Iraq Officially defeats USA - US forced out, 16 trillion in debt.

pvsi.

Nov 17, 2011
Baghdad (CNN) Stations aligned with Sunni and Shiite extremist groups, many of whom attacked U.S. troops, have dubbed it the "Day of Defeating the Occupier" -- others have called it the "Day of Fullfillment" or "Day of Evacuation."
'Iraq Day' marks deadline for U.S. withdrawal - CNN.com

111231024019-iraq-story-top.jpg

You're right. We should have stayed there for 100 more years, allowed thousands more of our soldiers to die, and bankrupted ourselves. That would have shown those stupid Iraqi.

Define defeat. For that matter,define victory.

That depends on what you mean by "define". Am I allowed to use my own personal emotions and pride in my answer? /sarcasm

Yea it is all perspective. Some could argue the Iraq War was a victory for the U.S. But then some could argue it was a defeat too. I was just asking the OP to elaborate on exactly how the U.S. has been defeated by Iraq. Debt alone cannot be the sole determining factor.

I think we lost it by not advocating better for Human Rights considerations in reconstruction and Government reform.

Baghdad (CNN) Stations aligned with Sunni and Shiite extremist groups, many of whom attacked U.S. troops, have dubbed it the "Day of Defeating the Occupier" -- others have called it the "Day of Fullfillment" or "Day of Evacuation."

Shouldn't have pulled out without making sure we won. What has 16trillion in debt have to do with it? The biggest part of the debt is obamaturds fault. I love it when dimwits play politics with something that is their fault. Idiots.

It's always a victory day for the occupied country when an occupation force leaves. It will seem even more so when we leave Afghanistan. Too bad they will forget this lesson and launch right into another major conflict in Iran.

Shouldn't have pulled out without making sure we won. What has 16trillion in debt have to do with it? The biggest part of the debt is obamaturds fault. I love it when dimwits play politics with something that is their fault. Idiots.

Define winning. How many more people did we have to kill? All of them?

It's always a victory day for the occupied country when an occupation force leaves. It will seem even more so when we leave Afghanistan. Too bad they will forget this lesson and launch right into another major conflict in Iran.
I guess to idiot lefties it is better to let the evil idiots loose to attack us again. What do you expect from idiot lefties.

The war ended in 2003. We're finally winding down the occupation.

FYI we were never "at war" "against Iraq." If we ever were there would be no "war" at all. It'd be a sheet of glass.

All who attacked our troops. Our problem is we want to placate our enemies too much. Treat them like they should be treated, like our enemies.

All who attacked our troops. Our problem is we want to placate our enemies too much. Treat them like they should be treated, like our enemies.

Winning a war is easy for a super power like ourselves but winning the peace may be impossible when all we can do is try to force people into a western democracy. We did not lead by example here, we invaded a country and killed thousands and then somehow expected them to like us and cooperate at some point? Ridiculous.

And what a great day when the North Vietnamese end their occupation of South Vietnam!!

The objective of war is always the same. To kill the enemy. You can put whatever trimmings you want on it, but a military force is created and trained to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible.

There is your definition.

That depends on what you mean by "define". Am I allowed to use my own personal emotions and pride in my answer? /sarcasm

Yea it is all perspective. Some could argue the Iraq War was a victory for the U.S. But then some could argue it was a defeat too. I was just asking the OP to elaborate on exactly how the U.S. has been defeated by Iraq. Debt alone cannot be the sole determining factor.

I'd like a broader explanation, too.

Paulitician is correct in being suspicious that overall Iraqi victory was achieved by an overly-indebted occupier(s). One would assume that overall victory in the conventional sense would be won on most or all fronts. Military and civil infrastructure assets destroyed/seized. Dominance of the field, including air power. Critically or completely subdued opponent. Stewardship of the economy.

Did the Iraqi people (formal or irreglar) achieve any of these objectives that preceded the American military withdrawl from their lands? I don't think they did; and they'll more than likely descend back into chaos once all traces of allied, western influence has crumbled.

The objective of war is always the same. To kill the enemy. You can put whatever trimmings you want on it, but a military force is created and trained to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible.

There is your definition.

Not even close, when the mission is an outnumbered occupation, where the enemy hides among the populace, simple slaughter is a sure way to lose.

Forum List

Back