Irony is a Cruel Mistress: The Koch Bros & WI State Retirement Fund

I just can't comprehend the irony.

That the unions get more money as the Koch brothers company profits more. Less Koch profits means less money for union members. Yet, union members rip them.

Kinda like how employees of a private company will harshly hate the boss and CEO......although they make more if the company does well.

They are the reason the company makes any money at all. All company profits are made with their sweat and blood.

Spoken like a born bottom-runger. "I'm the only one around here who really works. This company would go bankrupt without me." And then he pushes his wheeled mop bucket on to the next room.

I just can't comprehend the irony.

That the unions get more money as the Koch brothers company profits more. Less Koch profits means less money for union members. Yet, union members rip them.

Kinda like how employees of a private company will harshly hate the boss and CEO......although they make more if the company does well.

They are the reason the company makes any money at all. All company profits are made with their sweat and blood.
Tell ya what...

You write up the bids, you carry the insurance, you pay off the workman's comp racketeers, you pull the permits, you deal with nitpicking dipshit building officials...Then you can come around and tell us all how easy the generals have it.

Working with your mind instead of your muscles always looks easy to those who don't spend much time thinking.

The company wouldn't exist w/o the workers either. Or do you suppose the CEO is going to run all the machines and drive all the trucks himself? Haven't you ever seen the TV show "Undercover Boss"? Those CEO's are real pricks until they actually go out and do some work. Then they screw up the jobs and end up crying like babies. That's reality my friend.

If all the CEO's in this country called in sick tomorrow... who would notice? If all of the wage slaves called in sick tomorrow, this country would grind to an effing halt.

Who would notice if all the CEO's in the country called in sick tomorrow? Anyone who needed a decision made.

Because that is the problem... they generally DON'T make more when the company does well... and they see the executives getting six & seven figure bonuses and the CEO's being paid millions. Where have you been? Pay attention!

I currently get a monthly bonus.

One of my jobs my pay was tied to how well I did, and we got quartly bonuses if the company did well.

you are, once again, exposed as a moron.

Well, see the janitors and file clerks and such don't usually get quarterly bonuses, so honestly, how could you expect him to know about that stuff?

The vitriol from protesting Wisconsin workers towards the Kochs emerged quickly and intensely. Signs ranging between lame and vulgar (often both) dot the public-union marches.

But what the protesters don’t realize is that they actually have a reason to root for the Koch brothers.

According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect.

So here’s the challenge: Explain to a Wisconsin state worker that they are the ones helping fund the Koch brothers. Then sit back and watch the fun.
Wisconsin State Employees Should Have Some Koch and Smile - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online
How can this be true? GOP hate media has been telling us, to stoke class envy between the taxpayer and the public sector unions, that the poor taxpayer funds the Cadillac retirement package of the public sector unions. And now you let it slip that the 5% of their salary that the union pays towards their retirement gets invested in a fund that includes Koch Industries and their Cadillac benefits are paid from the return on that investment and not on taxes collected from the underpaid nonunion workers.

Again, how can this be? We know that GOP hate media never lies. But then again your source is also the GOP hate media. How can they contradict themselves from one day to the next and not expect their sheep to catch them??????? :cuckoo:
Oh wait, never mind. :rofl:

Epic post! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

But if all the CEOs and Directors decided to call in sick for a month or two, the companies would be gone and then the country would not only grind to a halt, but it would be down for the count.

No it wouldn't. Small businesses would take over and fill in. Then there would be real competition... 100 vs 1 or 2. And what would happen if the wage slaves called in sick for a month or two?

Didn't you know, dumbass? Small businesses wouldn't exist, either, because THEY have CEOs too, and they were included in that whole "sick-out" thing. I know, I know, in your fevered leftist imaginings, the only CEOs in the US are heading up Fortune 500 companies.

Besides, believe it or not, small businesses can't function effectively without those big corporations . . . unless you think the nation would be thriving by being busted back to the 19th century.

No, wait, even THAT wouldn't work, because there were still corporations then, and small businesses still needed them.

One of my jobs my pay was tied to how well I did, and we got quartly bonuses if the company did well.

Most people do not get a monthly bonus, idiot. Most just get a salary (or hourly) and a cost of living raise (if they're lucky). Only the higher-ups get bonuses. I am referring to people in the front lines.

And if the business doesn't do well, some of those people aren't getting a salary or wage any more, because they're now unemployed. Those who DON'T lose their jobs are worse off, because NOW they have to do their jobs PLUS shoulder part of the burden of the jobs that used to be done by their laid-off co-workers, and they aren't getting a raise for it.

Whether or not the people "on the front lines" get bonuses depends entirely on what kind of business it is. My roommate and husband both work for the same telecommunications company, and they are part of the "front lines", and they still get performance bonuses.

Tell ya what...

You write up the bids, you carry the insurance, you pay off the workman's comp racketeers, you pull the permits, you deal with nitpicking dipshit building officials...Then you can come around and tell us all how easy the generals have it.

And if that ain't enough, as a small business owner.. try dealing with the endless worker squabbles, working Mom issues, employees with health or family issues, trying to keep benefits going even though the price goes up and up, ever increasing liability and omissions and errors insurance costs, endless regulations.... geeze, the HIRE act alone cost us a bundle in consulting costs to modify the payroll software.

These folks have no ideas the hoops employers go through to keep a business afloat and at the same time, keep employees EMPLOYED.

