Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals—will have no share in his Kingdom. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Funny, the bible was written 1800 years before the word homosexual existed.

LOL!!! SO YOU NEVER HEARD OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH??? YOU HAVE A LOT TO Learn!!!

Wa ... wa ... wa ... .

Last edited:
These ARE the last days, and anyone who says they aren't is either very wishful, or ignorant of Scripture.
You are ignorantof scripture, particularly Matthew 24:36 where Jesus said that nobody knows the day. "not the anglesinheaven or the son but only the father."

I know all you can do is insult people that disagree with you.

It's not referring to religion. Our society calls abortion, homosexuality, and just about every activity frowned upon by Scripture "good". They also call those of us who take the Bible seriously "evil".
Homosexuality isn't frowned upon by scripture, and I doubt you take the bible seriously.

God's word condemns Homosexuality AS AN ABOMINATION!!!

Fortunately we have a Constitution to protect citizens from such ignorance and hate.

Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals—will have no share in his Kingdom. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Funny, the bible was written 1800 years before the word homosexual existed.

LOL!!! SO YOU NEVER HEARD OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH??? YOU HAVE A LOT TO Learn!!!
Sodom and Gomorrah's sin wasn't sexual.

The APA lists no known causes for homosexual, thoughthere are some hypotheses. What do you think and why?

I don't know, Inevitable. But there's quite a bit of buzz about it being a choice, sometimes being made after children are born into a family.

If there is DNA evidence, I have not seen it.

Those are addictions. sexual Orientation is not.

Drunks can stop drinking, homosexuals can't stop being attracted to the same sex.

Yet some do, and others chose to be attracted to the same sex.
Prove it.

Unless, that is, you have actual evidence they are lying.
I never once claimed anybody was lying, enough with the strawman fallacy.

They may or may not be lying, why should I take their word as gospel truth when others claim that they are born that way? Are the ones claiming tobe born that way lying? If so prove it. If not, it's anecdotal and therefore unreliable.

Once again, I never said you said it. I was mocking your position using reductio ad absurdum, not a straw man. Learn the difference.

Believe it or not, people have faulty memories. The funny thing is that, even though people don't remember something, no one has ever taken that as real evidence that it did not happen. Intelligent people accept that memory is faulty, and deal with it. Unintelligent people pretend that the fact that some people actually remember something that happened is irrelevant to the discussion.

As for proof.

Why I chose to be gay

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet some do, and others chose to be attracted to the same sex.
Prove it.

Unless, that is, you have actual evidence they are lying.

They may or may not be lying, why should I take their word as gospel truth when others claim that they are born that way? Are the ones claiming tobe born that way lying? If so prove it. If not, it's anecdotal and therefore unreliable.

Once again, I never said you said it. I was mocking your position using reductio ad absurdum, not a straw man. Learn the difference.

Believe it or not, people have faulty memories. The funny thing is that, even though people don't remember something, no one has ever taken that as real evidence that it did not happen. Intelligent people accept that memory is faulty, and deal with it. Unintelligent people pretend that the fact that some people actually remember something that happened is irrelevant to the discussion.

As for proof.

Why I chose to be gay

WTF?

You do know you just proved your assumption wrong with those, don't you?

LIVING IN THE SEXUAL PERVERSION OF homosexuality ""IS"" a choice!!! Men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved. Romans 1:27 ==== SIN IS A CHOICE=A BAD CHOICE. THEIVES DESIRE TO STEAL SO THEY CHOOSE TO STEAL, LIARS DESIRE TO LIE SO THEY CHOSE TO BE LIARS. SIN IS A CHOICE!!!
So God let them go ahead into every sort of sex sin, and do whatever they wanted to—yes, vile and sinful things with each other’s bodies. 25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they prayed to the things God made, but wouldn’t obey the blessed God who made these things.

26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.Romans 1:24-27
===DO THOSE LIVING IN THE SICK ABOMINATION OF SEXUAL PERVERSION REALLY WANT TO LIVE LIFE AS OR LOWER THAN ANIMALS AS BITCH DOGS!!! WHERE IS YOUR HONOR,PRIDE LOVE?????? MAN WAS CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD NOT AS A BITCH dog!!!!

Sodom and Gomorrah's sin wasn't sexual.

If threat of rape isn't sexual, I don't know what is. :dunno:

ROFLMAO!!! THE MEN OF SODOM SAID TO LOT,"SEND OUT THE MEN IN YOUR HOUSE THAT WE MAY HAVE SEX WITH THEM" duh!!! SOUNDS LIKE SEXUAL PERVERT PERVERSION TO ME!!!and you????

I just came to the same conclusion that others on this forum have...you are a caricature of a religious bigot...One designed (quite well) to symbolize the idiocy of your kind.

So go away. In case you haven't heard, the end is near. Shouldn't you be packing or something?

Last edited:
Do you have some reason to think the people that say they made a choice are lying? Delusional? Something else? Maybe you think it is a coordinated conspiracy.
This is a strawman fallacy, I never once said any of the sortout even suggested it. Also: Do you have some reason to think the people that say they were born that way are lying? Delusional? Something else? Maybe you think it is a coordinated conspiracy.

