Irony is a Cruel Mistress: The Koch Bros & WI State Retirement Fund

I'm wondering who these liberals are that are railing against the Koch brothers profits? Do they have a name? Anyone?

Heck, if i were a small business i'd jump at the chance to fill the void.

Of course, then Peepers would consider me big business and demand that I fail because I am not able to help more customers with quality goods and services.

No, I would happily support you, like I do all my local businesses.
Y'ever stop and think about how many small businesses are supplied by big businesses?

From whom do you think the 3-man painting business buys several hundred gallons of paint, to do a hotel project?

From whom does your small local restaurant purchase their food service staples and equipment?

There's a reason why employees never advance from being employees.

I am fine where I am in life. I have no desire to live to work, not even a little bit. I have a just fine piece of the pie, thank you very much. This is about unions and employees on the front lines, not my working experience. I love how you use food as an insult, as my brother is a chef. Asshole.

So you denegrate those who do????

Thats exactly why the rich are where they are..... 99.9% of them actually had to earn it.

Oh, and about the burger.... Im sorry, is your brother done with it yet?

Im hungry damn it! Im in a hurry... got to get to work ASAP!

My head is still spinning. Now, somehow, asking for a burger insults her brother the "chef" I bet chefs eat hamburgers too. Wow.

Chefs compete to see who has the best burger. I think the top reward is $50k.

I just can't comprehend the irony.

That the unions get more money as the Koch brothers company profits more. Less Koch profits means less money for union members. Yet, union members rip them.

Kinda like how employees of a private company will harshly hate the boss and CEO......although they make more if the company does well.

They are the reason the company makes any money at all. All company profits are made with their sweat and blood.
Tell ya what...

You write up the bids, you carry the insurance, you pay off the workman's comp racketeers, you pull the permits, you deal with nitpicking dipshit building officials...Then you can come around and tell us all how easy the generals have it.

Yes Odd-Dude, I'm sure you're frustrated by the process, and that offers some explanaton for your disdain for the process but not the hate you seem to hold for the people. The reason for the process may escape you, or more likely you chose to omit the reason contractors are required to bid, carry insurance, pull permits and the like. It's because some contractors are crooks, they lie, cheat, steal and fire employees who are hurt on the job. Inspectors make sure the workmanship and materials meet the standards, otherwise the temptation by some in your industry to increase profits by substandard work, sometimes creating health and safety issues, would be common.

That said going after the people and not working with local government to fix the problems is foolish. You think (excuse the slip) you believe the process is slow now, wait until a really pissed off clerk and every government employee employs slow-play. You and others cheering this overreach by the GOP will be livid, and the GOP will feel the that frustration come 2012.

The company wouldn't exist w/o the workers either. Or do you suppose the CEO is going to run all the machines and drive all the trucks himself? Haven't you ever seen the TV show "Undercover Boss"? Those CEO's are real pricks until they actually go out and do some work. Then they screw up the jobs and end up crying like babies. That's reality my friend.

If all the CEO's in this country called in sick tomorrow... who would notice? If all of the wage slaves called in sick tomorrow, this country would grind to an effing halt.

Then all of your retirement funds would go up in smoke. Try finding someone else to support your sorry ass for all those retirement years.

Are you that clueless? Nothing will "go up in smoke" if the company is following the law.

Employee Retirement Income Security Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And as for "someone else supporting my sorry ass" allow me to educate you once again.....

PENSIONS ARE EARNED, THEY ARE NOT WELFARE.

Class dismissed.

They are the reason the company makes any money at all. All company profits are made with their sweat and blood.
Tell ya what...

You write up the bids, you carry the insurance, you pay off the workman's comp racketeers, you pull the permits, you deal with nitpicking dipshit building officials...Then you can come around and tell us all how easy the generals have it.

Yes Odd-Dude, I'm sure you're frustrated by the process, and that offers some explanaton for your disdain for the process but not the hate you seem to hold for the people. The reason for the process may escape you, or more likely you chose to omit the reason contractors are required to bid, carry insurance, pull permits and the like. It's because some contractors are crooks, they lie, cheat, steal and fire employees who are hurt on the job. Inspectors make sure the workmanship and materials meet the standards, otherwise the temptation by some in your industry to increase profits by substandard work, sometimes creating health and safety issues, would be common.

That said going after the people and not working with local government to fix the problems is foolish. You think (excuse the slip) you believe the process is slow now, wait until a really pissed off clerk and every government employee employs slow-play. You and others cheering this overreach by the GOP will be livid, and the GOP will feel the that frustration come 2012.
Deflection from the fact that a lot of employees haven't the slightest clue as to what contractors go through, before those know-it-all employees come to the scene to tell them how best to run their businesses.

Of course, you yourself wouldn't have the vaguest notion where to start in getting a construction business up and running, so your argument form ignorance is entirely irrelevant.

Last edited:
The vitriol from protesting Wisconsin workers towards the Kochs emerged quickly and intensely. Signs ranging between lame and vulgar (often both) dot the public-union marches.

But what the protesters don’t realize is that they actually have a reason to root for the Koch brothers.

According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect.

