Is Barry going to be Perot'd back into Office by Paul?...

While I think the Tea Baggers would run a third party candidate if Romney is the GOP candidate, I don't think it would be Paul

Cain is no more a Moron than Paul...

The Moron thing to do would be to run 3rd Party...

If Paul does it, it Garuntees Barry a 2nd Term.

That's a Fact.

:)

peace...

So? Obama is no worse or better than Mitt Romney would be. So why should any Ron Paul supporters, or Ron Paul himself, worry about whether him running third party would give Obama the election over a Republican that is no different than Obama?

However, I don't think Ron Paul will run third party if he doesn't win the nomination, but it's always funny to hear the press ask him and after he says "I have no plans to do that" or "It's not going to happen" they always say, "Well, there's Ron Paul leaving the door open for a third party run."

I know 3 people who voted for Obama who now want to vote for Ron Paul.

In the 2008 election Ron Paul ran in the general and was barely a speck on the radar screen.

I don't think that a 3rd party run from Paul will guarantee an Obama re-election.

Ron Paul did not run in the general election.

Cain is no more a Moron than Paul...

That's a Fact.

peace...

And why would Paul care about that so much.

He's not coming back to Congress, this is pretty much his swan song.

And frankly, if it's a choice between the Community Organizer, and the Weird Mormon Robot, Ron Paul for all his crazy would look a lot more attractive.

Paul has some of the best chances to beat Obama... Most can't see it because Paul is not a hack. Paul does something no other candidate does, he pulls an actual and meaningful % of Democrats, and Paul also owns the independent vote.

Before you tell me I’m full of shit, go up to your Democrat friends and ask them, “Would you Vote Paul or Obama if you had the real choice in 2012?” Watch as before your eyes Democrats suddenly convert to supporting one of the most conservative people Running for President. Then ask them Michele or Oabam, Cain or Obama... Santorum, Newt and so on....

If he got the GOP Nomination, I'd Vote for him...

If Runs Third, he's Handing the Presidency back to Barry.

peace...

You know I respect ya Mal, but I think you are off base on this.

In the 2008 election Ron Paul ran in the general and was barely a speck on the radar screen.

I don't think that a 3rd party run from Paul will guarantee an Obama re-election.

Ron Paul did not run in the general election.

In 2008? I believe that you are mistaken

(edited)

I just looked it up and sure enough, I cannot see any results for Ron Paul in the 2008 elections. OTOH, what about the people who claim that Libertarians take votes away from the GOP? Hmmm....

Last edited:
Paul is tied for 1st in Iowa in a few new polls. I wouldn't be talking about 3rd party runs just yet. If people could get behind a fucking moron like Cain, they can get behind Paul.

but they won't.

which should tell you just how crazy they think paul is.

Jill hates Paul because he is all the best parts of what Obama could only ever talk about doing.

I think the question here is, would the TEA Party or the conservative movement form a third party as a reaction to Romney being force-fed to the rank and file by the Washington Establishment, which is pretty much what they are trying to do.

And the answer is, "Maybe".

Frankly, I've always found the Establishment's affection for Romney puzzling. He's not really a conservative, he was a simply awful candidate in 2008, where he spent 109 million dollars (more than Huckabee and McCain combined) and came in third place. He's lost most of the elections he's ever run in, and the only time he won was when literally all the winds were blowing in the right direction.

Take his only real win, Governor of Massachusetts in 2002. All the winds were in his favor. He was at the height of his popularity due to his good rep from the Winter Olympics, the GOP was riding a wave Post-9/11 where the Democrats were afraid to seriously criticize them. He was running against a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien.

(How much of a non-entity was Shannon? Her Wiki entry only has three paragraphs and no picture.)

Shannon O'Brien - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He spent 7 million of his own money. And he still got less than 50% of the vote. He won, but only because the Green Party carried 4% of the vote.

I think the problem with the establishment is that they are more afraid of losing influence than they are of losing elections. A Cain or a Perry terrifies them because they are not one of their boys. Their phone calls won't get answered. They won't ask "how high" when they say "jump".

That's a Fact.

It's not a fact. It's your opinion and an assumption I would not necessarily make. Ron Paul has cross party appeal on some issues and he can pull disaffected voters from the left who are upset with the military spending, the corporate welfare, etc., basically everything Obama has failed them on.

In any case, it's highly unlikely he'll make a third party run in my opinion anyway.

Ron Paul did NOT officially run in the general in 2008. Some states had organizers independent of his campaign who got his name on their states' ballot but none of those initiatives were official, and Paul himself said he didn't mind as long as it was not presented as an official run on his part.

Otherwise, he was written in in most states.

Paul is tied for 1st in Iowa in a few new polls. I wouldn't be talking about 3rd party runs just yet. If people could get behind a fucking moron like Cain, they can get behind Paul.

but they won't.

which should tell you just how crazy they think paul is.

Jill, in Iowa they seem to be taking quite a liking to him.

And why not? They're starting to wake up to the fact that he's the only one who would actually come through on the REAL conservative issues.

