CDZ Is China really aggressive?

If it were 2 countries then your argument could easily be validated. But when it is claims in 20 countries and no other country agrees with China on their claims to said land then you really need to step back and use a reasoning process designed to do something other than draw crooked circles.

Are there really 20 countries?
Perhaps you could link to who is in dispute.

Thanks. :)

0912ChinaSeaTerritory2.png

President Xi's "China Dream" aims at restoring Imperial China's lost territories across Asia and most Asian countries were China's client states in the Middle Ages. Following his logic, China technically owns everything in Asia and Japan's Senkaku Islands used to belong to the Ryukyu Kingdom, which paid tributes to Ming China, but it's now part of Japan as Okinawa. There were hundreds of Chinese vessels in Japanese territorial waters until very recently, threatening to take over the Senkakus. The issue is similar to Operation Sovereign Borders, under which Australian Navy ships illegally entered Indonesian waters to tow refugee boats back towards Indonesia, and you need to stand firm against invaders no matter who they are to preserve your country's territorial integrity.

The Indonesian government has voiced concern over the operation due to its implications for Indonesia's national sovereignty.[32][33] A member of the Golkar party, Tantowi Yahya, described the plan as 'offensive' and officials from the Indonesian Navy said 'forcing the boats back would also unfairly shift the burden of dealing with the asylum-seeker problem back on Indonesia'.[34] The policy has also come under fire from refugee advocates.[35] Australia has apologised for violating Indonesian waters during their "tow back" operations.[38] These incursions occurred after CDF David Hurley stripped naval personnel of workplace safety protections that would have required them to exercise "reasonable care" to protect their safety and that of the refugees.[39] On 21 January 2014, Customs and Defence announced that a joint review would be conducted to investigate the circumstances under which Australian naval vessels entered Indonesian territorial waters.[40] The inquiry, which covered the period between 1 December 2013 and 20 January 2014, found that two RAN frigates had crossed into Indonesian territory four times during the period, while Customs vessels did so on another two occasions.[41] In response, one Australian Navy officer lost his command, while several others were disciplined. [42] Indonesia has responded to the incursions by deploying military assets to intercept people-smuggling boats.[43][42]

Operation Sovereign Borders - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
China believes it is the be all, end all of the Asian rim. Tell me this is not a problem. Let's see.... Japan, Taiwan, Taipai, South Korea, Viet Nam, Phillipines and e3ven Australia may be a little more than offended by Chinese aggression,,,heh?

1) China's is a good neighbor.
2) Many neighbors + rich history = territorial problems.
But! Given the strength of China, its policy is very delicate. Much less aggressive than the US policy .

President Xi's "China Dream" aims at restoring Imperial China's lost territories across Asia
Russia and China want to return the imperial past.
And only the United States is the guardian of democracy, humanity and goodness.
God Bless America:2up:

Why China hates our guts.

This is the USS Michigan, one of 14 Ohio-class Trident nuclear submarines. These 14 boats carry 50% of the total thermonuclear warhead yield in US inventory. They're doomsday machines by any other tag. God forbid we ever have to use one.

There's always a few lurking off China's coast. Just three of them could annihilate every major Chinese city, ICBM complex, and military base in short order. They're a message to China's communist dictators, who've already murdered 65 million of their own people, to behave themselves...or else. Communists don't like to hear messages like that. Tough shit.

USS_Michigan_(SSBN-727).jpg

Denials are pointless when the sum total of one's posts have made excruciatingly clear an unambiguous bias and "hatred."

I am curious----who is the "ONE" who's posts are
"unambiguous" (ly) bias (ed) and----"hatred"??

China has opened trade with many countries.
These countries may not be friendly with the USA, but why should that be a problem to other friendships?
Take Iran, a country that has no military bases anywhere near America, but is surrounded by US military bases.
Why should China dealing with Iran be a problem?

Japan did not have bases "near" America DECEMBER 7, 1941----either. As usual ---Freddie---you made no point.
The malignancy HEZBOLLAH is planted thruout the world----
those Iranian shills are even murdering people in Yemen----right now. Hezbollah is a virulent cancer for the whole world

China has opened trade with many countries.
These countries may not be friendly with the USA, but why should that be a problem to other friendships?
Take Iran, a country that has no military bases anywhere near America, but is surrounded by US military bases.
Why should China dealing with Iran be a problem?

Japan did not have bases "near" America DECEMBER 7, 1941----either. As usual ---Freddie---you made no point.
The malignancy HEZBOLLAH is planted thruout the world----
those Iranian shills are even murdering people in Yemen----right now. Hezbollah is a virulent cancer for the whole world

Sorry, this is about China.

President Xi's "China Dream" aims at restoring Imperial China's lost territories across Asia
Russia and China want to return the imperial past.
And only the United States is the guardian of democracy, humanity and goodness.
God Bless America:2up:

How many democracies has the US removed in favour of puppet dictators?
Whilst China has a poor record in Tibet, the US has a poor record in many countries.
China executes people and probably uses torture; so does the US.

Bit hard to see where America has the moral high ground here.