So here’s the challenge: Explain to a Wisconsin state worker that they are the ones helping fund the Koch brothers. Then sit back and watch the fun.
Wisconsin State Employees Should Have Some Koch and Smile - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online
How can this be true? GOP hate media has been telling us, to stoke class envy between the taxpayer and the public sector unions, that the poor taxpayer funds the Cadillac retirement package of the public sector unions. And now you let it slip that the 5% of their salary that the union pays towards their retirement gets invested in a fund that includes Koch Industries and their Cadillac benefits are paid from the return on that investment and not on taxes collected from the underpaid nonunion workers.

Again, how can this be? We know that GOP hate media never lies. But then again your source is also the GOP hate media. How can they contradict themselves from one day to the next and not expect their sheep to catch them??????? :cuckoo:
Oh wait, never mind. :rofl:

But if all the CEOs and Directors decided to call in sick for a month or two, the companies would be gone and then the country would not only grind to a halt, but it would be down for the count.

No it wouldn't. Small businesses would take over and fill in. Then there would be real competition... 100 vs 1 or 2. And what would happen if the wage slaves called in sick for a month or two?

Makes sense to me. Let's say GM, Chrysler, and Ford guys all called in sick for months. Yeah, I can imagine all those small business automobile manufacturing companies taking over and filling in.

Tell ya what...

Deflection from the fact that a lot of employees haven't the slightest clue as to what contractors go through, before those know-it-all employees come to the scene to tell them how best to run their businesses.

Of course, you yourself wouldn't have the vaguest notion where to start, in getting a construction business up and running, so your argument form ignorance is entirely irrelevant.

Your arrogance is duly noted. For several years I was detailed to manage a jail, not a job I enjoyed, I was lucky and promoted out of it after a few years. I worked with contractors. I have a pretty good idea of their problems and the problems they can and do create. I also dealt with my share of worker's comp issues, usually the same guy always got 'hurt' and typically the injury was to soft tissue and needed Chiropractic treatments.

However, as usual you missed the entire point, responded hysterically, and went the Red Herring route. Next time the inspector comes by tell him to go fuck himself and you know your business better than he. It'll make you feel good and give all those guys working for you a nice unpaid vacation.

Last edited:
Projecting your emotions upon others again, I see...:lol::lol::lol:

Supervising a jail is as far from building a hotel as New York is from Hong Kong, Vermin.

Managing a jail is not supervising a three man crew putting paint on a wall, moron. There are more standards in jail construction and reconstruction then in any flea bag hotel which might hire a ne'er do well such as Odd-Dude.

The vitriol from protesting Wisconsin workers towards the Kochs emerged quickly and intensely. Signs ranging between lame and vulgar (often both) dot the public-union marches.

But what the protesters don’t realize is that they actually have a reason to root for the Koch brothers.

According to the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB), the Wisconsin Retirement System owns $5.5 million in Georgia Pacific corporate bonds. (Georgia Pacific is owned by Koch Industries.) This is the retirement system in which the overwhelming majority of state and local employees participate. These are the pension benefits that public employees are trying so hard to protect.

So here’s the challenge: Explain to a Wisconsin state worker that they are the ones helping fund the Koch brothers. Then sit back and watch the fun.
Wisconsin State Employees Should Have Some Koch and Smile - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online
How can this be true? GOP hate media has been telling us, to stoke class envy between the taxpayer and the public sector unions, that the poor taxpayer funds the Cadillac retirement package of the public sector unions. And now you let it slip that the 5% of their salary that the union pays towards their retirement gets invested in a fund that includes Koch Industries and their Cadillac benefits are paid from the return on that investment and not on taxes collected from the underpaid nonunion workers.

Again, how can this be? We know that GOP hate media never lies. But then again your source is also the GOP hate media. How can they contradict themselves from one day to the next and not expect their sheep to catch them??????? :cuckoo:

Excellent post edthecynic, worth bumping over and over so even the dullest and most willfully ignorant members of the echo chamber may obsorb your well stated point.

Last edited:
Projecting your emotions upon others again, I see...:lol::lol::lol:

Supervising a jail is as far from building a hotel as New York is from Hong Kong, Vermin.

Managing a jail is not supervising a three man crew putting paint on a wall, moron. There are more standards in jail construction and reconstruction then in any flea bag hotel which might hire a ne'er do well such as Odd-Dude.
Your continued argument from complete ignorance is noted and still entirely irrelevant....Lest I mention a deflection from the topic at hand, and a pretty lame one at that.

Does this mean that Winsonsin's public service employees can now attend the shareholder's meetings - all 300 000 of them!

Worth bumping, I suppose Odd-Dude will continue his hysterical effort to censor your post, since all he does is watch paint dry on a wall he has the time.

Oh, that's beautiful!

LMAO!!!!!

"Death to those evil corporate basta.....wait........say what?!?!?!"

GP ROCKS!!!

The obvious, rationale answer is this:

The evil corporations should liquidate all assets and just hand them over to the workers. Easy enough, why can't us right wingers realize it???

An image appears in my mind of a goose being slaughtered in the search for golden eggs.

Forum List

Back