the article del linked to above.) In fact, the whole incident would not have happened had there not been a witness who thought a crime was in progress.

The "witness" who thought a crime was in progress saw two guys trying to break down Gates' front door. She appropriate called the police to report what appeared to be a burglary in process. Even Gates didn't fault her for calling 9/11 to make that report. If you saw the same at your neighbor's house, are you telling me that you would not call the police?

And when the police arrived, do you not think it appropriate for them to require the occupant of the house to identify himself?

In addition to earlier information posted that Officer Crowley's supervisors have said that he did not act inappropriately, here's some more information on Officer Crowley:

The white police sergeant criticized by President Barack Obama for arresting black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. in his Massachusetts home is a police academy expert on racial profiling.

Cambridge Sgt. James Crowley has taught a class on racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, said Academy Director Thomas Fleming.

"I have nothing but the highest respect for him as a police officer. He is very professional and he is a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy," Fleming told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The course, called "Racial Profiling," teaches about different cultures that officers could encounter in their community "and how you don't want to single people out because of their ethnic background or the culture they come from," Fleming said.

Obama has said the Cambridge officers "acted stupidly" in arresting Gates last week when they responded to his house after a woman reported a suspected break-in.

Crowley, 42, has maintained he did nothing wrong and has refused to apologize, as Gates has demanded.
Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

No, don't put words in the Bass' mouth, these lying white women are not doing those with legitimate complaints any good at all by crying wolf about the bad black boogeyman.

so white women are the problem? they should just shut the hell up and not report activities of black gentlemen? that's what I thought you said.. just let the neighbors house be broken into and vandalized,, if I were that white lady I'd run like hell cause she is gonna be the second coming of Sara Palin and her daughters.. she should run like hell

so white women are the problem? they should just shut the hell up and not report activities of black gentlemen? that's what I thought you said.. just let the neighbors house be broken into and vandalized,, if I were that white lady I'd run like hell cause she is gonna be the second coming of Sara Palin and her daughters.. she should run like hell

A thorough explanation was already given, you on the other hand.......

head-up-ass.jpg

A thorough explanation was already given, you on the other hand.......

head-up-ass.jpg

yes,, I thought so,, white women are the problem,, they should close their eyes and their mouths,, your leader has set the precedent.. white police are just acting stupidly

The rest of your article :

“The police did their job,” said the neighbor. “He should be thanking them. But they shouldn’t have arrested him. He had just gotten off a 20-hour flight. He couldn’t get his door open. He got frustrated . . . They should have just said forget it.”

The neighbor is right. The cops should have defused the situation. Gates was not a threat to anyone.

Or he could've dealt with his frustration like a grown-up. Like one might expect a Harvard professor to act.

The rest of your article :

“The police did their job,” said the neighbor. “He should be thanking them. But they shouldn’t have arrested him. He had just gotten off a 20-hour flight. He couldn’t get his door open. He got frustrated . . . They should have just said forget it.”

The neighbor is right. The cops should have defused the situation. Gates was not a threat to anyone.

Or he could've dealt with his frustration like a grown-up. Like one might expect a Harvard professor to act.

And how is that? Is there some sort of Harvard book or rule that states what to do in a situation like this?

Forum List

Back