Is Fox News a net positive or negative for the GOP?

Interesting.

What changed his opinions of Obama. What did Obama do that caused Sullivan to change his mind and political opinions?

He said that when he met Obama he realised that he was in the presence of greatness. Being a gay conservative probably changed his opinions some. Seeing things going drastically wrong under Bush changed his opinions.

Ok so you are not offering me any specifics. Just that in his presence he felt some sort of greatness? With all due respect to Mr. Sullivan I am suppressing a giggle here. :badgrin:

Okay and the second part was a generic anti-Bush sentiment that made him change his views about Obama? Hmmm, now that is earth shaking news. :razz:

Disappointed that Sullivan by you has not offered something concrete to explain his change other than a boyish sounding moment of awe for Obama and a latent pissed off dislike for Bush.

He once liked and supported Bush and his policies, it was not part of a generic anti-Bush sentent. People are allowed to admit that they are wrong, few people do it though.

Only someone watching Fox and only Fox would have spent $25,000 on fireworks and launched his transition page on the web before the results were in.

(and then cancelled his staffers credit cards before they could even pay for the ride home)

oh yeah sure...no reason for him to PLAN ahead..so because he did it's Foxs fault..
as for the second part, BIG DEAL..why should they continue to use that benefit if he lost...

good grief

Thanks for falling into this one. He planned so far ahead that he didn't prepare a concession speech? He had time to arrange a transitions website and order $25K worth of Red White and Blue fireworks, but he couldn't write a concession speech?

Was it arrogance, incompetence or just living in a Dick Morris "it's gonna be a landslide" world?

mitt-website-1.jpg

He said that when he met Obama he realised that he was in the presence of greatness. Being a gay conservative probably changed his opinions some. Seeing things going drastically wrong under Bush changed his opinions.

Ok so you are not offering me any specifics. Just that in his presence he felt some sort of greatness? With all due respect to Mr. Sullivan I am suppressing a giggle here. :badgrin:

Okay and the second part was a generic anti-Bush sentiment that made him change his views about Obama? Hmmm, now that is earth shaking news. :razz:

Disappointed that Sullivan by you has not offered something concrete to explain his change other than a boyish sounding moment of awe for Obama and a latent pissed off dislike for Bush.

He once liked and supported Bush and his policies, it was not part of a generic anti-Bush sentent. People are allowed to admit that they are wrong, few people do it though.

I too lost faith in Bush 2nd term. I however did not turn to thinking Obama was the better answer.

You or he perhaps did not give a person specifics to understand why he is so politically enamored with Obama now.

His experience around this presence of "greatness" is kind of boyish silly imo.

Only someone watching Fox and only Fox would have spent $25,000 on fireworks and launched his transition page on the web before the results were in.

(and then cancelled his staffers credit cards before they could even pay for the ride home)

oh yeah sure...no reason for him to PLAN ahead..so because he did it's Foxs fault..
as for the second part, BIG DEAL..why should they continue to use that benefit if he lost...

good grief

Thanks for falling into this one. He planned so far ahead that he didn't prepare a concession speech? He had time to arrange a transitions website and order $25K worth of Red White and Blue fireworks, but he couldn't write a concession speech?

Was it arrogance, incompetence or just living in a Dick Morris "it's gonna be a landslide" world?

mitt-website-1.jpg

oh boy, whatever
sheeesh

Why are lefties so obsessed with FoxNews would be the better question. Don't like it. BFD. You are lefties and you don't like the GOP. So what?

Mac created a thread to question the harm he thinks the GOP suffered at the hands of a news network that lefties despise. Hmmmm. Will we ever see a thread discussing the harm alphabet news brings to the Democrat party?

God damn. I give up. Clearly folks here are too freaking paranoid to answer my direct question, as if some boogeyman is going to jump out of the bushes the moment they provide an honest, direct response to my honest, direct question. Okay, well, fuck it then.

