Irony is a Cruel Mistress: The Koch Bros & WI State Retirement Fund

do teachers even know what the Pension Fiduciary invests in Oddball?

I know the pension fund in Florida had invested in Enron and lost their asses when it went belly up, but if memory serves the florida workers did not even know that the fiduciary of their pensions was investing in it...

I don't believe it is like a 401k where you know where the money is invested? But I could be wrong, because I have never worked for any company that gave a fixed pension at retirement....or at least not long enough to qualify for their pensions if they had one....

No, liberals love profits. They've just decided who can have them and what should be done with them

So, why would the OP make that suggestion and why would so many agree with him, if its not true? I'm not understanding this place at all

Koch supports free-enterprise initiatives, something the left has made no secret about wanting to destroy

That their union benefits are linked to Koch success is just sweet irony

If you really have not been following the left attacks CLICK

Fink said the prank by blogger Ian Murphy was not an isolated act. "This is not just left-wing bloggers. This is part of an orchestrated campaign that has been going on for many months. It involves the Obama administration, the Center for American Progress, aligned left-wing groups, and their friends in the media. This is just the latest salvo in their attacks on the Koch brothers and Koch Industries. But it is an escalation — they’re now bringing in some labor groups, which they have not done before. We expect this to be part of an ongoing effort against (Koch Industries) as the 2012 presidential campaign approaches.”

Denial....Not just a river in Egypt.

oh but it does matter a lot, because that was the whole basis of your OP. Now you are just punting and back pedaling...
I'm backpedaling on nothing.

If there were a shred of intellectual honesty in the ranks of the barking moonbats in Madison, they'd be demanding that their pension fund divest itself of all investment in Koch Industries....But there isn't, so they won't.

well go around and ask them and i am sure they will...Yes you are back pedaling and punting. You are hanging your hat on 5.5 million out of 18 billion. They dont owe the kock's shit.

You literally have nothing.
No, literally nothing would be $0.00, rather than $5.5 million.

You've been listening to that douchebag Hannity too long.

I just can't comprehend the irony.

That the unions get more money as the Koch brothers company profits more. Less Koch profits means less money for union members. Yet, union members rip them.

Kinda like how employees of a private company will harshly hate the boss and CEO......although they make more if the company does well.

They are the reason the company makes any money at all. All company profits are made with their sweat and blood.

The company is the reason you have enough money for a computer and internet connection to make that crappy post......

IOW, you're in total denial that the Koch brothers are one of the moonbat left's latest stalking horse boogermen.

'Nuf said.

Geez, you never answer a direct question....I think it's unfair to say an entire political faction thinks *blank* based on one sign held by....someone. Was that even a democrat? or just someone with a bone to pick with Koch?

No, liberals love profits. They've just decided who can have them and what should be done with them

So, why would the OP make that suggestion and why would so many agree with him, if its not true? I'm not understanding this place at all

Koch supports free-enterprise initiatives, something the left has made no secret about wanting to destroy

I know what Koch supports but I'm looking for the liberals that dont like profits and do they hold a position of power or is it some guy with a sign somewhere

No one is against free-enterprise. Simply suggesting such is assinine. It's like someone saying they are for freedom. No one wants to "destroy free-enterprise" and even if they do, people in hell want ice water...but it aint gonna happen. Ever

Since when did you need *all* of them pissing and moaning about the Kochs, for them to be a favorite punching bag of a vast number-cum-majority of leftist wackjobs?

More importantly, when do THESE wackjobs require ALL of the right to espouse an attitude or opinion before they try to tar them all with the same brush? I seem to recall just over a month ago, the ENTIRE conservative movement and specifically the Tea Party were getting excoriated for the shooting here in Tucson, and there's never even been any evidence the gunman was associated with the right at all.

But now, NOW we need 100% lockstep agreement before we can say a word? Yeah, right.

That's always been the conundrum with ESOP's. Yeah, when the company stock goes up, your assets value goes up. But when the company stock goes up due to outsourcing and layoffs, you're unemployed and realizing you'll never own enough stock to pay the rent. Then the bastards get busted for financial skullduggery and your assets are worth zilch after the big boys have converted all theirs into cash by selling their exercised options to your pension fund.

Fink said the prank by blogger Ian Murphy was not an isolated act. "This is not just left-wing bloggers. This is part of an orchestrated campaign that has been going on for many months. It involves the Obama administration, the Center for American Progress, aligned left-wing groups, and their friends in the media. This is just the latest salvo in their attacks on the Koch brothers and Koch Industries. But it is an escalation — they’re now bringing in some labor groups, which they have not done before. We expect this to be part of an ongoing effort against (Koch Industries) as the 2012 presidential campaign approaches.”
Denial....Not just a river in Egypt.
Koch executive Fink has spoken, that settles it. It's an Obama conspiracy! :cuckoo: :rofl:

The vitriol from protesting Wisconsin workers towards the Kochs emerged quickly and intensely. Signs ranging between lame and vulgar (often both) dot the public-union marches.

But what the protesters don’t realize is that they actually have a reason to root for the Koch brothers.

According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect.

So here’s the challenge: Explain to a Wisconsin state worker that they are the ones helping fund the Koch brothers. Then sit back and watch the fun.

Wisconsin State Employees Should Have Some Koch and Smile - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online
Here's Another Fun Challenge

Pick the Banker:

"Bob, Frank and Freddie all bought identical houses in the same neighborhood in 2004. Each man paid $300,000 for his home.

"Bob paid the whole $300,000 in cash. Frank put down 10% (or $30,000) and took out a $270,000 mortgage. Freddie paid $0-down on a 100% mortgage.

"In 2005, home prices rose by 10% which means that Bob made 10% (or $30,000) on his original investment. Frank made 100% on the $30,000 he put down. Freddie made the biggest windfall of all--he made $30,000 in 'pure profit'.

Question: Which one these three men is most likely to be the banker?"

Hint: Bankers don't like risking their capital because it limits profits.

The CON$ervative Brotherhood is jealous of the fact that the Left are better at Capitalism then they are.
The Left are more financially successful than the Right, and rather than work as hard as the the Left, the Right wing slackers simply declare themselves as Capitalists and the more productive Left as anti-Capitalist. Mission accomplished without a lick of work!!! :lol:

Last edited:
$5.5 million isn't literally nothing, which is $0.00.

Nonetheless, the people that a bunch of the nincompoop protesters are railing against are actually growing their pension fund.

yeah you keep on saying that and trying to be literal. Good for you. You know exactly what i am saying about the 5.5 million.

growing it? sure, but its not like the amount is really worth much.

I mean at anytime feel free to admit you are wrong and you can stop the back pedal.

the amount is worth 5.5MM.

are you bill gates?

The vitriol from protesting Wisconsin workers towards the Kochs emerged quickly and intensely. Signs ranging between lame and vulgar (often both) dot the public-union marches.

But what the protesters don’t realize is that they actually have a reason to root for the Koch brothers.

According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect.

So here’s the challenge: Explain to a Wisconsin state worker that they are the ones helping fund the Koch brothers. Then sit back and watch the fun.

Wisconsin State Employees Should Have Some Koch and Smile - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online

This is silly. That's like saying the employees should root for smoking since they own tobacco, hospital and pharmaceutical stocks.

This is silly. That's like saying the employees should root for smoking since they own tobacco, hospital and pharmaceutical stocks.
Well, politicians and bureaucrats nag us not to smoke, all while imposing draconian taxes on tobacco, ostensibly meant to fund all sorts of do-gooder programs for the sainted chiiilllldrrreeennn.

So, I guess it only follows.

Forum List

Back