Is God Punishing Haiti?

In 1801, Toussaint Louverture led the slaves in a revolt against the French colonists. After a bloody three-year war, Haiti became the first black republic in the world. The slaves declared their independence on January 1, 1804, sacrificed a pig, and dedicated the country to Satan. From its inception, the nation has been consecrated to worshipping evil and its maker. From the time of its freedom, Haiti has been in chains.

Most Haitians subscribe to a system of beliefs known as Voodoo, whose origin is in Africa. This cult of spirits teaches that spirits reside in various forms in nature. It teaches that these spirits can be consulted for important life-decisions, and that they can be used in one's favor to help, or against another to harm. No one would deny that Haiti has been crippled by the exploitation of colonists. Yet far more devastating have been the fingers of Voodoo, clutching Haiti by the neck over the past two hundred years. In place of the One True God, Haiti serves the god of despair, lies and pride.

www.sites.google.com/site/destinationhaiti/abouthait...

Your link doesn't work.
there is a lot more not working for that dude, than hot links. :eusa_whistle:

Haiti is a nation that was founded and dedicated to the Satanic religion of Voodoo

Thus it is cursed by God.

For two centuries Haiti has suffered poverty and disasters.

Untill the people of Haiti renounce Voodoo and eliminate the witch doctors who teach it.

Haiti will continue to suffer the wrath of God.

Haiti is a nation that was founded and dedicated to the Satanic religion of Voodoo

Untill the people of Haiti renounce Voodoo and eliminate the witch doctors who teach it.

Is that what it says in the Koran or are you reverting to your fundamentalist Christian roots?

I thank God that I am not Muslim!:eusa_pray:

Do you think the crap that the Palestinians go through is them being punished Sunni?

I thank God that I am not Muslim!:eusa_pray:

Do you think the crap that the Palestinians go through is them being punished Sunni?
interesting question. :eusa_angel:

Is that what it says in the Koran or are you reverting to your fundamentalist Christian roots?
That's what I was taught as a fundamentalist christian about Haiti from missionarys who had lived there.

But even in Islam, God will not honor a nation dedicated to Satan.

Can anyone show me where in the New Testament...the Christian part of the Bible, where it says that God causes Natural Disasters or man made disasters like 9/11 to punish people for their sins?

I thought the New Testament clearly states that JESUS DIED for all of our sins?

Can anyone show me where in the New Testament...the Christian part of the Bible, where it says that God causes Natural Disasters or man made disasters like 9/11 to punish people for their sins?

Yeah well then you get to the end of the new testament and it all goes to crap.

"Wrath of God"

The wrath of God is mentioned many times in the Christian Bible. Leaving aside the references to it in the Old Testament, it is mentioned in at least twenty verses of the New Testament. Examples are:

• John 3:36 - Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
  • Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
  • Romans 5:9 - Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
  • Romans 12:19 - Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
  • Ephesians 5:6 - Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
  • Revelation 14:19 - So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
  • Revelation 19:15 - From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
Divine retribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Divine retribution

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Divine retribution is a supernatural punishment usually directed towards all or some portions of humanity by a deity.
This theological concept exists in virtually all major religions.[citation needed] Many cultures also have at least one story about how a deity exacted punishment on previous inhabitants of their land, causing their doom.
An example of divine retribution is the story found in many cultures about a great flood destroying part or nearly all of mankind, as described in the Epic of Gilgamesh or Book of Genesis (6:9-8:22), leaving one principle 'chosen' survivor. In the former example it is Utnapishtim, and in the latter example Noah. References in the Qur'an to a man named Nuh who was commanded by God to build an ark also suggest that one man and his followers were saved in a great flood.
Other examples in Hebrew religious literature include the dispersion of the builders of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9), the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18:20-21, 19:23-28), and the Ten Plagues visited upon the ancient Egyptians for persecuting God's chosen people, the Children of Israel (Exodus, Chapters 7-12).
Christian beliefs have the final wrath just subsequent to the Great Tribulation (persecution from Satan and the Beast/Antichrist). Revelation hold God to sound trumpets and pour from vials/bowls to afflict the remaining disobedient population of the planet.
The concept of divine retribution is controversial because stories of divine retribution often depict God as acting in an irrational way, punishing the innocent, and killing even children and babies in his fury.

Divine retribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
the answer is no, God is not punishing Haiti....

I owe you rep for common sense care.

This thread's premise is as ridiculous as the people who said the bad wildfires in cali a few years back was god punishing them.

Ridiculous IMO
So people here posted that the wild fires in CA. were punishment?

Case made. The OP Thread is relevant and more importantly more deep than most of the inane shit that passes for thought around here.

Just so you know I wasn't trying to say you are ridiculous.....i meant the claim of people stated in the OP that "The earthquake was god punishing Haiti" was ridiculous. ;).

I owe you rep for common sense care.

This thread's premise is as ridiculous as the people who said the bad wildfires in cali a few years back was god punishing them.

Ridiculous IMO

Case made. The OP Thread is relevant and more importantly more deep than most of the inane shit that passes for thought around here.

Just so you know I wasn't trying to say you are ridiculous.....i meant the claim of people stated in the OP that "The earthquake was god punishing Haiti" was ridiculous. ;).
oops.

gawd, I'm now officially an idiot. Put that in your signature Paulie,CrusaderFrank and the other douchebaghs.
:lol:

So the Old Testament is not used by Christians? WTF? :lol:

I don't believe God punishes anyone, but in your case Dev, I would hope he/she would make an exception Shame on you for using an unbelievable disaster like this to bash Christians.

Matthew 24:2 & 7-8 & 20-21-22
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Act 14-22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Roman 2:9
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

John 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Jesus did not live to the flesh He crucified the flesh. Who on Earth can say they are better then the king of heaven and earth that they or anyone else will not suffer in the flesh or that nations will not suffer the wrath of God when it is already written and spoken of thousands of years ago?

oops.

gawd, I'm now officially an idiot. Put that in your signature Paulie,CrusaderFrank and the other douchebaghs.
:lol:

No worries man. I just read your response and realized I wasn't clear enough in my initial post so I wanted to clarify ;).

Forum List

Back