Slick DNC/Murtha

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.donaldsensing.com/index.php/2005/11/23/what-the-dems-are-really-up-to/

2. ProudVet

ProudVet Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Although I do appreciate and respect the 37 years this man served in the Marines I do have some problems with his Bronze Star W/V and the two Purple Hearts from Viet Nam. When he was assigned to Viet Nam he was a senior intelligence officer and I do know for a fact I have never heard of a senior intelligence officer being anywhere near a combat situation which is what the "V" for valor represents. I also question his Purple Hearts in Viet Nam the same as I questioned John Kerry's "Purple Hearts" from his "heroism".

I am sure you all know I have all the respect in the world for their service but I have also seen records pumped up with these kind of awards to further some other agenda such as politics.

When I arrived in Viet Nam in August of 1966 and was assigned to an infantry company in the 1st Cav our company clerk was a PFC as I was. When the clerk rotated out of the country he was a Staff Sergeant with a Silver Star, a Bronze Star W/V, and a Purple heart. Funny thing was he never saw a minute outside the base camp at An Khe, a very secure area.

I am not cynical, I just know these things happen and the people like Murtha and Kerry are the first people to throw these awards in people's faces in an effort to give them credibility.

I'm sure many other veterans have seen the same thing.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The problem I have with this whole thing is just WHAT does Murtha's service in the Corps have to do with his statements on the Senate floor as an alected official? I know plenty of damned-good combat vets I wouldn't hesitate to serve with again, but at the same time wouldn't vote for them to be CEO of Chrysler.

The second he was criticized for his political statement, the Dems pulled the "you're attacking a Marine who served honorably yada, yada, yada.

I don't recall ANYONE attacking his service as a Marine.

This not-even-good subterfuge is just getting s-o-o-o old.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Exactly! They are trying to make it impossible to refute anything said, that's why he was put out there with the message. It's also demonstrates that while the Dems may lack ideas, they sure know politics.

5. ProudVet

ProudVet Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree Gunny, I probably didn't say it as well as you did. I am just so sick of this "look at my record as a veteran" crap like that is supposed to make him a God of sorts that has all the right answers.

I only spent my three years in as Army Airborne Infantry but the year with the Cav was enough to be able to tell a leader from someone flaunting his record like Murtha and Kerry.

Personally I think Bush is a great leader of this country and he only spent time in the reserves but at least he didn't lie about it or throw something false in our faces. I didn't say he was a great president but I do give him high marks in that catagory also, but I do believe he is a natural leader and I would follow the man in an instant.

6. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    in 45 years whenever i have met someone that leads with their credentials as justifiction of their opinion 9 times out of 10 they are full of shit

7. ProudVet

ProudVet Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Now that is as true a statement as I've heard in a long time but you can bump that up to 58 years my friend because I've seen the same.

:salute:

8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I thought the hypocrisy of my post covered all the bases but you sure topped me...

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Well, y'all just vote for me in 2008. I'm going to run on my powerlifting accomplshments in 83-84. You can see the correlation. right? President of the US -- the ability lift an inanimate object off the floor? :laugh:

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    I wish Schmidt had NOT retracted her statement. Here was a great accusation from a Republican that framed the argument the way it should have been framed and to hell with Murtha. (stupid kowtowing imo) The Dems are basically nothing but cowards who want to run from a problem. They shout for pullout but then are too cowardly to even vote for it. All they are doing is aiding and abetting the enemy with their gutless and incessant complaining.

If the R's went on attack (like Schmidt) and maintained the attack (unlike Schmidt) they could then explain that instead of cutting and running they had plans to pull out incrementally as warranted. This way they would not have allowed the Dems to co-opt their already laid plans. Now it looks like the incremental pullout is a result of the Dems pushing for it.

What a bunch of weenie Rs. They can't seem to get it together and are letting the Dems walk all over them when this should have been a huge political victory for them. It seems like they are setting up Hillary to take over the reins in '08. :wtf: