Is God Punishing Haiti?

Sodom and Ghmorra (sp?) ?
Sure Gawd punishes. it started with Throwing Adam and Eve from the garden of eatin.
if you read the story...
the punishment that God gave was 'not warning them of the catastrophe'....not the catastrophe itself....and the STORY was about God giving Abraham more and more chances to SAVE them all....God reduced it down to just one person being good and He would have given them warning, from first starting with many more in his negotiations with abraham.....

One good person? and he saved Lott who gave his daughters to prostitution and worse from what I recall.

Sure Gawd punishes. it started with Throwing Adam and Eve from the garden of eatin.
if you read the story...
the punishment that God gave was 'not warning them of the catastrophe'....not the catastrophe itself....and the STORY was about God giving Abraham more and more chances to SAVE them all....God reduced it down to just one person being good and He would have given them warning, from first starting with many more in his negotiations with abraham.....

One good person? and he saved Lott who gave his daughters to prostitution and worse from what I recall.

no, it was not prostitution uscit....he offered them up, in replacement of the crowd wanting to rape the two guests (angels) that came to warn him....get it straight uscit....:D

the point was Pat Robertson and his Gays and sin caused Katrina and 911 talk.

yes, this is true.

BUT i know of no Christian on this board, that agreed with pat's assessment...therefore pat is a non issue as far as i'm concerned

Wow! God must be very different depending on what side of the bed people get out of, because I keep hearing people like Pat Robertson condemn some in the name of God and absolve others. hmmmmmmmm.., we'll have to investigate this hate thing and punishment stuff. :eusa_whistle:

if you read the story...

no, it was not prostitution uscit....he offered them up, in replacement of the crowd wanting to rape the two guests (angels) that came to warn him....get it straight uscit....:D

Yep you are correct. And I always thought angels were badasses and could care for themselves.
Still not a good thing in my opinion.

NAME ONE person here, let alone MANY, who believe that God is punishing people with Natural Disasters....[/QUOTE]

Pat Robertson and Jerrry Falwell, except Jerry is dead.
It would take forever to go through all the posts that would contain quotes.

Are you saying nobody here has posted that God condemned people with natural disasters? Are you saying that Christians, Muslims and Jews here deny what their holy books say God has done?

if you read the story...

Abe? Is that the very same Abraham who heard voices and was going to slit his own son's throat? The very same Abe, who put his son on a slab and was going to m-u-r-d-e-r him because he heard voices? That some crazy shit.

the answer is no, God is not punishing Haiti....

Does God punish people with natural disasters? What does the Bible say about this type of belief you are expressing?
Since there is no God,, no god is punishing people. But plenty of fundamental sects all over the world do believe natural disasters are God's way of expressing his wrath for not following his commandments.

I heard on the radio a couple of hours ago that because the head Catholic bishop in Haiti is presumed dead and one of the biggest Catholic churches there has collapsed that some people are saying that God is telling them the Catholic Church is bad. The evangelicals must love that! :lol:

I wonder what the voodoo practitioners are saying.

Religious nuts in Haiti of all persuasions are going to capitalize on this.

I owe you rep for common sense care.

This thread's premise is as ridiculous as the people who said the bad wildfires in cali a few years back was god punishing them.

Ridiculous IMO
So people here posted that the wild fires in CA. were punishment?

Case made. The OP Thread is relevant and more importantly more deep than most of the inane shit that passes for thought around here.

the point was Pat Robertson and his Gays and sin caused Katrina and 911 talk.

yes, this is true.

BUT i know of no Christian on this board, that agreed with pat's assessment...therefore pat is a non issue as far as i'm concerned

...the people who said the bad wildfires in cali a few years back was god punishing them
Hello?
:eusa_whistle:

Does God punish people with natural disasters? What does the Bible say about this type of belief you are expressing?
Since there is no God,, no god is punishing people. But plenty of fundamental sects all over the world do believe natural disasters are God's way of expressing his wrath for not following his commandments.

I heard on the radio a couple of hours ago that because the head Catholic bishop in Haiti is presumed dead and one of the biggest Catholic churches there has collapsed that some people are saying that God is telling them the Catholic Church is bad. The evangelicals must love that! :lol:

I wonder what the voodoo practitioners are saying.

Religious nuts in Haiti of all persuasions are going to capitalize on this.

Yep, that is what I think. And the religious nuts in America will fight over who is right about wild fires in CA, and aids/hiv, and Katrina and earthquakes.

must suck having to speak out of both sides of your ass. be a bit kind to the religious, they carry such a burden.:eusa_whistle:

In 1801, Toussaint Louverture led the slaves in a revolt against the French colonists. After a bloody three-year war, Haiti became the first black republic in the world. The slaves declared their independence on January 1, 1804, sacrificed a pig, and dedicated the country to Satan. From its inception, the nation has been consecrated to worshipping evil and its maker. From the time of its freedom, Haiti has been in chains.

Most Haitians subscribe to a system of beliefs known as Voodoo, whose origin is in Africa. This cult of spirits teaches that spirits reside in various forms in nature. It teaches that these spirits can be consulted for important life-decisions, and that they can be used in one's favor to help, or against another to harm. No one would deny that Haiti has been crippled by the exploitation of colonists. Yet far more devastating have been the fingers of Voodoo, clutching Haiti by the neck over the past two hundred years. In place of the One True God, Haiti serves the god of despair, lies and pride.

www.sites.google.com/site/destinationhaiti/abouthait...

In 1801, Toussaint Louverture led the slaves in a revolt against the French colonists. After a bloody three-year war, Haiti became the first black republic in the world. The slaves declared their independence on January 1, 1804, sacrificed a pig, and dedicated the country to Satan. From its inception, the nation has been consecrated to worshipping evil and its maker. From the time of its freedom, Haiti has been in chains.

Most Haitians subscribe to a system of beliefs known as Voodoo, whose origin is in Africa. This cult of spirits teaches that spirits reside in various forms in nature. It teaches that these spirits can be consulted for important life-decisions, and that they can be used in one's favor to help, or against another to harm. No one would deny that Haiti has been crippled by the exploitation of colonists. Yet far more devastating have been the fingers of Voodoo, clutching Haiti by the neck over the past two hundred years. In place of the One True God, Haiti serves the god of despair, lies and pride.

gawd, you can be a riot some times.
:lol:

Your link doesn't work.

gawd, you can be a riot some times.
:lol:

Made me laugh too. :lol: Especially this : "In place of the One True God, Haiti serves the god of despair, lies and pride"

I guess the One True God is punishing Haiti after all, by making it the object of a lot of clap trap.

Forum List

Back