Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

[MENTION=40768]Votto[/MENTION]

Don't want to hijack the thread but did you really mean to say that 2/3rds of all people get cancer?

LOL!!! THERE IS NOTHING "NATURAL" ABOUT CANCER!! CANCER AND ALL SICKNESS,PAIN,DEATH IS THE RESULT OF MAN'S CHOICE TO LIVE IN SIN AND REJECT GOD AND GOD'S LOVE,SATAN IS HERE TO KILL AND DESTROY. Think!

So how do explain that almost all cancer victims are heterosexual and living heterosexual lives?

People infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) have a higher risk of some types of cancer than uninfected people.
A weakened immune system caused by infection with HIV

The last two posts you made contradicted themselves.

That isn't really even relevant tothe question. lifestyle has nothing to do with this thread.

Get penis off of your mind for a moment. Every one of you guys is just fixated on gay men's penises and butts.

I am talking about homosexuality, not sex.

And if it is your contention that it is a mental disorder explain the pathology.

First you have to define what is meant by "disorder"?

Physically speaking, cancer is deemed a "disorder", yet it occurs naturally in about 2 out of 3 people.

@Votto

Don't want to hijack the thread but did you really mean to say that 2/3rds of all people get cancer?

He is actually off by 33.333...%, everyone on Earth has cancer.

Why Literally Everyone Has Cancer And What This Means For You

LOL!!! THERE IS NOTHING "NATURAL" ABOUT CANCER!! CANCER AND ALL SICKNESS,PAIN,DEATH IS THE RESULT OF MAN'S CHOICE TO LIVE IN SIN AND REJECT GOD AND GOD'S LOVE,SATAN IS HERE TO KILL AND DESTROY. Think!

So how do explain that almost all cancer victims are heterosexual and living heterosexual lives?

People infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) have a higher risk of some types of cancer than uninfected people.

Which does not address either your original statement OR my reply.

Stop trying to change the subject.

LIVING IN THE SEXUAL PERVERSION OF homosexuality ""IS"" a choice!!!
Please show evidence.
Men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.
Flunky understanding of biblical text isn't a valid argument.

Romans 1:27 ==== SIN IS A CHOICE=A BAD CHOICE. THEIVES DESIRE TO STEAL SO THEY CHOOSE TO STEAL, LIARS DESIRE TO LIE SO THEY CHOSE TO BE LIARS. SIN IS A CHOICE!!!
Well since homosexuality is not a sin I assume you mean to say it isn't, a choice?

The APA lists no known causes for homosexual, thoughthere are some hypotheses. What do you think and why?

The APA is not a scientific organization, despite their claims, why do you use them as a source in the first place.

Studies on monozygotic twins have shown a correlation in sexual preference, but the fact that it is not 100% conclusively proves that it is not genetic. Since we know it is not genetic, and no actual evidence exists to prove that we are controlled by evil aliens from Planet X, I chose to believe that it is a choice. The fact that there are actually people out there who have stated that they have made that choice is also evidence that supports my opinion. The people that reject that we make that choice are, essentially, calling everyone who states they made a choice liars based on nothing other than their own prejudices.

They are the ones that have to live with their bigotry, I prefer to believe people unless the evidence contradicts them.
So other than the word of a few people what evidence contradicts the "born that way" crowd?
The fact that there are actually people out there who have stated that they were born that way" is also evidence that goes against your opinion. Anecdotal evidence isn't very strong.

And just because it isn't genetic doesn't mean you aren't born that way. Dexterity isn't genetic.

What evidence do you have to back up your claims about the APA?

there is no hate in god's word!!! God is love!!! But the wages of sin is death and hell!!!wise up!!

perhaps you do not mean to come across as hateful.
But yelling in all caps does not appear
to be "speaking the truth with love"
or in keeping with "love is patient love is kind"

love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,…

1 corinthians 13:4 love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

gismsy as you are "taking into account a wrong suffered"
how is this god's love speaking? Is it not your own interpretation and judgment that biases the spirit of how you speak and puts a spin on it that is not loving as the bible.

pharisee!! Tool,fool,puppet of satan "begone from me"!!!
So everybody that doesn't completely agree with you is going to be called a "puppet of Satan?"

Excellent technique.

Last edited:
I want to commend [MENTION=49586]Inevitable[/MENTION] for being so respectful and civil throughout this thread and in other threads. While others have been nasty and rude to Inevitable, he has chosen to take the high road.