Like him or not, at least you know he's real.

Paul has some of the best chances to beat Obama... Most can't see it because Paul is not a hack. Paul does something no other candidate does, he pulls an actual and meaningful % of Democrats, and Paul also owns the independent vote.

Before you tell me I’m full of shit, go up to your Democrat friends and ask them, “Would you Vote Paul or Obama if you had the real choice in 2012?” Watch as before your eyes Democrats suddenly convert to supporting one of the most conservative people Running for President. Then ask them Michele or Oabam, Cain or Obama... Santorum, Newt and so on....

If he got the GOP Nomination, I'd Vote for him...

If Runs Third, he's Handing the Presidency back to Barry.

peace...

Not that I'm in ANY way endorsing Obama, but what the fuck is the difference between Obama and any of the establishment republicans? Who's the last republican that didn't double cross the right and continue moving this country further to the left?

MAYBE Reagan, but he was not Jesus Christ of conservatism and you know it. At the end of the day, he spent too much.

After Perot, the Right no longer allows viable challenges to their institutional candidates - meaning: Paul will be prevented from making an Independent run. The nexus of power relationships inside movement conservatism will prevent it. They will get to him.

People need to realize how powerful their media and think tank universe is. People need to realize how powerful the Koch brothers are. If they want to stop Paul, they can. Movement conservatism has more financial, political, and media power than people realize. They are the most powerful, centralized force in the country.

The Right's success has been based partly on their ability to control the election process form the top down. This is why Big Government Lobbying groups like "Freedom Works" now have so much influence within the Tea Party. They simply won't allow the Tea Party to harm the next election or criticize the next Republican president. Once Romney wins the White House, the Tea Party will be transformed from critics of Washington into party Apparatchiks - functionaries which protect big government conservatism and the defense/oil/pharmaceutical/health-care interests which run it. Neither Ron Paul nor the Tea Party, nor any collection of interests will get in the way of the next election or the next GOP president. Did anyone see what Bush was able to accomplish with far less congressional power than Obama? Bush started 2 unfunded wars (which were disasters) and passed the largest, most costly entitlement legislation since LBJ passed Medicare. (And the powers inside the movement had the media power to cover it up, e.g., do any right wing pundits mention Medicare Part D? Does the Tea Party even know that their party's expanded the entitlement system more than Carter,Clinton, Obama? My point: the original poster doesn't even realize that his party spends more of crooked entitlements than the Left. Meaning: movement conservatism is so powerful that they control the facts he has access to. Therefore, controlling Ron Paul will not be a problem )

People don't get it: big government conservatism is the most powerful force in American history. It shredded the Constitution with the Patriot Act, and it created the largest, most wasteful, most unaccountable government bureaucracy in history with Homeland Security.

Movement Conservatism owns Washington. It represents the special interest take over of the American political system. Ron Paul will not be allowed to challenge it. Trust me. President Romney will bring back the War on Terrorism, and FOX will oblige with color coded terror alerts - and the country will once again be bankrupted by the Rightwing National Security State . . .complete with invented cave dwellers from far away mud holes .

Granted, Paul is the best candidate in the field - because he is not owned by Wall Street, big oil, or big pharma - but unlike Nadar he will not be allowed to challenge leadership. Say what you want about the Right, but don't believe for a minute that they will allow rebellion from below. They are the most tightly controlled top-down political force this country has ever seen. They convert big business profits into political and media outcomes with more efficiency than any political force in world history. They have owned the country for the last 3 decades. They owned Clinton and they own Obama. They controlled Obama when he had the largest congressional majorities in recent memory. They run the country regardless of who is in the White House. Ron Paul, Obama, and Bill Clinton are bus-boys at a restaurant owned by the Koch brothers. Don't kid yourself. Big business and big money own this country. Government Sachs has turned this country into a bogus holding of Wall Street, something designed to absorb losses which result from the criminal risks taken by the puppet masters who fund elections and staff government.

Last edited:
LOL, it doesn't matter if the skinny wall street puppet Obama is president or the fat old citizen Cain is elected. They're both the same. OMG Ron Paul, run!

How's that?

Because there isn't a a dimes difference between their foreign policy aspirations. To maintain the current quality of life that their constituency is used to, all candidates, except Paul, believe that the United States should remain an expanding hegemonic empire exerting it political and military influence beyond the ME and into central Asia. Continuous, unending wars of eastern expansion are the key to continuing American prosperity and unchecked domination by our allies for the next 100 years. Yes, their social and fiscal policies will differ, but all candidates will continue to divide the masses with imbecilic, divisive and unimportant debates (in the greater scheme of things) like abortion, gay marriage, and OMG RICH PEOPLE, while ignoring the core problems that the real American faces on a daily basis such as: hunger, unemployment, high taxes, and even the gestapo run police state. Any carrot these idiots dangle in front of us like a tax cut, or some kind of fiscal reform will be useless because they won't go far enough to address the real problems.

Thanks for answering...in many ways, I agree.

Forum List

Back