CDZ Is China really aggressive?

their leader requested the USA annex Hawaii didn't he?

She, the queen, was tossed into prison.
However, I know the US likes to distort history, and this has been gone through on so many other threads.

Perhaps you could tell me why the US is so interested in protecting islands that are absolutely nothing to do with it, and probably Chinese by rights anyway.

South China Sea reclamation

What, not the California coast reclamation?

As usual, the US is sticking its fat nose into places it should not, being aggressive and forcing the defending countries into a military build up to protect themselves from American forces.

I noticed the US going ape shit about a couple of Chinese ships in international waters not that far from America, but the US has carrier battle groups not far from China.
No one ever bothers to mention that when they bleat on about Chinese aggression.

South China Sea reclamation

What, not the California coast reclamation?

As usual, the US is sticking its fat nose into places it should not...

It really is a shame that some people seem driven by nothing more than reflexive anti-Americanism in their every thought, post, and posture.

America's nose most certainly belongs in the Pacific. Only those ignorant of history would argue otherwise.

It really is a shame that some people seem driven by nothing more than reflexive anti-Americanism in their every thought, post, and posture.

I'm so sorry you can't tell the difference between being anti American, and being anti American foreign policy.
I didn't think you were that uneducated, but it seems I was in error.

America's nose most certainly belongs in the Pacific. Only those ignorant of history would argue otherwise.

American history in the China sea area is hardly anything to be proud of.
Between colonisation and general mayhem, I would want to try to 'massage' history as well.

Luckily, US government sites tell the truth.
United States Maritime Expansion across the Pacific during the 19th Century - 1830–1860 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

The U.S. presence in Hawai’i grew out of the need for a substantial base of operations in the Pacific to support U.S. interests in China. Ultimately this need became so great, and the U.S. presence so large, that the United States annexed the islands in 1898.

There goes the invasion and annexing of Hawaii.

The process of U.S. maritime expansion in the Pacific eventually became a goal in and of itself, culminating in the acquisition of the Philippines from Spain in 1898....The United States established full colonial rule over the Philippines in 1900

American military takeover and occupation of the Philippines, executing the forced labourers when they refused a death march across Samar. Your lot executed 11 locals when they tried to escape being forced to march in a suicidal attempt to cross the islands to lay a telegraph cable.

We can move on to the mass murder of women and children by the United states at the time of the Moro rebellion - Take a look at the Moro crater massacre.

the combination of the opening of Chinese ports to regular trade and the annexation of California

There goes California, another annexed area, now absorbed into the United states.

Perry first sailed to the Ryukyus and the Bonin Islands southwest and southeast of the main Japanese islands, claiming territory for the United States, and demanding that the people in both places assist him.

Invasion and forced labour.

..and so on.
The United states has a terrible history in the Pacific.

However, I'll apologise in advance for using official US government anti American web sites for my sources.
US history is anti American, not I.

There goes California, another annexed area, now absorbed into the United states......

California was purchased from Mexico after they lost a war they unwisely started.

When operative terms are misunderstood or misapplied for transparent reasons, honest discourse invariably suffers.

I'm so sorry you can't tell the difference between being anti American, and being anti American foreign policy.......

It is very, very obvious which we are dealing with here.

Yes, those damned American government website are so anti American, going around putting the truth on the internet.
Whoever runs those sites should be shot as traitors.

There goes California, another annexed area, now absorbed into the United states......

California was purchased from Mexico after they lost a war they unwisely started.

When operative terms are misunderstood or misapplied for transparent reasons, honest discourse invariably suffers.

Half the truth is normally considered to be a lie.

Mexico had just lost Texas to an American invasion, and they knew the US was after California (Manifest destiny).
The US attempted to buy the land, but offers were refused by Mexico.
The US forced a war, winning, then forcing the sale on the Mexicans.

It's about the same as me holding a gun to your head, forcing you to sell me your car at a tenth of the price, and claiming it was legal.

As I said, a little bit of the truth out of context is really a lie.