Good for you.
I very much appreciate that.

I have no need to be disrespectful or anything but civil while questioning others beliefs.

I really appreciate you noticing.

Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

I really don't give a rat's ass.

Let's examine two possible media headlines.

1. *Insert Celebrity Name* announces that they are homosexual.
2. *Insert Celebrity Name* announces that they are heterosexual.

Guess which headline you never see?
Why does the media think one of those headlines is more important than the other?
If homosexuals think keeping the government out of their bedroom is so important (and I agree with that), then why do they keep publicizing what is going on in their bedroom?
I don't think it's the homosexuals, It's the celebrity worship "news" that thinks drivel like so and so's sexuality is worth talking about. I would think homosexual people would be perturbed by that. Basically the celebrity chasing media is saying that the fact that a ball player or a dancer's sexual orientation is important. It really isn't.

An overwhelming majority of homosexual men don't have HIV, and thousands of heterosexuals do, what gives?

so how do explain that almost all cancer victims are heterosexual and living heterosexual lives?

people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv) have a higher risk of some types of cancer than uninfected people.
A weakened immune system caused by infection with hiv

an overwhelming majority of homosexual men don't have hiv, and thousands of heterosexuals do, what gives?

so you don't know hiv aids is over 95 % a sexual pervert death cause???

The APA lists no known causes for homosexual, thoughthere are some hypotheses. What do you think and why?
Of course Homosexuality isn't a choice anymore than being Heterosexual is a choice. One is born of those sexual orientations as many health and scientific professionals have brought out and agreed on time and time and again. There are reported differences between Straight men and Gay men having to do with their Hypothalamus gland. Other reports also explain things farther in this regard. Therefore, it is simply inherent.

Study finds genes on X chromosome linked to male homosexuality

Former Love In Action Director John Smid: Homosexuality Is Not a Choice and Can?t Be Changed | Truth Wins Out

Geneticist Dean Hamer Testifies In Hawai?i On The Biological Origins Of Homosexuality | Truth Wins Out

And there is also another very good discussion on this site started by Howey entitled "Can Homophobia Be Cured?" Here!

Last edited:
Of course Homosexuality isn't a choice anymore than being Heterosexual is a choice. One is born of those sexual orientations as many health and scientific professionals have brought out and agreed on time and time and again. There are reported differences between Straight men and Gay men having to do with their Hypothalamus gland. Other reports also explain things farther in this regard.

Former Love In Action Director John Smid: Homosexuality Is Not a Choice and Can?t Be Changed | Truth Wins Out

Geneticist Dean Hamer Testifies In Hawai?i On The Biological Origins Of Homosexuality | Truth Wins Out

And there is also another very good discussion on this site started by Howey entitled "Can Homophobia Be Cured?" Here!

drunks say the same!!!ROFLMAO!!! DRUG USERS AND 500 LB FAT SLOBS SAY IT THEIR GENES!!!

people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv) have a higher risk of some types of cancer than uninfected people.
A weakened immune system caused by infection with hiv

an overwhelming majority of homosexual men don't have hiv, and thousands of heterosexuals do, what gives?

so you don't know hiv aids is over 95 % a sexual pervert death cause???
But the people you claim to be perverts that are infected make up a negligible bit of society.

Of course Homosexuality isn't a choice anymore than being Heterosexual is a choice. One is born of those sexual orientations as many health and scientific professionals have brought out and agreed on time and time and again. There are reported differences between Straight men and Gay men having to do with their Hypothalamus gland. Other reports also explain things farther in this regard.

drunks say the same!!!ROFLMAO!!! DRUG USERS AND 500 LB FAT SLOBS SAY IT THEIR GENES!!!
Those are addictions. sexual Orientation is not.

Drunks can stop drinking, homosexuals can't stop being attracted to the same sex.

Of course Homosexuality isn't a choice anymore than being Heterosexual is a choice. One is born of those sexual orientations as many health and scientific professionals have brought out and agreed on time and time and again. There are reported differences between Straight men and Gay men having to do with their Hypothalamus gland. Other reports also explain things farther in this regard. Therefore, it is simply inherent.

Thanks for the links. That is some good info.

Poor GISMYS, still in flat denial of the truth. And you know what? Homophobes also think like you because such intolerance, hate and prejudice is something you develop that challenges your normal thinking processes and that's what is truly sad.

Forum List

Back