So to wrap this up, I'll have an imaginary poster answer my question in a mature, honest, civil way, so at least I can have some closure to this silliness.

Mac: Is Fox News a net negative or a net positive for the GOP?

Imaginary Poster: Well Mac, that's a fair question. As a committed conservative, I'm very glad that Fox exists to provide at least some counter-balance to the obvious left leanings of most of the "major media".

Mac: Agreed, it's good to have some balance, and we could probably even use more. Now, especially after the election, do you feel that Fox could do a better job of presenting a broader range of factual information for its viewership, and do you feel they are a net positive or net negative for the GOP?

Imaginary Poster: Well, I have to admit that sometimes Fox fails in providing the facts, sometimes they go over the top in their presentation. I'd like to see them do a better job of sticking with facts and toning down the obvious cheerleading. Here's the thing: I feel that conservatism doesn't need to fake anything; I think that an honest presentation of conservatism is enough, we don't need to play games. Bottom line, while it's not perfect, I think Fox is a net positive for conservatism and the GOP.

Mac: Wow, thanks for the honest, civil, mature answer. I can see your point, and I agree that Fox could still be very effective for the GOP and conservatism in general without resorting to fact-bending and cheerleading. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, thanks again!

Imaginary Poster: You're most welcome, Mac. And by the way, word's getting around that you're a very handsome man and a very snappy dresser, very impressive.

Mac: Aw, shucks, thanks...

What a great thread!!

:rock:

Last edited:
Why are lefties so obsessed with FoxNews would be the better question. Don't like it. BFD. You are lefties and you don't like the GOP. So what?

Mac created a thread to question the harm he thinks the GOP suffered at the hands of a news network that lefties despise. Hmmmm. Will we ever see a thread discussing the harm alphabet news brings to the Democrat party?

God damn. I give up. Clearly folks here are too freaking paranoid to answer my direct question, as if some boogeyman is going to jump out of the bushes the moment they provide an honest, direct response to my honest, direct question. Okay, well, fuck it then.

So to wrap this up, I'll have an imaginary poster answer my question in a mature, honest, civil way, so at least I can have some closure to this silliness.

Imaginary Poster: Well Mac, that's a fair question. As a committed conservative, I'm very glad that Fox exists to provide at least some counter-balance to the obvious left leanings of most of the "major media".

Mac: Agreed, it's good to have some balance, and we could probably even use more. Now, especially after the election, do you feel that Fox could do a better job of presenting a broader range of factual information for its viewership, and do you feel they are a net positive or net negative for the GOP?

Imaginary Poster: Well, I have to admit that sometimes Fox fails in providing the facts, sometimes they go over the top in their presentation. I'd like to see them do a better job of sticking with facts and toning down the obvious cheerleading. Here's the thing: I feel that conservatism doesn't need to fake anything; I think that an honest presentation of conservatism is enough, we don't need to play games. Bottom line, while it's not perfect, I think Fox is a net positive for conservatism and the GOP.

Mac: Wow, thanks for the honest, civil, mature answer. I can see your point, and I agree that Fox could still be very effective for the GOP and conservatism in general without resorting to fact-bending and cheerleading. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, thanks again!

Imaginary Poster: You're most welcome, Mac. And by the way, word's getting around that you're a very handsome man and a very snappy dresser, very impressive.

What a great thread!!

Wow! :badgrin: You want to micro manage the discussion of this topic to this level? Have at it Mac. Good luck sir!

What a great thread!!

Wow! :badgrin: You want to micro manage the discussion of this topic to this level? Have at it Mac. Good luck sir!

Thank you! At least I found one honest, non-paranoid person, even if I had to make him up!

What a great thread!!

Thank you! At least I found one honest, non-paranoid person, even if I had to make him up!

