Is bigot an offensive term?

Here we go. Just hang in there for a minute and listen to what I have to say. I keep getting called bigot and many others have as well that I've seen for mentioning anything that may be viewed as anti gay or racist. I for one think it may be time for the word bigot to be viewed like any other racist term such as n*gger, sp*ck, jungle bunny, porch monkey, or go*k. It's just as emotionally harmful and damaging. Is this yet another Liberal double standard? Bigot is thrown around freely as a derogatory term to demean people and try to keep them from speaking the truth. The first step is awareness of the problem. From there the rest is easy.

The difference is that bigotry is a choice.

Here we go. Just hang in there for a minute and listen to what I have to say. I keep getting called bigot and many others have as well that I've seen for mentioning anything that may be viewed as anti gay or racist. I for one think it may be time for the word bigot to be viewed like any other racist term such as n*gger, sp*ck, jungle bunny, porch monkey, or go*k. It's just as emotionally harmful and damaging. Is this yet another Liberal double standard? Bigot is thrown around freely as a derogatory term to demean people and try to keep them from speaking the truth. The first step is awareness of the problem. From there the rest is easy.

The difference is that bigotry is a choice.
Last time I checked religion was free in this country and I'd prefer it to stay that way along with every ideology that doesn't directly harm people.
You are a bigot, whose defense no more makes it acceptable than does a Nazi's defense of the Third Reich. You have moral choices to make, and you are choosing poorly.
That's the kind of freedom I desire though. I personally don't see morals as absolute. Your morals are different from many other people's and that's what some people don't understand.

That is no justification for defending poor moral choices, "because I can."

Forum List

Back