Is Dilbert Comic Racist?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
This was on the Dilbert Site today
dilbert may 2.jpg

I think it's very funny, but I suspect many will accuse Dilbert (Scott Adams) of being racist.

Last edited:
Scott Adams has been riding the line for a few years now, I think he decided to cross it. Lets see how he gets smacked around for it.
You got to admit, this stupid crap, that has gotten popular of being one thing, but self identifying as something else is wildly stupid. After all, reality is real whether you like it or not.
Could have been worse. Could have been a carton depicting 8-9 month obviously pregnant chick self identify as have needing a cyst removed.

You got to admit, this stupid crap, that has gotten popular of being one thing, but self identifying as something else is wildly stupid. After all, reality is real whether you like it or not.
Could have been worse. Could have been a carton depicting 8-9 month obviously pregnant chick self identify as have needing a cyst removed.

It's stupid. And it is the basis of law and policy in this country now.

Indeed, speaking out against it, is taboo.

You left out the part where one side has decided that anyone denying the self identified identity as actual reality is then marked for destruction.

I don't care what they want to do, say or support self identifying as something they are not, but it is stupid and obvious, so fair game fore for cartoonist to make fun of.

Hey, when you, (ie an employer) talks about "increasing diversity" or some such shit, that means that they will be hiring people primarily for their skin color.

It looks shocking, because it should be.

I interpret the term "increasing diversity" as code for "You miserable peasants have absolutely no freedom of expression", myself.

It actually means the opposite of what it should.

Not taboo except for the idiots that support self identification as something or some group, they are not. Fair game, for the majority of us to find humor at their expense.

You left out the part where one side has decided that anyone denying the self identified identity as actual reality is then marked for destruction.
Nah. Laughing in the face of fools is always fun and there are far more of us, untouchable than you must think.

Scot Adams was a long time Pacific Telephone engineer. The whole strip does nothing except lampoon AT&T's management structure. The funny thing is that Dilbert was carried the the official Pacific Telephone/Pacific Bell company newspaper up until a decade or so ago.

This was on the Dilbert Site todayView attachment 639319

I think it's very funny, but I suspect many will accuse Dilbert (Scott Adams) of being racist.

Meh. This would have been relevant maybe 30-35 years ago. Now? Not so much. Not with Asians in the majority on every tech team.

Scott Adams hasn't seen the inside of a tech team in years and it shows.

Meh. This would have been relevant maybe 30-35 years ago. Now? Not so much. Not with Asians in the majority on every tech team.

Scott Adams hasn't seen the inside of a tech team in years and it shows.
I thank you are missing a big point of the strip. People identifying as things that don't match reality.

I thank you are missing a big point of the strip. People identifying as things that don't match reality.
LOL Talk about missing the big point. What part of "diversity on the Engineering team" did you not get?

Forum List

Back