Nope, easier to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks.

Oh, ain't THAT the truth. I was talking in my thread about my fledgling business where I'm thinking about investigating whether or not ulcer treatments can be claimed as a tax-deductible business expense. Or possibly my antacid purchases. I don't imagine the stress and hassle lessens as the company grows.

Hmmmm It seems this is completely correctable.

I would not be surprized if this money get moved out of Koch investments by order of the people who are investing, you know the teachers, nurses, cops, fireman and the like who did not know until recently that Koch are their enemy by choice.

It seems Koch wants their investors with no money to invest in them, BAD business practices.

I would be VERY surprised if they moved it, although if the individual workers are that stupid, they deserve whatever they get. Georgia Pacific is a very successful and profitable company (which I assume is why the fund manager invested in it in the first place), and it would be foolish in the extreme to reject that investment due to hysteria over propaganda.

Because that is the problem... they generally DON'T make more when the company does well... and they see the executives getting six & seven figure bonuses and the CEO's being paid millions. Where have you been? Pay attention!

Well, see the janitors and file clerks and such don't usually get quarterly bonuses, so honestly, how could you expect him to know about that stuff?

I can see how a janitor/clerk would have a near impossible time earning a bonus, but if you bust your ass and become the best at the company, you get a raise.

Unless it's a union shop. People that bust thier asses get told to cut it out or get their asses kicked.

But if all the CEOs and Directors decided to call in sick for a month or two, the companies would be gone and then the country would not only grind to a halt, but it would be down for the count.

No it wouldn't. Small businesses would take over and fill in. Then there would be real competition... 100 vs 1 or 2. And what would happen if the wage slaves called in sick for a month or two?

Small businesses have CEOs too.

I don't know why this is ignored by people such as yourself.

Because their only experience with CEOs and the running of businesses is from watching movies. In the movies, all CEOs are Gordon Gecko types.

It's not ignored, he honestly has no idea.

I am not a "he" and there is a very big difference between the CEO of a small, local company and a multinational like Wal-Mart.

Doesn't matter, putz. You said, "All the CEOs", and that would include the ones who head up small businesses. Just because YOU thought CEOs were all rich fatcats in $3000 suits doesn't make it reality.

Heck, if i were a small business i'd jump at the chance to fill the void.

Of course, then Peepers would consider me big business and demand that I fail because I am not able to help more customers with quality goods and services.

No, I would happily support you, like I do all my local businesses.
Y'ever stop and think about how many small businesses are supplied by big businesses?

From whom do you think the 3-man painting business buys several hundred gallons of paint, to do a hotel project?

From whom does your small local restaurant purchase their food service staples and equipment?

There's a reason why employees never advance from being employees.

And while we're on the subject, who do they think BRINGS all the stuff that small business buys to operate? Why, big transportation companies. Who do they think is providing the utilities in that small business's building? The fuel to run the vehicles that ship all their products? The construction materials the building is made out of?

Even if you could get small businesses to provide every single one of the things needed to run another small business on a daily basis, it would drive up the prices so much that no one would be able to afford them. And if they did, the businesses providing them would be big, eeee-vil corporations in no time because of the demand. That IS how big corporations got started in the first place.

Im pro corporation and everything but the wealth gap has to brought down quite a bit. The disparity is much too great.

Are you going to be the one to define how much is too great?

This line of thinking always perplexes me. You want to limit success? That seems anti-American.

The vitriol from protesting Wisconsin workers towards the Kochs emerged quickly and intensely. Signs ranging between lame and vulgar (often both) dot the public-union marches.

But what the protesters don’t realize is that they actually have a reason to root for the Koch brothers.

According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect.

So here’s the challenge: Explain to a Wisconsin state worker that they are the ones helping fund the Koch brothers. Then sit back and watch the fun.

Wisconsin State Employees Should Have Some Koch and Smile - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online

Thank you for this thread Oddball. It is a gem. :clap2:

Reminds me of the condescending "Vegan" who wears leather shoes (a poor cow had to die!) , and uses electricty (even though the hydro electric dams that create the electricity kill innocent fish!) .....as they put "honey" in their cup of "fair trade tea" (even though billions of innocent bees are harmed when filthy humans "steal" the bee's honey).......

I can see how a janitor/clerk would have a near impossible time earning a bonus, but if you bust your ass and become the best at the company, you get a raise.

Unless it's a union shop. People that bust thier asses get told to cut it out or get their asses kicked.

I had that happen when I worked at the US Postal Service, believe it or not. I worked in mail forwarding, which is basically just 8+ hours a day sitting at a sorting machine, typing. My supervisors loved me, because I type 110 wpm with virtually no mistakes, and I never needed to be switched over to the non-typing jobs to give my hands a break, so the work got done measurably faster after they added me to the department. The union rep for our department and several of my co-workers, however, told me on numerous occasions that I should slow down, because I was raising the bar too high for everyone else AND I was cutting into the amount of overtime they were used to getting.

I'm wondering who these liberals are that are railing against the Koch brothers profits? Do they have a name? Anyone?
Been living under a rock?

Yes...

do these liberals have a name or somewhere where I can find a quote? Because I've never heard of anyone saying the Koch brothers were wrong for making a profit

Can anyone tell me...I think Oddball is outraged at imaginary ppl but thats just me. Did any liberals rail against profits or is that made up?

Forum List

Back