Essentially The Republican Party is Dead!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by merrill, Dec 31, 2011.

1. merrill

merrill VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    The republican party is essentially dead. Due to the covert action/takeover of violent libertarians and Christian Fundamentalists. Most all republicans have been purged from elective office. This is why my father in law a fiscal conservative republican for at least 60 years moved to the democratic party in Pennsylvania 3 years ago.

My in laws cannot stomach the Bush family of politicians and politics which has a tight grip on the party. They are not republicans,they are not fiscal conservative and certainly NOT socially responsible.

Fiscal conservative and Socially Responsible republicans have no home unless they do as my inlaws have done. Incidentally my Father in law happens to be a quite a brilliant fiscal conservative.

My inlaws could never bring themselves to vote for a Bush. Quite stunning was they voted Kerry and Gore.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    lol My God man, put down the kool-aid.

Democrats have ZERO, ZERO credibility on any fiscal matter.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Gagafritz

Gagafritz Lady Germanotta Snicks

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Oh right. This party is dead, that party is dead. Yada, yada. There is a natural waxing and waning in politics.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    lol, here we go with the Responsible Republicans again..

is this jakeys sock puppet.?

5. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    Relax Steph.

Democrats are saving SS by collecting less and increasing payouts.

6. Gagafritz

Gagafritz Lady Germanotta Snicks

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +148
    In any party, there are going to be people who are better or appeal more than others. Some years you get better candidates and some not. That is the way it goes. For me, i am done holding my nose to vote for the lesser problem. Now, i only vote for people i support or i don't vote.

7. merrill

merrill VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    WE must all think about what republicans have left behind for democratic administrations to clean up which BTW is no mean feat. Multiple offenses have made it damn difficult for America to catch up.

Read and think about the magnitude of these events which have cost millions upon millions their jobs,retirement programs and medical insurance!

In fact it appears to be policy of republican administrations.

AND they are still trying to steal OUR Social Security Insurance dollars and give it to greedy Wall Street investors. That is simply unacceptable.

It's YOUR money! 4 cases in point to be considered:

1. The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist(Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion)
    The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

2. Wall Street Bank Fraud on Consumers under Bush/Cheney sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many trillions. What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

3. Only 3 financial institutions were actually at risk why $700 billion of bail out money?
    "Good Billions After Bad" - One Year After Wall Street Bailout, Pulitzer Winners Barlett and Steele Investigate Where All the Money Went

4. Social Security Insurance AT Risk for no reason. This would cost taxpayers $4 trillion, plus add $300 billion to the debt each of the next 20 years, place taxpayers insurance money at risk and wreck the economy)
    Social Security Q&A | Dollars & Sense

Now how exactly does any of the above represent Fiscal Conservative values? Fiscal Responsible values? Responsibility at all?

The Fiscal Conservative republican party as it was once known is dead!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  8. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,497
    The Republicans are not a fiscally conservative party, but neither are the Democrats and the GOP is no more dead than the Dems are.

The Democratic Party wasn't dead after 1994 and the Republican Party wasn't dead after 2006 and 2008, and the Democratic Party isn't dead after 2010. You guys need to stop making these stupid claims.

9. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026

Put down the kool-aid.

10. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    I find it absolutely comical you rag on repubs about fiscal matters and dont speak a word about democrats who have controlled every congress except two in the last hundred years.

You dont mention that democrats emptied SS by law.

I can see I have been much too kind to you.