Is Dilbert Comic Racist?

1677423346425987.png

No, itā€™s common sense. Look at the differences in pretty much every significant economic, social and criminal statistic between communities that are mostly black and those which are mostly white. Can you truly tell me you want to live in those black neighborhoods if you have the choice?

Iā€™m going to let you in on a secretā€¦ the difference isnā€™t skin tone. The difference is CULTURE. If/when the black community embraces the same cultural norms as whites, the statistics will change greatly within two generations. Likewise, white communities that are embracing black culture are going downhill at alarming rates.
Now imagine white men like you who donā€™t want blacks moving into your neighborhood are also the white men who interview blacks for jobs in your company.

Dilbert proves affirmative action and diversity programs are still very much necessary.

Now imagine white men like you who donā€™t want blacks moving into your neighborhood are also the white men who interview blacks for jobs in your company
I donā€™t want ANYONE who embraces an unamerican culture, regardless of skin tone or other characteristics, moving into my neighborhood.
Dilbert proves affirmative action and diversity programs are still very much necessary
No. Dilbert just proves that far too often people are hired because they fit a particular identity characteristic rather than an actual qualification for the job.

Hey, when you, (ie an employer) talks about "increasing diversity" or some such shit, that means that they will be hiring people primarily for their skin color.

It looks shocking, because it should be.
Nope. Diversity programs combat white bias and racism.

If we both admit we do not want black people moving into our neighborhoods how can you say as a hiring manager you will Be fair interviewing blacks? That your bias, prejudice, bigot
Every time a police department is investigated for racism we find that cops are four or five times more likely to pull over or arrest a black for the same offenses

Imagine if you were 5 times more likely to be pulled over or ticketed. How would you like it?

Now imagine white men like you who donā€™t want blacks moving into your neighborhood are also the white men who interview blacks for jobs in your company.

Dilbert proves affirmative action and diversity programs are still very much necessary.
So...what are the demographics of YOUR neighborhood, again?

So...what are the demographics of YOUR neighborhood, again?
I admit it that half of us liberals donā€™t want blacks moving in either. So even half of us liberals have this bias. At least we recognize it. Thatā€™s why fer the affirmative action and diversity programs.

So I understand that bias also carries over into corporate America.

The problem is When 99% of conservatives have this bias and so many of them are in management positions. And they refuse to admit their prejudice clouds their judgement

I admit it that half of us liberals donā€™t want blacks moving in either. So even half of us liberals have this bias. At least we recognize it. Thatā€™s why fer the affirmative action and diversity programs.

So I understand that bias also carries over into corporate America.

The problem is When 99% of conservatives have this bias and so many of them are in management positions. And they refuse to admit their prejudice clouds their judgement
Going to answer the question now?

Going to answer the question now?

I may not want blacks moving into my neighborhood because they are poor blacks and crime has already gone up.

But I have NO problem with Affirmative Action. I think affirmative action will help solve the problem I mentioned above.

I may not want blacks moving into my neighborhood because they are poor blacks and crime has already gone up.

But I have NO problem with Affirmative Action. I think affirmative action will help solve the problem I mentioned above.
You don't sound very convincing! :eusa_think:

You don't sound very convincing! :eusa_think:
Well let's get into it. If we stop discriminating against blacks in the work place that will go a long way with race relations. Then the blacks who move into my community will be co workers who make good money. Not poor blacks who left Detroit to come work at Walmart and live in the low rent apartments.

And again, doesn't matter if it's in the company or in my community, I don't want to live anywhere where blacks percent of the population is higher than their percentage of our total population. Any community they are 20 or more percent of the population, those places tend to be shitholes.

In the work force, I don't think it's right for bias to play a role in hiring. That's not good for any of us. So I want companies who have 5% of their employees are black and none of upper management are black to take a long hard look at themselves and realize that they are not being fair. Not to women, hispanics, blacks, arabs, asians, jews, NONE OF THEM are fairly represented in the executive boardrooms.

In a society as diverse as the USA, it's not right.

I fight unfairness wherever it is. Even if I'm not a black or a woman.

But I also don't like blacks moving into my neighbhood and making it less safe. Which is what's happening in Metro Detroit. I believe 800,000 blacks moved out of Detroit between the 2008 crash and now. I can say this. It isn't that bad. I've only had 2 altercations with ghetto blacks and I came here and posted those stories. Stories about blacks who may have left Detroit but they brought Detroit with them. One was a woman who rammed my car after cutting in front of me in the Tim Horton drive thru. The other was a black kid who acted just like black kids in Detroit do. Kids in gangs. Little 14 year old punks in hoodies. He slow walked across the street when he clearly saw me pulling in. And looked at me like you want some? OMG I wanted to get out of the car and whip his ass. But he acted like he had a gun.

