Iraqi WMD's Finally Found? In Syria?

Because the rage at the time was to rebuild Iraq into a democracy, kind of hard to do that if you bomb them back into the dark ages.

Oh....I could have sworn Bush said we needed to invade Iraq because he was a threat to the US and it's allies because of his WMD cache?

This.

My "conservatives" like to go with the cuddly, feel-good motive of freeing the country, but the original reason was Saddam was a threat due to his WMDs and nuclear program.

Oh ... did we find the nuclear program yet?

Maybe Saddam put THAT on a truck and moved it to Syria, too?

And we didn't do this why? Imagine how many US personnel could have been saved if only Bush was REALLY mad at Saddam?

Because the rage at the time was to rebuild Iraq into a democracy, kind of hard to do that if you bomb them back into the dark ages.

Oh....I could have sworn Bush said we needed to invade Iraq because he was a threat to the US and it's allies because of his WMD cache?

He did, but there was also a plan for rebuilding it. You can't rebuild a country if you blast it back to the stone ages.

He did, but there was also a plan for rebuilding it. You can't rebuild a country if you blast it back to the stone ages.

So, you are saying that when Bush spoke to the American people telling them why we needed to invade Iraq, he already knew he planned on building back whatever we destroyed in the process, i.e., nation building? Why was this not part of his speech?

So, you are saying that when Bush spoke to the American people telling them why we needed to invade Iraq, he already knew he planned on building back whatever we destroyed in the process, i.e., nation building? Why was this not part of his speech?

I thought he did mention it? I don't remember the man ever just saying we were going there to destroy Iraq, we went in there to build a democracy also.

Really? Explain that logic, please.

If you were a dictator who knew that he could hide his WMD's and maybe escape some punishment that was coming, wouldn't you do that? Instead of using chemical weapons on American troops? Who is really going to use chemical weapons on American troops?

Knowing that the US would never use any of it's nuclear weapons again, what would Saddam have to lose? He already knew he was facing the largest, most powerful military our tax dollars could buy, and had ZERO chance of being victorious against it. Saddam's stand in the sand, was nothing but a suicide mission and he knew it. Why NOT use the chemical weapons he supposedly had?

Simple...he didn't think we would actually launch a full scale attack that would topple his dictatorship.

After the first Gulf War (where he remained in power) and Somalia, he didn't think America had the stomach for war.

He believed that at worst we would push to targets where we believed the WMDs were located to present them as evidence that Saddam was lying.

Since he had moved the WMDs to Syria, there would be nothing to find, the U.S. would have egg on it's face and his position would be secure.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Because he campaigned against "nation building". Never said anything about "nation rebuilding"! :cool:

Probably because a year and a half earlier, Candidate Bush promised to never use our military for nation building.

Probably because a year and a half earlier, Candidate Bush promised to never use our military for nation building.

Really? we were nation building in Afghanistan before we even set foot in Iraq.

And we didn't do this why? Imagine how many US personnel could have been saved if only Bush was REALLY mad at Saddam?

how about this....
FrontPage Magazine - Syria Storing Iraq's WMDs

and there's a lot more information out there. I remember watching the satellite images of trucks heading toward syria just before the war started. My son has been there 3 times....they saw a lot of proof that the WMD had been there. Bush's only fault was that he gave Sadaam too much time to get rid of them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

What are you smoking? Are you referring back to when the US armed Bin Laden to fight off the Russians?

Funny thing about history, some gets thrown at a president, some he creates himself. Afghanistan was the former, Iraq the latter.

how about this....
FrontPage Magazine - Syria Storing Iraq's WMDs

and there's a lot more information out there. I remember watching the satellite images of trucks heading toward syria just before the war started. My son has been there 3 times....they saw a lot of proof that the WMD had been there. Bush's only fault was that he gave Sadaam too much time to get rid of them.

