Is Change something to fear?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by leahKat, Sep 27, 2008.

1. leahKat

leahKat Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Is Change something to fear? After all, as we go about things in our daily lives we change our opinions daily from the kinds of foods we eat, to what we are going to wear to even the styles we like year after year. Sometime you change because you want a fresh start a sense that your starting in a new direction to feel new again, other times you want to change because the old way just didn't suit you, and still other times you change because your forced to. So the kind of Change that Obama represents is nothing to fear it is something to be embraced a change from the tactics of the old. A change from commitment to War without end, a change from the priority that says the wealthy are the citizens and the rest of us serve them. I see a lot of people saying Obama is something to be afraid of because he is new and does not have the experience and because he is African American. All that fear though represents at least to me people clinging to the past and afraid to take a chance that someone that is new and different might just be what we need. Something to think about anyway at least for those that are not so closed minded that they cannot at least talk about it.

"The only thing we have to FEAR is FEAR itself" FDR

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Obama isn't going to have to do a thing to make our universe change.

It's changed so much in the last two weeks we probably won't recognize our nation a year from now.

3. leahKat

leahKat Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I know that he's not going to wave some magic wand and everything is going to suddenly be awsome for all. The thing is though he represents a change from the way things have been done at least to me and at least to me anyway thats not a thing to fear. Heck the other thing hasn't worked out so well, so why not. Your right though with all the other shit thats going on I don't think the next president is going to be able to get much done because they will have a gigantic pile of crap to clean up.

4. wayne

wayne Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    That depends on what the change is: if it is less liberty and less respect for the constitution, then yes.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Which is good because neither one of em is worth a shit. Americans need to be ashamed of themselves for letting this all come down to a choice between these to idiots. WTF is wrong with us ?

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,866
    I dunno, but your posts, even though you pretend to be impartial, always come down on McCain's side.

Just sayin.

7. leahKat

leahKat Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Basically the point is if the idiots that are there screwed it up so bad then why elect someone who's been there forever, isn't that like saying okay here you lost all my money, you killed my friends but its okay, go ahead and try and fix it now? Honestly you want to know the truth none of those jerkoffs up there need a second chance you ask me. Obama though is a much better choice of the two that are running given what we have to choose from. Thats just my opinion though. Oh and No I didn't mean give up our freedoms, I meant get them back after letting these dipshits take them away.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    apparently you don't read well------every candidate up there isn't worth a shit. We are a huge country and those 4 are the best we can come up with ???????? Pitiful.

9. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Just because you don't like the fact we haven't surrendered Iraq to thugs and barbarians or the gov't hasn't confiscated the means of production doesn't mean the country is screwed up.

And since it isn't screwed up (possessed of problems, yes, but not dysfunctional) change would be--at best--pointless and uncertain if not outright disasterous.

So it is with "progressivism". Progress is bad if you're headed for a precipice. Even evolution is a predominantly a stabilizing, preservative force.

10. Stoner

Stoner Herbologist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    If that change is a lying, corrupt, inexperienced, fucktard who has terrorists as friends, lies about his religion and can't speak more than two syllables without stuttering like Porky Pig in a whore house then yes...change would be something to fear.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008