:D haha Good one. Enjoy your thread. I wish I could say I am truly sorry for not posting by your set rules but I have never been one to color within the lines ya know. ;) I hope you get the posts you seek as directed by you Spielberg.

good grief

mitt-website-1.jpg

oh boy, whatever
sheeesh

TA DA! When confronted by facts... "whatever".

I know, you won't let your campaign be dictated by them either. Just turn up the Faux Noise machine! Woot!

But the alphabet 'news' doesn't harm the left, it emboldens them by convincing them of their 'righteousness'. When 90% of the PEOPLE in the 'news' business all have the same progressive slant because of their education (read: indoctrination), it is IMPOSSIBLE for the people of the nation to get unbiased news.

They get propaganda instead...

mitt-website-1.jpg

oh boy, whatever
sheeesh

TA DA! When confronted by facts... "whatever".

I know, you won't let your campaign be dictated by them either. Just turn up the Faux Noise machine! Woot!

whatever...I don't watch FOX or any of the news stations...Just go back to PmsNbc..more your style

I too lost faith in Bush 2nd term. I however did not turn to thinking Obama was the better answer.

You or he perhaps did not give a person specifics to understand why he is so politically enamored with Obama now.

This is a bit speculative, perhaps you will have to ask Sullivan.

Mac, on the Net positive and Net Negative aspect I would ask do you believe that a network alone can pull large amounts of votes from the GOP? I do not.

I am much more intrigued by the apparent viral interest by so many lefties with FoxNews. Now that is something that I think worthy of exploring in depth.

I love media analysis but I would never zone in on just one network to be truly honest and accurate on my analysis of media today and how the media impacts political elections and politics in general.

I simply worked with what you offered as answers for why he is an Obama supporter now. IMO you gave no specifics to back up the change he made and I am curious as to why you are not critical enough of a thinker to wonder why he changed without specific details being offered by Sullivan.

In the aftermath of The Great GOP Meltdown of 2012, I've now seen a couple of articles asking this question as the party begins a little self-inspection. Wow, never would I have expected this.

(Well, at least SOME of the party is doing some self-inspection. The rest of it is doubling down, proudly remaining in abject denial. But that's for a different thread)

Fox played a big part in the party somehow convincing itself that Romney was going to win in a landslide. It essentially created an information cocoon for conservatives, where no light was getting in, where the bad information inside the cocoon was allowed to fester and grow. The result? Conservatives were shocked at the outcome; no one else was.

So would the GOP be better off if Fox never existed? Or if it changed its approach and stopped being such a weird cartoon act? Is Fox hurting the GOP?

(And by the way, don't divert to MSNBC. I agree it's gone completely over the cliff for the Left. This is about Fox, how it created its own little world, and why the Right was so stunned by the election results)

I don't think Fox or MSNBC do anything but tell the people what they want to hear.

If I blame anyone, I blame the "middle of the road" media that portrayed this as a contest when it might not have been. They wanted people to keep tuning in, and if they had said, "Obama's got this in the bag, we're probably going to call the election by 11:30, it's so one sided", they wouldn't be able to do that.

For fun, I did a contrast of flipping between Fox and MSNBC in the last week. MSNBC did nothing but talk about Sandy. Fox did nothing but talk about Behghazi...

I simply worked with what you offered as answers for why he is an Obama supporter now. IMO you gave no specifics to back up the change he made and I am curious as to why you are not critical enough of a thinker to wonder why he changed without specific details being offered by Sullivan.

My opinion of why he changed really does not matter. He must have thought that Obama was the right direction for America. He was a Bush conservative and I watched him slowly change his course. Being gay may have poisoned him towards the Republicans.

My opinion of why he changed really does not matter. He must have thought that Obama was the right direction for America. He was a Bush conservative and I watched him slowly change his course. Being gay may have poisoned him towards the Republicans.

Why did he suddenly become gay? lol Wasn't he gay since birth? During the Bush years?

You brought Sullivan into this discussion. If it was just because you saw another chance to bash Bush I get it. SOP for most lefties.

Forum List

Back