Iran To Test-Fire Missiles In Key Oil Waterway...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, Dec 31, 2011.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Tehran said it will test-fire missiles in the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday, a move likely to stoke tensions with Washington already running high over Iran's threats to close the strategic oil waterway if sanctions are enforced.
    "Shorter- and longer-range, ground-to-sea, surface-to-surface and surface-to-air missiles will be tested on Saturday," the ISNA news agency quoted Iran's navy spokesman, Commodore Mahmoud Mousavi, as saying on Friday.

Iran, which has been carrying out war games in the Strait of Hormuz over the past week, has said that "not a drop of oil" would pass through the strait if Western governments follow through with planned additional sanctions over its nuclear programme.

The US State Department said on Thursday that Iran's threat to close the waterway, through which more than a third of the world's tanker-borne oil passes, exhibited "irrational behavior" and "will not be tolerated."

The naval manoeuvres launched by Iran in the strait on December 24 have so far included mine-laying and the use of aerial drones, according to Iranian media.

Analysts and oil market traders have been watching developments in and around the Strait of Hormuz carefully, fearing that the intensifying war of words between arch foes Tehran and Washington could spark open confrontation.

With tensions over the straight simmering, Iran-rival Saudi Arabia announced that it had signed a deal to buy 84 new US fighter jets in order maximise defence capabilities in the oil-rich kingdom.

Read More:
    Iran to test-fire missiles in key oil waterway

2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    I guess they saw what fun the Republican Guard had with the 3rd Division and the MEF. Don't fuck with us.

3. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Sanctions are an act of war. They are a deliberate attack on a nations economy. Ramifications are felt through the entire population. Make no mistake. We have already started a war with Iran.

We had better had start paying attention to what we are doing.

4. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Yes we are the aggressor. I know most stubborn Americans wont acccept that reality,but it is the reality. Who are we to impose sanctions on Iran? Would we like sanctions being imposed on us? I'm pretty sure most Americans would consider that an act of War. The fact is,Iran has the right to develop Nuclear technology. Who are we to say they cannot? If i were advising both Iran & Syria,i would advise them to speed up their Nuclear advancement and get those Nukes as soon as possible. Because once they have the Nukes,the West will welcome them into the 'Nuclear Club' with open arms. The same can be said of North Korea.

Getting Nukes guarantees respect & prestige. The West repects those with power. And those who have Nukes,have power. That was Gaddafi's biggest blunder. Once he gave up on his Nuclear ambitions,his fate was sealed. If hadn't given up on his Nuclear ambitions,he would still be in power today. Instead he lost his country and his life. I don't think Syria,Iran,and North Korea are going to make that same mistake. They know how the game is played.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,887
    Granny says purt soon we all gonna be holdin' hands an' singin' Yo Ho, Blow the Man Down...
    :cool:
    Analysts: Iran's Threats in Gulf Unlikely to Lead to War
    January 06, 2012 - On January 3, 2012 the Pentagon answered an Iranian warning to keep U.S. aircraft carriers out of the Persian Gulf by declaring that American warships will continue regularly scheduled deployments to the strategic waterway
    See also:

US Rescues Iranians Held Hostage by Pirates
    January 06, 2012 - Personnel from destroyer USS Kidd board Iranian vessel in Arabian Sea, detain 15 pirates using ship as headquarters