Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

Homo's are mentally ill and choose their perverted lifestyle. .. :cool:

You do realize you contradicted yourself I hope? People don't choose mental illness. If it was a mental illness it wouldn't be a perverted lifestyle.

I think they are born with it and its probably something with their hard wiring mixed with their hormones maybe.

Homos just decide they want to polish domes. That's fine with me.. Knock yourself out...

Just leave me alone

-Geaux

Homo's are mentally ill and choose their perverted lifestyle. .. :cool:

You do realize you contradicted yourself I hope? People don't choose mental illness. If it was a mental illness it wouldn't be a perverted lifestyle.
I never said that people choose their mental illness you freakin nitwit.
Lol yes you did. You even said it below I will point it out. There is no need to stop being a lady about it

Many people have different forms of mental illness and still function in society; usually with medication and therapy.
Well if it is a mental illness statement belowis in contradiction. No therapy or medicine exists, and there is no pathology withhomosexuality.

And yes, being a faggot is a choice.....a pathetic choice.....but still a choice. ..
:doubt:

If it is a choice it isn't, a mental disorder.

I don't believe it's a one size fits all issue. I believe some are born gay while others choose that lifestyle due to convenience. The convenience part is because many kids have a hard time talking to the other side and are more comfortable with their own gender and act on it. After a while they accept it because it's easier. I saw many women who were lesbians who had been married to a man but felt so screwed over that they changed sides. Very hard to believe that they were born gay. Just my 2 cents.

The APA lists no known causes for homosexual, thoughthere are some hypotheses. What do you think and why?

I think people can have natural tendencies toward being gay. I also know that ancient cultures like Sparta saw being gay as a cultural norm, so they all engaged in it. This tells me it's not simply a "born that way" issue, it is also culturally mediated.

All sexuality is hardwired. You cannot control your biological make-up. You can, however, control how you act.

We are wired to be sexual creatures. The only question becomes, how much control do you have over your impulses?

Those who are "straight" often can't keep it in their pants, so to speak.

Homos just decide they want to polish domes. That's fine with me.. Knock yourself out...

Just leave me alone

-Geaux
Of course they choose to have sex with the respective partner but do they choseto be attracted to the same sex

As I said before faggot.
The last two posts you made contradicted themselves.

People with mental illness (controlled with medicine or not) still make lifestyle choices everyday.
That isn't really even relevant tothe question. lifestyle has nothing to do with this thread.

And choosing to engage in fudge packing is a choice. .. :cool:
Get penis off of your mind for a moment. Every one of you guys is just fixated on gay men's penises and butts.

I am talking about homosexuality, not sex.

And if it is your contention that it is a mental disorder explain the pathology.

As I said before faggot.

People with mental illness (controlled with medicine or not) still make lifestyle choices everyday.
That isn't really even relevant tothe question. lifestyle has nothing to do with this thread.

Get penis off of your mind for a moment. Every one of you guys is just fixated on gay men's penises and butts.

And if it is your contention that it is a mental disorder explain the pathology.

First you have to define what is meant by "disorder"?

Physically speaking, cancer is deemed a "disorder", yet it occurs naturally in about 2 out of 3 people.

We are wired to be sexual creatures. The only question becomes, how much control do you have over your impulses?
So itis your contention that homosexuals cannot control their impulses?

I think I can find about 6.5 billion reasons that statement isn't true. Heterosexualsand homosexuals don't necessarily have differing sex drives.

It always astounds me when USMB homophobes, like Sunni Man, ADMIT THEY WOULD LOVE TO SUCK COCK if they didn't think it immoral.

As I said before faggot.

First you have to define what is meant by "disorder"?
I did. See the underlined phrase above.

Physically speaking, cancer is deemed a "disorder", yet it occurs naturally in about 2 out of 3 people.
Well there is a pathology.

That is why I asked what is the pathology.

I think I can find about 6.5 billion reasons that statement isn't true. Heterosexualsand homosexuals don't necessarily have differing sex drives.

To make a blanket statement like that would be absurd. It would be like saying that heterosexuals cannot control their impulses. :lol:

That is why I asked what is the pathology.

There is a pathology? What you call a pathology I might call a natural physiologic response. We call it a "pathology" because something is produced that we find "bad".

As for homosexuals, gay men in the US only account for about 5% of the population, yet they account for well over 60% of AIDS cases in the US.

Is this a bad outcome like cancer?

To make a blanket statement like that would be absurd. It would be like saying that heterosexuals cannot control their impulses. :lol:

so why did you make it?

Forum List

Back