Anyways, I would love to have this conversation. Us whites aren't wrong to not want blacks moving in. With blacks come problems. But the few blacks that have moved in so far have all been nice. I wonder if it's one of their friends who came and visited that saw all the expensive trucks and cars and decided they would come back one night at 3am and steal our fucking stuff!!!!

Sorry I'm not so liberal I like my shit stolen and my property value going down.

Well let's get into it. If we stop discriminating against blacks in the work place that will go a long way with race relations. Then the blacks who move into my community will be co workers who make good money. Not poor blacks who left Detroit to come work at Walmart and live in the low rent apartments.

And again, doesn't matter if it's in the company or in my community, I don't want to live anywhere where blacks percent of the population is higher than their percentage of our total population. Any community they are 20 or more percent of the population, those places tend to be shitholes.

In the work force, I don't think it's right for bias to play a role in hiring. That's not good for any of us. So I want companies who have 5% of their employees are black and none of upper management are black to take a long hard look at themselves and realize that they are not being fair. Not to women, hispanics, blacks, arabs, asians, jews, NONE OF THEM are fairly represented in the executive boardrooms.

But I also don't like blacks moving into my neighbhood and making it less safe. Which is what's happening in Metro Detroit. I believe 800,000 blacks moved out of Detroit between the 2008 crash and now. I can say this. It isn't that bad. I've only had 2 altercations with ghetto blacks and I came here and posted those stories. Stories about blacks who may have left Detroit but they brought Detroit with them. One was a woman who rammed my car after cutting in front of me in the Tim Horton drive thru. The other was a black kid who acted just like black kids in Detroit do. Kids in gangs. Little 14 year old punks in hoodies. He slow walked across the street when he clearly saw me pulling in. And looked at me like you want some? OMG I wanted to get out of the car and whip his ass. But he acted like he had a gun.

Anyways, I would love to have this conversation. Us whites aren't wrong to not want blacks moving in. With blacks come problems. But the few blacks that have moved in so far have all been nice. I wonder if it's one of their friends who came and visited that saw all the expensive trucks and cars and decided they would come back one night at 3am and steal our fucking stuff!!!!

Sorry I'm not so liberal I like my shit stolen and my property value going down.
SO.....give Blacks their reparations and then they won't be POOR. See how easy that is.

Some of the discrimination is created by the very anti-discrimination laws intended to end discrimination. Suppose I have two resumes to fill a job. One resume is for DeShawn, the is for Bob. All other things being relatively equal, if Bob is hired and later fired with cause, he isn't going to be suing based on anti-discrimination laws for a big payday. DeShawn on the other hand may be one of the black people (assuming he is black) that will cry racism and discrimination if anything doesn't go his way. So even if the employer is in the right, he runs a much higher risk of spending tons of money on lawyers and law suites if he hires the black guy rather than the white guy if either need to be fired with cause.

Some of the discrimination is created by the very anti-discrimination laws intended to end discrimination. Suppose I have two resumes to fill a job. One resume is for DeShawn, the is for Bob. All other things being relatively equal, if Bob is hired and later fired with cause, he isn't going to be suing based on anti-discrimination laws for a big payday. DeShawn on the other hand may be one of the black people (assuming he is black) that will cry racism and discrimination if anything doesn't go his way. So even if the employer is in the right, he runs a much higher risk of spending tons of money on lawyers and law suites if he hires the black guy rather than the white guy if either need to be fired with cause.
This doesn't make sense. If a person is fired the employer is going to have written proof of why they fired them. Therefore, if the Black guy is fired, he won't be able to say he was fired just because he was Black.
Can you come up with another, more honest scenario?

This doesn't make sense. If a person is fired the employer is going to have written proof of why they fired them. Therefore, if the Black guy is fired, he won't be able to say he was fired just because he was Black.
Can you come up with another, more honest scenario?
If it's a company with a full fledge HR department, maybe there will be a written record why the person is fired. In a small company, maybe or maybe not. Just because something is written down doesn't mean that the fired employee can't claim that it was simply made up. Written proof doesn't necessarily prove anything.

Forum List

Back