Is Barry going to be Perot'd back into Office by Paul?...

After Perot, the Right no longer allows viable challenges to their institutional candidates - meaning: Paul will be prevented from making an Independent run. The nexus of power relationships inside movement conservatism will prevent it. They will get to him.
Like "I am not a witch" O'donnell. Yea, those party bosses really have a lot of power, like the loser (Sharon Angle) that ran against Reid. Your conspiracy theory has more than a few holes. Lets hope Reince Priebus can manage races better in 2012.

People need to realize how powerful their media and think tank universe is. People need to realize how powerful the Koch brothers are. If they want to stop Paul, they can. Movement conservatism has more financial, political, and media power than people realize. They are the most powerful, centralized force in the country.
The Koch brother's boy is Herman Cain, a losing horse, but money talks and Koch bullshit walks. If you were a GOP primary voter would you vote for the Koch boyz sock puppet?

The Right's success has been based partly on their ability to control the election process form the top down. This is why Big Government Lobbying groups like "Freedom Works" now have so much influence within the Tea Party. They simply won't allow the Tea Party to harm the next election or criticize the next Republican president. Once Romney wins the White House, the Tea Party will be transformed from critics of Washington into party Apparatchiks - functionaries which protect big government conservatism and the defense/oil/pharmaceutical/health-care interests which run it. Neither Ron Paul nor the Tea Party, nor any collection of interests will get in the way of the next election or the next GOP president. Did anyone see what Bush was able to accomplish with far less congressional power than Obama? Bush started 2 unfunded wars (which were disasters) and passed the largest, most costly entitlement legislation since LBJ passed Medicare. (And the even have the media power to cover it up) People don't get it: big government conservatism is the most powerful force in American history. It shredded the Constitution with the Patriot Act, and it created the largest, most wasteful, most unaccountable government bureaucracy in history with Homeland Security.
This is the dumbest thing you said so far. Tea Party folks are the ones making sure the DC whores don't run amok. Look at 2010 and who was elected. The Party bosses can't control the new Tea Party guys. Your thesis fails. (unless you can cite a few examples??)

Movement Conservatism owns Washington. It represents the special interest take over of the American political system. Ron Paul will not be allowed to challenge it. Trust me. President Romney will bring back the War on Terrorism, and FOX will oblige with color coded terror alerts - and the country will once again be bankrupted by the Rightwing National Security State . . .complete with invented cave dwellers from far away mud holes .
That could be tough with no money in the US Treasury. Maybe the EU can lend us some, or increase their military spending to cover their own defence??

Granted, Paul is the best candidate in the field - because he is not owned by Wall Street, big oil, or big pharma - but unlike Nadar he will not be allowed to challenge leadership. Say what you want about the Right, but don't believe for a minute that they will allow rebellion from below. They are the most tightly controlled top-down political force this country has ever seen. They convert big business profits into political and media outcomes with more efficiency than any political force in world history. They have owned the country for the last 3 decades. They owned Clinton and they own Obama. They controlled Obama when he had the largest congressional majorities in recent memory. They run the country regardless of who is in the White House. Ron Paul, Obama, and Bill Clinton are bus-boys at a restaurant owned by the Koch brothers. Don't kid yourself. Big business and big money own this country. Government Sachs has turned this country into a bogus holding of Wall Street, something designed to absorb losses which result from the criminal risks taken by the puppet masters who fund elections and staff government.
This is much better conceptually. The wealthy buy pols and tell them what to do to keep the money rolling in. Look at Fannie/Freddie/Countrywide as examples. then the Savings & Loan bailout, then Solyndra et.al, how about TARP? This next election cycle could be interesting based on the outcomes in OH and WI.

News from The Associated Press

^If the AP and it's Children have their way... Maybe.

Whispers of a 3rd Party Run and Wire prominence hint that direction.

:)

peace...

If Dr. Paul refuses to step aside once he loses the GOP nomination race, then he will be proving only that he cares more about his ego than he does about his country.

He can't be that big of an asshole.

He CAN'T be that big of an Ego-maniacal putz.

If Dr. Paul refuses to step aside once he loses the GOP nomination race, then he will be proving only that he cares more about his ego than he does about his country.

Not if he thinks the person who is nominated isn't good for the country either.

If he decides to run, it will be for exactly the opposite reasons. I don't expect supporters of the unprincipled candidates to really get this.

Not if he thinks the person who is nominated isn't good for the country either.

Nonsense.

It would mean that the GOP candidate (in Paul's view) is no worse than President Obama. :cuckoo:

That kind of megalomania we can live without.

ANY GOP nominee (provided that it's not Huntsman) is clearly better than President Obama.

But, if Dr. Paul runs 3P, that has the significant potential to split the vote of President Obama's natural opponents. And that, in turn, could translate into another term for President Obama.

If Dr. Paul does that, he deserves to be figuratively horse-whipped.

If he proves to be that much of a self serving piece of shit, then fuck him.

If he decides to run, it will be for exactly the opposite reasons. I don't expect supporters of the unprincipled candidates to really get this.

If he runs 3P, it will be for the exact reasons I suggested. I don't expect most Paul supporters to have the ability to grasp the obvious.

If he runs 3P, it will be for the exact reasons I suggested. I don't expect most Paul supporters to have the ability to grasp the obvious.

I don't even know why we're talking about this, since he has repeatedly said he won't be running 3rd party.

He's not stupid. He knows how futile a 3rd party run would be. He also doesn't think very highly of the rest of the republican field, and why should he? What the fuck is good about any of them, in regards to the kind of conservative governing the republican party seems to want so badly and has been deprived of for so long?

Forum List

Back