Is Fox News a net positive or negative for the GOP?

I think it's honestly a bad thing for them. It's so disingenuous and anti-intellectualism that it has become a meme in modern society for dishonesty and lies. And while there's a minority of people who'll subscribe to anything Fox News says, it definitely turns the majority off. I also think Fox News has progressively gotten worse over time turning off more and more people.

that's why fox has the number one viewer ratings for a decade.. lollipop dreams and unicorn piss brother.
Do you think maybe it's because they're the only right leaning channel while the left's viewer share is divided amongst 142376783 channels?

I think it's honestly a bad thing for them. It's so disingenuous and anti-intellectualism that it has become a meme in modern society for dishonesty and lies. And while there's a minority of people who'll subscribe to anything Fox News says, it definitely turns the majority off. I also think Fox News has progressively gotten worse over time turning off more and more people.

that's why fox has the number one viewer ratings for a decade.. lollipop dreams and unicorn piss brother.
Do you think maybe it's because they're the only right leaning channel while the left's viewer share is divided amongst 142376783 channels?

No doubt. But on cable you can add up the ratings/viewership for CNN, HLN, CNBC, and MSBC and they don't total anything close to Fox's ratings in almost every time slot. I'm pretty sure you could add PBS in there too, and Fox would still beat them all added together. So that speaks for a large part of the American population who have only one source, on cable anyway, to hear their values and opinions expressed. That is also why conservative talk radio is so successful because it does express what so many Americans already think and believe.

Lefties hate Fox and conservative talk radio because they consider anything other than their own values and opinion to be dishonest or evil or coming from less nice or more hateful people. And conservative often look at the leftist media in the same way.

omg...still with the Fox news

When you the Democrats have EVERY other news Lamestream news channel in the bag for them, you don't see people asking if they are plue or a negative for them

I believe the issue is....did FOX hurt by making people believe that Romney had it in the bag? Did they?

Not really.

Admittably, I didn't watch a lot of Fox, but this election really could have gone either way.

Romney's people thought they could win, but they were the victims of pollsters and such giving them bad information and lining their own pocketbooks.

It's what happens when you get too much money in politics, I think. Everyone's out to make a buck, and they forget what they were doing it for to start with.

I believe the issue is....did FOX hurt by making people believe that Romney had it in the bag? Did they?

To answer that question one would have to believe the premise is correct. I don't watch FoxNews enough to know for certain but I tend to doubt it is an accurate assessment.

OK, Fair enough. But somewhere...somehow...the Right got convinced that Romney had it in the bag and got cold cocked on Tues.

It didn’t happen overnight.

Since Obama took office the right convinced itself that the president simply could not win re-election with what they knew would still be a bad economy four years later, and they clearly declared they’d make every effort to ensure the economy remained bad.

They believed that the voters would ‘find out’ that Obama was a ‘fraud,’ and vote him out of office accordingly.

In essence conservatives believe in the myth of Obama they created, and that the majority of voters would buy into that myth as well.

The voters proved them wrong last Tuesday.

Maybe. I don't pretend to know what is in the minds and hearts of the vast majority of people. It could be that this election just proved that if you have more than half the people receiving some or all of their income and/or getting free stuff from the government, that becomes a more powerful force than caring about who is in the White House.

Is a jerk anyone who corners you in the debate with your own words? Then I wear the name proudly.

No, it is someone who pays no attention to what is being said in a discussion and is just pushing their own agenda, thus, just wasting the other person's time.

I quoted you and addressed your own words directly. If that overwhelms you there is little I can do. I have no agenda. I want the truth. I asked you for specifics and you went got all squishy.

You did not even read what I was writing. Your handle should be changed from Dreamy to Dopey.

Maybe. I don't pretend to know what is in the minds and hearts of the vast majority of people. It could be that this election just proved that if you have more than half the people receiving some or all of their income and/or getting free stuff from the government, that becomes a more powerful force than caring about who is in the White House.

Except that's not the case.

Of course, we are ALL getting something from the government. Rich, middle class and poor.

the problem is, we tend to look down on the person getting food stamps but we'll be upset as hell if anyone talks about cutting Mom's MediCare. Even if that person getting food stamps is working and Mom isn't anymore.

I do think we need less government dependence and we need to bring spending under control.

But not to pay for more corporate welfare and giveaways to the rich.

I sure didn't know anyone who thought Romney had it in the bag..

what horseshit

what horseshit

Here's a pretty good list:

1. Peggy Noonan
  2. Morning Joe
  3. Newt
  4. Michael Barone
  5. Glenn Beck
  6. Wayne Root
  7. George Will
  8. Larry Kudlow
  9. Dick Morris
  10. Karl Rove
Top 10 Wrongest Election Predictions From Cable News Pundits | Mediaite

I would also add radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt, who was positively giddy in the days leading up to the election.

And let's not forget the big guy: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Limbaugh-polls-Romney-landslide/2012/11/05/id/462891 (from Newsmax, no less)

Last edited:

No doubt. But on cable you can add up the ratings/viewership for CNN, HLN, CNBC, and MSBC and they don't total anything close to Fox's ratings in almost every time slot.

Isn't that the problem though? With only one major outlet Romney supporters were caught in an echo chamber that assured them a win was in the bag. Obama supporters knew it wasn't and worked harder at their ground game.

Were you in a coma when all your fellow wingnuts got on here and said that Obama was toast, doomed, going back to chicago, etc...

:lol:

Yeah, that too...

so you're going to get as nasty too

I think he makes a very good point. I don't know how you could have missed all the people here and in the right wing media predicting a landslide. In fact, I'm sure you didn't miss it. So I have to wonder why you wrote what you did.

:lol:

Yeah, that too...

I think he makes a very good point. I don't know how you could have missed all the people here and in the right wing media predicting a landslide. In fact, I'm sure you didn't miss it. So I have to wonder why you wrote what you did.

as I said, OTHER polls had Romney close, tied and ahead some times..
so what if people thought he would win from that..
I NEVER saw any right media predicting any landslide for him..that is something you people have made up to attack fox with...

I NEVER saw any right media predicting any landslide for him..that is something you people have made up to attack fox with...

I provided a list of 12 in an earlier post. If you really didn't see/read/hear any of them predicting a landslide, then your timing was amazing, you must have missed it, because they all did it.

what horseshit

Were you in a coma when all your fellow wingnuts got on here and said that Obama was toast, doomed, going back to chicago, etc...

so, OTHER polls were showing him close.. what was wrong with hoping OBAMA was toast..

You mean other than the mean-spiritedness of it, and the fact you wanted to turn the country over to a corporate raider who belonged to an evil cult?

Maybe not a landslide, but they did assure their viewers he was going to win. I wonder how many votes over confidence cost Romney.

Forum List

Back