Zealous anti-American agenda + limited, incomplete knowledge of history = absolutely nothing of value. But hey, everyone is entitled to their 'feelings,' however unnecessary and unproductive.

Now then, I believe there was a topic about China?

Only after you'd denied the right to vote for most natives, but allowed American immigrants to vote.

Read the link. Without the 'anti-America' glasses, if possible.

Of course there was only a small opposition.
You'd colonised the place after deposing the royal family, removed the right to vote from most of the native population, and introduced a massive American population, all of whom had voting rights you didn't give to the natives in their own country.

China is building up her defensive forces, but this has only been happening since the US build up forced her to.
America, a country with no lands to defend in that region, is sending carrier fleets and other war machines to threaten China, then moaning when China builds up a force to counter the aggressor.
The US is threatening Chinese oil supplies, so China is forced to build up forces on the supply routes.
Of course, the Americans never mention where the Chinese forces are, or why they are there.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.
The Chinese now have anti ship ballistic missiles (carrier killers), so the advancing American invaders could end up losing 5,000 men and 10% of its air power to one missile they won't even see coming.

I'm hoping they sell these to Iran and Russia so America will be forced to slow down its expansion and aggression, or even retreat.
These missiles would restore the balance between the attacking US forces and the weaker nations they prefer to attack.
Imagine the usual American method of attacking a defenceless country with carrier based forces, the America public never hearing the bombs fall because they're cheering so loudly at another US murder mission, them getting the news of 5,000 dead Americans and the loss of a carrier - then another.

That might finally stop America from attacking countries and killing thousands of civilians.

Zealous anti-American agenda + limited, incomplete knowledge of history

But you have yet to post a single link to show the US government site I used is lying.
Yes, a US government site, telling history as seem by the US government, not some far left or religious extremist site, a US government official site about US history.

Care to comment, or prove the US government is a liar?

Since this is the CDZ and there is no discussion, just more mindless anti-Americanism, the thread has nowhere to go.

Maybe a certain someone should start the same thread in the badlands where this kind of nonsense belongs.

China is a willing member of the AXIS alliance now waging war against humanity----
Russia, Iran, Syria, China, et al.

Vietnam arguin' over Spratly Islands with China...

Vietnamese President Challenges China's Xi Over Spratly Islands
September 29, 2015 — Vietnam's President Truong Tan Sang has publicly rejected sovereignty claims by Chinese President Xi Jinping over disputed islands in the South China Sea.
Speaking at the Asia Society in New York late Monday, President Truong Tan Sang made a forceful case for Hanoi's claim to the chain, known as the Spratlys in Vietnam and Nansha islands in China. The Chinese leader, who just completed a state visit to the United States, including a speech to the U.N. General Assembly, recently told the Wall Street Journal that “the Nansha [Spratly] Islands have been China’s territory since ancient times."

When asked by VOA’s Vietnamese Service about his reaction to Xi’s statement, Sang reiterated Vietnamese claims over the islands. “The Chinese, in meetings with us, always claims that the islands belong to China, and it is undisputable," he said. "We would like to counter-argue that statement. The Paracels and Spratlys belong to Vietnam since ancient time, and it is also undisputable.” Sang, who made a state visit to the U.S. in July, added that Hanoi also has “historical and legal evidence" for its claim.

A9314ACF-6477-46EF-8FAB-C4772B89C7C6_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy5_cw0.jpg

Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang
He also urged other claimants to pursue peaceful solutions to the maritime disputes over the South China Sea. "[Vietnam] would like to resolve the issue through international laws, and that is the only way to go forward. Regarding bilateral issue [the Paracels] between Vietnam and China, we will negotiate with other bilaterally," Sang said. "Other multilateral ones such as the Spratly issue, which is related to six parties, then all sides should deal with China.” Vietnam and China claim sovereignty over the Paracel Islands, while the two nations also have competing claims with the Philippines, Brunei and Malaysia over the Spratlys.
MORE

Forum List

Back