Is bigot an offensive term?

SUPERMAN1929

Apr 18, 2015
Here we go. Just hang in there for a minute and listen to what I have to say. I keep getting called bigot and many others have as well that I've seen for mentioning anything that may be viewed as anti gay or racist. I for one think it may be time for the word bigot to be viewed like any other racist term such as n*gger, sp*ck, jungle bunny, porch monkey, or go*k. It's just as emotionally harmful and damaging. Is this yet another Liberal double standard? Bigot is thrown around freely as a derogatory term to demean people and try to keep them from speaking the truth. The first step is awareness of the problem. From there the rest is easy.

If you blanketly hate an entire group of people, you're a bigot. Sorry.
But doesn't the same apply to every other offensive term?
A bigot is a bigot by choice. It's when you hate someone for being born a certain way, for their mere existence, that makes someone a bigot.
But... I was born a bigot as much as a fag was born gay?
You were not born a bigot. You became a bigot because of a poor upbringing and the influence of low class members of your community.

A bigot is a bigot by choice. It's when you hate someone for being born a certain way, for their mere existence, that makes someone a bigot.
You were not born a bigot. You became a bigot because of a poor upbringing and the influence of low class members of your community.
Wrong. I became a bigot after exposure to different races and their fucked up sexualities... Gay people aren't born gay either. Haven't you heard of all the people who turn gay after being molested or shit like that?

Wrong. I became a bigot after exposure to different races and their fucked up sexualities... Gay people aren't born gay either. Haven't you heard of all the people who turn gay after being molested or shit like that?
How old are you?

How old are you?
Old enough to know that liberals are a bunch of double standard little bitches. You can't even express an opinion that may in some way make a race look bad or make homosexuality look bad without being called a bigot.

Progressive/communists can make all the jokes they want about almost everything under the sun, but the moment conservatives do the same they are called bigots.

That's the world we are living in.

The word bigot is complicated...

sometimes a bigot is what it is...a person who unfairly stereotypes or hates a whole group of people based on the actions of a few, or hates a group because they don't believe, act or think or look like them.
sometimes the word bigot is unfairly used by people to shut down any opposing opinions. Ex..."I don't agree with ... well your a BIGOT!!!" Its over used by people who have decided they are right and put their hands over their ears. Its a quick easy(unfair) way to declare victory in a conversation.

lol @ genetic. there are some things out there you can have a genetic predisposition to. I don't think bigotry falls in that category.:lol:

So, the first step is admitting your problem. You are a bigot.

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You "became a bigot after exposure to different races and their f'd up sexualites"????

this would be double bigotry because it doesn't even make sense. lol

Of course those who victimize victims, such as the OP, don't want to be called bigot.
The truth hurts.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You "became a bigot after exposure to different races and their f'd up sexualites"????

this would be double bigotry because it doesn't even make sense. lol
You guys should have acceptance for all including bigots if you want to have a big loving community.
Of course those who victimize victims, such as the OP, don't want to be called bigot.
The truth hurts.
What's wrong with the word fag then cause that's what they are? Or any other word like that?

Forum List

Back