They are our greatest threat in the free world. Treat them like the Japanese Empire of 1930's. You know where were going with them. Prepare now for war. China greater threat than terrorism.

They are our greatest threat in the free world. Treat them like the Japanese Empire of 1930's. You know where were going with them. Prepare now for war. China greater threat than terrorism.

Ask this.
How many countries has China attacked since WWII?
Then ask how many countries America has attacked since WWII.

So, how do the numbers look?

I think one thing is very clear from this thread - no one has managed to refute my assertion, thus it's probably true.
China is not being aggressive in a military sense, just an economic one.

China is making preparations to invade Taiwan. She already knows she will have the Russians to back her when the US responds. As to the question of what dog America has in the fight - that would be Taiwan as we have a treaty. It is no secret that China has plans to invade Taiwan. It is quite obvious that is what this is coming to. Aggressive? I'd say so.

The Russians are our greatest threat - China would be next, yes. Communism is the greatest threat in the free world today.

China is China. They have always spoke loudly and carried a half broken stick in an effort to gain international legitimacy. It has worked...mainly because their people have no civil rights and are no more than slaves for economic gain. They could never win a war...there is no nationalism and they cannot survive without the economic support of the west.

I think one thing is very clear from this thread - no one has managed to refute my assertion, thus it's probably true.

China is making preparations to invade Taiwan. She already knows she will have the Russians to back her when the US responds. As to the question of what dog America has in the fight - that would be Taiwan as we have a treaty. It is no secret that China has plans to invade Taiwan. It is quite obvious that is what this is coming to. Aggressive? I'd say so.

Would you have accepted a Chinese fleet attacking the US of A when your marines invaded and annexed Hawaii?
I disagree with a Chinese claim to Taiwan, but it's bugger all to do with America, a country that has done exactly the same thing.

Granny says, "Dat's right - the Chinese ain't as good as dey's word...

China continued South China Sea reclamation despite halt claim: expert
16 Sept.`15 WASHINGTON (Reuters) - China was carrying out land reclamation in contested waters of the South China Sea this month, more than four weeks after saying it had stopped such activity, a U.S. expert said on Tuesday, citing recent satellite images.
The evidence of continued dredging in the Spratly archipelago could complicate a visit to the United States by Chinese President Xi Jinping next week, when U.S. concerns about China's assertive pursuit of territorial claims in Asia are expected to be high on the agenda. Bonnie Glaser, of Washington's Center for Strategic and International Studies think-tank, said images taken in early September showed dredging activity at both Subi Reef and Mischief Reef in the Spratlys. The dredgers at Subi could be seen pumping sediment on to areas bordered by recently built sea walls and widening the channel for ships to enter waters enclosed by the reef.

At Mischief Reef, a dredger was expanding a channel to enable easier access for ships, possibly for use as a naval base, Glaser said. On Aug. 5, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said China had halted land reclamation in the sea. Speaking in Beijing on Wednesday, Wang did not address the issue of whether reclamation had ended or was going on, but said "necessary" construction work was to improve conditions on the islands. "The Nansha islands are China's territory. In this regard, China possesses ample historical and legal basis," Wang said, using the Chinese name for the Spratly Islands. Glaser said China's activity appeared to be focused on construction for military use.

2015-09-15T234738Z_1_LYNXNPEB8E1BD_RTROPTP_2_CHINA-SOUTHCHINA-AIRSTRIPS.JPG

Subi Reef is shown in this handout satellite image dated August 8, 2012 and provided by CSIS Asia Maritime Transparency Initiative/Digital Globe

Images of Fiery Cross Reef showed a completed and freshly painted 3,000 meter runway, helipads, a radar dome, a surveillance tower and possible satellite communication facilities, she said. Security experts say a 3,000 meter strip would be able to accommodate most Chinese military aircraft.

Glaser said China's apparent preparations to build similar airstrips on Subi and Mischief Reefs raised questions about whether it would challenge freedom of navigation in the air and sea in future. "The persistence of dredging, along with construction and militarization on China's artificial islands, underscore Beijing's unwillingness to exercise self-restraint and look for diplomatic paths to reduce tensions," she said. "On the eve of President Xi Jinping's visit to the United States, Beijing appears to be sending a message to President Barack Obama that China is determined to advance its interests in the South China Sea even if doing so results in heightened tensions with the United States." On Monday, Greg Poling, director of CSIS's Asia Maritime Transparency Initiative (AMTI), which obtained the images, said three airstrips in the Spratlys would allow China to threaten all air traffic over features it has reclaimed there.

China continued South China Sea reclamation despite halt claim: expert

Would you have accepted a Chinese fleet attacking the US of A when your marines invaded and annexed Hawaii?
I disagree with a Chinese claim to Taiwan, but it's bugger all to do with America, a country that has done exactly the same thing.

I do not believe everyone agrees on the subject of Hawaii - although when it happened - 120 yrs ago approximately - their leader requested the USA annex Hawaii didn't he? As I understand it the USA didn't agree until certain conditions / agreements were met? I'm not really informed about all the details of the story, Indo, so I could not tell you whether I believe it was a good deal or not. I don't know.

Forum List

Back