Let's assume for a minute that you are right....and we have satellite photos showing Saddam sending WMD to Syria. Why did we not go into Syria and get them? If for no other reason, to help Bush get the egg off his face?

What are you smoking? Are you referring back to when the US armed Bin Laden to fight off the Russians?

What the fuck is your problem? I am talking about when we invaded Afghanistan after 9/11. :cuckoo: I don't have a problem with you as a poster, no need for name calling here.

Last edited:

What the fuck is your problem? I am talking about when we invaded Iraq after 9/11. :cuckoo: I don't have a problem with you as a poster, no need for name calling here.

I am trying to remember "nation building" in Afghanistan before we started carpet bombing them from high altitude B-52s after the 9/11 attacks.

A chemical weapons program is a lot more than just the weapons themselves, they require a facility to safely store, handle, encase and deploy them. Even if Saddam loaded up a bunch of chemical weapons on trucks they would have had a very short shelf life and been quite useless and and dangerous by now. There is also the conviently forgetten fact in this thread that there was also the effective scare tactic of a nuclear weapons program, the only real kind of WMD on the list BTW, that never materialized not to mention the bio-weapons that never existed in the first place.

What the fuck is your problem? I am talking about when we invaded Iraq after 9/11. :cuckoo: I don't have a problem with you as a poster, no need for name calling here.

I am trying to remember "nation building" in Afghanistan before we started carpet bombing them from high altitude B-52s after the 9/11 attacks.

We helped rebuild alot of the non existant infrastructure in Afghanistan, roads, schools, hospitals etc our troops did alot of that work.

We knew Iraq had WMD's.... they used them on the Kurds.

Of course we knew. American's (in fact all citizens of 'The West') can say "And I Helped"

Use on the Kurds (and Iranians)

The Raygun Administrtion knew about them, and did nothing to harm their most valued trading partner, Saddam.

READ THE FULL STORY HERE Cameron Harris: Iraqi WMD's Finally Found?

In 2003, American forces entered Iraq on the pretense that Saddam Hussein was harboring Weapons of Mass Destruction. Since that invasion, George W. Bush has faced harsh criticism from many for starting a war that was “unjustified.” While it is true that American forces never found evidence of such WMD’s, it was never entirely proven that these weapons did not exist. There was never any concrete indication of where these weapons may be…until now.

Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria is currently in conflict with a group of Syrian rebels who call themselves the Free Syrian Army. The country is in full civil war, and the leader is beginning to panic. It is a common assumption that he will soon give the order to begin using chemicals weapons against the rebels and even civilians. The United States and Israel know that he has such weapons, but it is unclear where exactly these weapons came from.

However, the number two general in Saddam Hussein’s air force says that these chemical weapons are the WMD’s that we did not find in Iraq.

In 2006, Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force under Hussein before he defected, wrote a detailed narrative called “Saddam’s Secrets.” In this book, Sada details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in the weeks leading up to the US-led operation to eliminated Hussein’s weapons threat.
To the bolded: That is NOT true. What is true is that the 'stockpiles' were not found, but WMD were absolutely found in Iraq.

Sada details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in the weeks leading up to the US-led operation to eliminated Hussein’s weapons threat.

rather than using them ... whats your point?

and they were well documented by their use against the Curds a decade earlier with no response from the US.

they found nothing (new) they claimed existed as reason for their unprovoked and unfunded invasion of a sovereign nation.

The Curds.... he gassed the Curds? Yummy.

He gassed the Curds??? No Whey!!

Sada details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in the weeks leading up to the US-led operation to eliminated Hussein’s weapons threat.

rather than using them ... whats your point?

and they were well documented by their use against the Curds a decade earlier with no response from the US.

they found nothing (new) they claimed existed as reason for their unprovoked and unfunded invasion of a sovereign nation.

My point is that they did not find them because they were moved to Syria. Is that so hard to grasp?

Kind of, since there is not a shred of proof that they were ever moved from Iraq to Syria.

Forum List

Back