Is Atheism a Religion or a severe mental disorder?

Not to mention some progressives talk about global warming and how it may eventually kill us all.

And of course GW is allegedly brought on by technology and man-made pollution; so atheists have a lot more to fear about science than they do religion.
This is another reason people need to stop thinking religiously. They think whatever happens is God's will. The bible doesn't foresee greenhouse gas being our ending so not to fear.

And while you're sitting around ignorantly selfishly worrying about your soul we are worrying about the planet and the human race.

Religion has held us back thousands of years.

All you have to see is how Islam and Mormons bullshit is holding those people back. They are following a lie and you know it.

But your religions real. Lol

Violence and killing is a main theme in your God book.

Yes, we already know cupcake you failed history.

View attachment 76041

If you need religion and threats of eternal damnation to have morals, you aren't a good person to begin with. I totally believe that.

Your lack of faith doesn't harm me, just as my faith doesn't harm you. Once we establish that we do have our personal beliefs, why can't we all be satisfied with that?
Hobby Lobby, abortion, stem cell research, evolution, global warming, science, facts, reality.

Thanks for the list, but none of those things do you actual harm. You just want to use your assumptions about those issues to batter those who believe differently than you.

View attachment 76041

If you need religion and threats of eternal damnation to have morals, you aren't a good person to begin with. I totally believe that.

Your lack of faith doesn't harm me, just as my faith doesn't harm you. Once we establish that we do have our personal beliefs, why can't we all be satisfied with that?

I believe that has already been covered in this thread.

Of course. But, you can't accept it.

View attachment 76041

Hobby Lobby, abortion, stem cell research, evolution, global warming, science, facts, reality.

Thanks for the list, but none of those things do you actual harm. You just want to use your assumptions about those issues to batter those who believe differently than you.
A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. I truly think it's holding us back in every way possible. It makes us dumb and easily manipulated. It's divisive and so obviously a tool used to control the masses.

I can look at one person and say yes I see how religion can be good. But as a species I think it's not good for us.

One day when no one takes the bible Koran book of Mormons literally we will be a much smarter people and much better off

View attachment 76041

When Islam and the bible belt chill out we'll chill.

View attachment 76041

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. I truly think it's holding us back in every way possible. It makes us dumb and easily manipulated. It's divisive and so obviously a tool used to control the masses.

I can look at one person and say yes I see how religion can be good. But as a species I think it's not good for us.

One day when no one takes the bible Koran book of Mormons literally we will be a much smarter people and much better off

So, the world will not be a better place and people are not smarter unless they believe as you do. That's the first step down the road to intolerance, that which you claim to condemn.

View attachment 76041

You should chill unless you can demonstrate that YOU are harmed by someone else's faith.

So, the world will not be a better place and people are not smarter unless they believe as you do. That's the first step down the road to intolerance, that which you claim to condemn.
Not me. When I see a religious person in person I never tell them what I believe. No good will ever come of that. I've done that to one friend who's a devout Catholic and never do that again. People gotta figure it out on their own. That's why the internet is great. Normally a 20 year old in the past would get easily sucked into a religion without having the benefit of Google. People are getting to smart for that shit.

Im only militant here. In person I might feel you out to see what your faith is and if I could tell you were a true believer ID back off.

I had a Muslim drive me 4 hours. I didn't dare tell him I don't believe.

I told a Chaldean once at the gym and he was frazzled I would even consider it.

I leave stupid alone but here they are asking for it.

And if they are confident they should just feel sorry for me. But I never get that vibe.

If atheism and science are religions my bibles are the two Cosmos series with Sagan and Tyson. Screw the holy books watch these.

And if you'd rather read it you can find the transcripts per episode. Internet's amazing

You should chill unless you can demonstrate that YOU are harmed by someone else's faith.
Stem cell research. Nancy Reagan started endorsing it when all other Republicans were condemning it. Why? Because she knew it could potentially help people going through what old Ronny was going through.

Unlike the politicians pandering for the religious right vote. Someone I love is going through what old Ronnie was going through so I do believe this ignorance has caused me personal suffering. That's OK though because we are becoming a less religious/superstitious people.

This is just one example. How many of my tax dollars go to fight radical Islam which is another great example of bad religion

On another thread Christians are asking if murdering abortion doctors is their moral duty. Get over your sensitivity. You want a lie to go unchecked. Enoughs enough. If you want to go somewhere everyone agrees with you go to your church. The minute you put that religion out there expect ridicule.

For thousands of years theists stifled free speech. Can't stifle the truth any longer

Atheism is not a religion:

re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    • a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
    • a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
synonyms: faith, belief,

Fail.

I believe and have faith that there's no Easter bunny. Do you call that a religion?

Atheism can't be a religion because nobody collect money off of them once a week.

:thanks:

This is a message board. I think you need to chill. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen! :2up:

Not me. When I see a religious person in person I never tell them what I believe. No good will ever come of that. I've done that to one friend who's a devout Catholic and never do that again. People gotta figure it out on their own. That's why the internet is great. Normally a 20 year old in the past would get easily sucked into a religion without having the benefit of Google. People are getting to smart for that shit.

Im only militant here. In person I might feel you out to see what your faith is and if I could tell you were a true believer ID back off.

And if they are confident they should just feel sorry for me. But I never get that vibe.

Ahh ...but it is just the opposite now, 20 year olds get converted to your Atheist religion by preachers like you.

I still don't get why thinking about something you say don't exsist consumes your entire life...

Ahh ...but it is just the opposite now, 20 year olds get converted to your Atheist religion by preachers like you.

I still don't get why thinking about something you say don't exsist consumes your entire life...

It only consumes my USMB life. It's one of the 3 things I love to talk about and those are the three things you aren't supposed to talk about. Politics, Religion and Race.

I hate the GOP but it doesn't consume my life. Just my USMB life and maybe sometimes at family functions. I hate racists and I hate how unsafe Detroit is and I think blacks need to clean up their act, but it doesn't consume my life. And I think Religion is a scourge on our society but it doesn't really bother me when I'm out walking around. In fact at my company all month no one mentioned god once. Neither did any of my friends or people I run into out in public. For the most people keep that shit to themselves.

I wonder who's using religion to divide us? Who's riling up the evangelicals?

The Moral Majority was a prominent American political organization associated with the Christian right and Republican Party. It was founded in 1979 by Baptist minister Jerry Falwell and associates, and dissolved in the late 1980s.

Christian right or religious right is a term used - mainly in the United States - to label right-wing Christian political factions that are characterized by their strong support of socially conservative policies.

It's one of the 3 things I love to talk about and those are the three things you aren't supposed to talk about. Politics, Religion and Race.

Heh... love it. This is basically a personal motto of mine.

It's one of the 3 things I love to talk about and those are the three things you aren't supposed to talk about. Politics, Religion and Race.

I just can't believe theists can't understand why we have a problem with them not thinking logically rationally or critically.

Blos my mind their cognitive dissonance does.

I just can't believe theists can't understand why we have a problem with them not thinking logically rationally or critically.

Blos my mind their cognitive dissonance does.
Atheism is easily destroyed on logical grounds

Atheists very rarely thing logically, they confuse repeating "scientific consensus" with logical thought; "science" is simply their replacement for a catholic Catechism.

Atheists however can't "prove" that there is no reason to believe something outside of scientific consensus; they simply accept this view based on blind faith.

Atheism can't be a religion because nobody collect money off of them once a week.

:thanks:
They spend their time and money on the inventions of "science", whether pharmaceutical drugs, gadgets, or other things they feel will "save" them from fleshly pain, only to realize it never will since the master of the material world they worship is actually the devil.

Forum List

Back