Iran’s Revolutionary Guard runs drill on disputed islands as US military presence in region grows

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Iran’s Revolutionary Guard runs drill on disputed islands as US military presence in region grows
st-meta-facebook.png

Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard has launched a surprise military drill on disputed islands in the Persian Gulf, just as the U.S. military increase its presence in the region over recent ship seizures by Tehran.

Remote : Tue, 01 Aug 2023 23:48:12 -0700
Local : 2023-08-02(Wednesday) 08 : 48 : 12

i'm glad we're letting the Iranians know we're no wimps, nor fools.
i hope we can keep it this way.

Iran will have to be held to tighter nuclear material production capability limits.
i hope that can be worked into US foreign policy soon, and be kept in place.

st-meta-facebook.png

Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard has launched a surprise military drill on disputed islands in the Persian Gulf, just as the U.S. military increase its presence in the region over recent ship seizures by Tehran.

Remote : Tue, 01 Aug 2023 23:48:12 -0700
Local : 2023-08-02(Wednesday) 08 : 48 : 12

i'm glad we're letting the Iranians know we're no wimps, nor fools.
i hope we can keep it this way.

Iran will have to be held to tighter nuclear material production capability limits.
i hope that can be worked into US foreign policy soon, and be kept in place.

Remember Atoms for Peace? Iran has needed nuclear power since the 1950s. Now they need nuclear desalination.

Remember Atoms for Peace? Iran has needed nuclear power since the 1950s. Now they need nuclear desalination.
that's just a lie to cover up the resurection of the Persian Empire by the present-day Iranians.
a nuclear umbrella is a critical component for them to excert control over at least some of their neighbors.

nonsense, it's a lie to cover up the resurection of the Persian Empire by the present-day Iranians.
a nuclear umbrella is all they would need to excert control over at least some of their neighbors.

The US is directly responsible for the current government in Iran thanks to Operation Ajax.

Israel bought all their oil from Iran for decades.

The US is directly responsible for the current government in Iran thanks to Operation Ajax.

Israel bought all their oil from Iran for decades.
and yet, there are plenty of politicians and news anchors and -guests here in the West that find Iran's foreign policies a big problem.
you can't expect an "installed government" to stay functional without outside help.
and sometimes that means threatening a few people, or even an entire country.

we have the democratic 'green party' members in Iran still alive,
so the Iranian government should know 2 things :
1: you can't go genociding the political opposition. not in the present day. due to mass media news. and court-cases.
2: they can be realisticly threatened with regime change at any time if they do not comply with adhering to a set of a lot more modest nuclear enrichment capabilities. they want space travel? fine. but not ICBM installations and a nuclear arms race in the Middle East, please.

Last edited:
and yet, there are plenty of politicians and news anchors and -guests here in the West that find Iran's foreign policies a big problem.
you can't expect an "installed government" to stay functional without outside help.
and sometimes that means threatening a few people, or even an entire country.

we have the democratic 'green party' members in Iran still alive,
so the Iranian government should know 2 things :
1: you can't go genociding the political opposition. not in the present day. due to mass media news. and court-cases.
2: they can be realisticly threatened with regime change at any time if they do not comply with adhering to a lot more modest nuclear enrichment capabilities. they want space travel? fine. but not ICBM installations and a nuclear arms race in the Middle East, please.

It's all reactionary. The US, UK and Israel are responsible. I've been to Iran many times. They aren't looking to recreate the Persian empire and they have never been a threat to Israel.

The original problem was Britain's theft and paying 13 cents on oil revenue.

It's all reactionary. The US, UK and Israel are responsible. I've been to Iran many times. They aren't looking to recreate the Persian empire and they have never been a threat to Israel.

The original problem was Britain's theft and paying 13 cents on oil revenue.

Reactionary. Israel has been threatening Iran every quarter since 1994.

When I was a kid there were 200,000 Jews in Iran and they'd been there 2000 years.

In violation of a United Nations ban on the testing of missiles that could possibly deliver a nuclear warhead, Iran tested a new missile known as the Emad in early October 2015. The Emad is a precision-guided long-range missile and is the first guided weapon in Iran’s arsenal capable of striking Israel. It is estimated that the missile has a range of over 1,000 miles and an accuracy range of within 1,600 feet. An Israeli official said, “The Emad represents a major leap in terms of accuracy. It has an advanced guidance and control system in its nose cone” (Reuters, October 11, 2015).

Shahab-3 Missile
shahab3.gif
The Security Council was told in a report that the Emad rocket could possibly deliver a nuclear warhead and that the test was a “serious violation” of UN resolutions against Iran. The United States agreed this was a violation of UN sanctions and Security Council resolution 1929.

The Iranians tested another rocket, the medium-range ballistic missile Ghadr-110, on November 21, 2015. The Ghadr-110 is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and is a new and improved version of the Iranian Shabab-3 missile.

Forum List

Back