Iraq By Numbers..Have the Dems Over Reached??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Iraq, by the numbers
Nov 22 2005 02:52 PM

By TimChapman

http://www.townhall.com/blogs/capitolreport/TimChapman/story/2005/11/22/176535.html

The Cook Political Report has interesting poll numbers on the Iraq issue:

When Dems Sens. criticize Bush's policy on Iraq, does it help/hurt morale of troops in Iraq?
68% Hurts
14% Helps
When Dems criticize Bush's policy on Iraq, do you think they are trying to gain partisan advantage or believe it will help US' efforts in Iraq?
52% Gain political advantage
30% Think will help
Should US military withdraw troops immediately regardless of impact, as Iraq meets goals, or set fixed publicaly avail timetable for withdrawal?
50% as goals met
15% withdraw
29% timetable
These numbers suggest what many Republicans have been privately saying for a week now: Democrats have classically overreached on the Iraq issue. Not only have they gone farther than the American people are willing to go, but they have been so wrongheaded about their approach that they have unified a Republican party that only days ago was fissured on domestic issues.

Who ever orchestrated this fiasco...Pelosi? Reid? Kerry?...is quite possibly the world's worst political strategist.

I was thinking this just recently myself. If the Dems had left well enough alone or were willing to capitalize on the border issue they would have been solid for 2006, now they have a reuinified R Party to defy their hopes of winning the Congress.

dilloduck said:
It's about time the GOP used the #s game against the dems. It's a simple game. You just ask the right questions. I'm wondering why the GOP "strategists" have taken so long to figure this one out.

They really need to drop the" above the fray" mentality and get into the mud pit, because in politics just being correct or justified is not enough, you need to TOOT the horn...
Where's Karen Hughes??? Who is heading up their PR dept??

Bonnie said:
They really need to drop the" above the fray" mentality and get into the mud pit, because in politics just being correct or justified is not enough, you need to TOOT the horn...
Where's Karen Hughes??? Who is heading up their PR dept??

Bingo--people didn't re-elect him to be above it all---I voted for him thinking he would continue to kick ass.

Forum List

Back