I never said you said it, did I? I responded to your assertion that people are "born that way." You have to deal with the people who actually say they made a choice, the same way I have to deal with the people that claim they were born that way. Unlike you, I don't dodge the issue, I have repeatedly stated that the fact that an individual does not remember making a choice is not evidence they did not make one.
This begs the question. There is no fact that an individual made a choice and didn't remember. That is called an assumption. This isn't a dodge. Prove that somebody made a choice. I further don't have to deal with either of the groups because I haven't made a claim, that it is a choice, learned behaviors, or inborn phenomena.

So, once again, how does your belief system deal with the fact that there are actually people out there that make a claim that directly contradicts your position?
I don't think you understand my position. Besides there are people that claim to receive radio transmissions in their teeth.
What is your explanation for data that contradicts your assertions?
What assertions?
Are you simply going to dismiss it because you prefer your beliefs to the facts?
You haven't posted any facts.

You keep using the term straw man wrong.
I am using it properly. See above you are fabricating assertions, belief systems and positions I have not taken.

I never once misrepresented anything you said, I am asking you to explain evidence that contradicts your claims.
Yes you did. I never made any claims.
Dismissing questions as a straw man argument is a childish tactic.
It's apt.
People might think you are nice because you never respond to insults with insults, but the fact that you are responding to me by misrepresenting what I am doing proves to me that you just have a different way of insulting people.
No sir you stated I made claims and have a position. Just out of curiosity what do you think my position is?

It won't work on me, I don't invest myself emotionally
What isn't going to work? And good for you for not investing emotions into debate.

but feel free to keep pretending you are better than the people, like me,
That is a rather odd projection.
who are willing to actually get into the gutter and fight.
So it would be better if I met childish name calling with childish name calling?

I did support my claim
Quite poorly. You said there is no known genetic marker. That would mean it's unknown. You said there was no known neurological marker, again that is unknown. So you saying that there isn't enough evidence to prove your position wrong is proof that it is right, is a logical fallacy.

which is why I am free to challenge yours.
I am really curious, what do you think my claim is?

You really need to learn how to debate, to bad they stopped teaching it in schools since I grew up.
I have pointed out repeated fallacy in your argument.

[/QUOTE]Who taught you to think? Some things people learn without external aid, some things people need help to learn. Dexterity isn't one of the latter.[/QUOTE]Proof?

As for the APA, you should read this.

Two Who Resigned From DSM-5 Explain Why | Psychology Today

If they reject science in their most important publication, how can you claim that the organization is scientific?
I read the link, I sawthey were talking about personalitydisorders and they mentioned leaving something out but I am unclear what it was the claim was left out.

Do some research, you might learn something.
No, this isyour claim theburden of proof is on you.

for some reason the board software didn't include your question about markers, I wouldn't want you to accuse me of dodging the question.

The only accurate study of living people showed a difference in the size of INAH3 between straight and gay men.

Is Homosexuality a Choice? | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network
Why does there need to be physical markers?

The problem is that the difference does not prove that someone is homosexual, it is entirely possible for a straight man to have a relatively small INAH3, and there is no real evidence that links that area of the brain to anything.
Well this is evidence that it's unknown, not necessarily a choice.

http://mith.umd.edu/WomensStudies/ReadingRoom/AcademicPapers/levay-critique

Since I never actually claimed that there isn't a difference in brain structure, I see no reason to respond to your challenge to prove that there is. What I claimed, and still do, is that there are no markers that exist solely in gay people. Feel free to prove otherwise.
I am not interested in proving otherwise because that isn't the caseI am advocating. What I want to know is the absence of what you call a marker, what ever that may be, allows you to jump to the conclusion that it is a choice.

Last edited:
These ARE the last days, and anyone who says they aren't is either very wishful, or ignorant of Scripture. It's not referring to religion. Our society calls abortion, homosexuality, and just about every activity frowned upon by Scripture "good". They also call those of us who take the Bible seriously "evil".

The Scriptures, in particular the Book of Revelations are written in such a way that they can be interpreted to be describing the end time as almost any time in Human History - durring the waning days of the Roman Empire - Christians believed they were living in the end times.

One thing is certain however , the Bible does not condone or endorse degenerates and perverts .

Prove it.

As for proof.

Why I chose to be gay

WTF?

You do know you just proved your assumption wrong with those, don't you?

Did I? What assumption is that? Why do you assume that I assumed anything?

Here's an interesting observation....

After reading that Scientific American guest blog (several times), I came away thinking "Wow, that was well written! ". Then I went back and read it a couple more times. And came to the conclusion that yes, it was well written, but it says absolutely nothing.

It's like one went to a learned person and asked; "Is being gay a learned behavior or is it genetic?" Like 99.99% of most questions, there is no definitive answer, and that's what the writer of this guest blog did so well. And left me feeling cheated. It's like I read all those words and all I got was a definitive "Maybe." in response to the original question.

So I researched the writer. Apparently, she's not a scientist. She is simply a "writer". Peddling her wares so others can learn how to convince their readers of, well, nothing. What a horrible and unsatisfying goal.

Here's her website if you want to see more:

Marcia Malory

Forum List

Back