Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning

provide the passage. Before you go looking, jesus said we do not have to follow the mosaic laws anymore but rather use them as a reference. He commanded we love god and all men and that we only follow 4 of the old laws. And none of them were stoning anyone.

please quote me chapter and vers where jesus said that christians don't have to follow the mosaic (torah) laws any more.

And they are now only for reference.

Thank you

acts 15:28,29 acts 21:25 2 timothy 3: 16 romans 15:4

Progressive vs conservative.

provide the passage. Before you go looking, jesus said we do not have to follow the mosaic laws anymore but rather use them as a reference. He commanded we love god and all men and that we only follow 4 of the old laws. And none of them were stoning anyone.

please quote me chapter and vers where jesus said that christians don't have to follow the mosaic (torah) laws any more.

Thank you

In NONE of these verses is Jesus speaking.

They are the words of Paul, Timothy, and others.

Jesus NEVER said the Torah Laws were invalid or to be ignored by the people.

because its overkill...no one died due to what this woman did...why must she pay with her life?

Not only that, but can you think of a more barbaric way of executing someone?

From what I understand, they bury the accused up to their neck and then throw softball sized rocks at their head until they're dead.

These "people" really need to join the rtest of us in the 21st century.

a woman is only buried to her breast....all methods of executions are barbaric to me including lethal injections...but she did not take a life..she should not have to forfeit hers

because its overkill...no one died due to what this woman did...why must she pay with her life?

From what I understand, they bury the accused up to their neck and then throw softball sized rocks at their head until they're dead.

These "people" really need to join the rest of us in the 21st century.
So if they used lethal injection to carry out the sentence.

That would automatically qualify them as 21st century citizens?

Thank you

In NONE of these verses is Jesus speaking.

They are the words of Paul, Timothy, and others.

Jesus NEVER said the Torah Laws were invalid or to be ignored by the people.

Jesus only actually is quoted in a couple of books. The rest are others telling us what he said. And it IS Jesus words in Acts.

These "people" really need to join the rest of us in the 21st century.
So if they used lethal injection to carry out the sentence.

That would automatically qualify them as 21st century citizens?

The differences in this conversation is that for a man/woman to face the needle is they generally have to kill someone. For a woman to be stoned under Sharia law all she has to do is be accused of adultery...

Im not picking on you Nate.... just convenient to use you quote, thats all :cool:

The differences in this conversation is that for a man/woman to face the needle is they generally have to kill someone. For a woman to be stoned under Sharia law all she has to do is be accused of adultery...

And this stupid Feisal Abdul Rauf character supports sharia law, too.

He has repeatedly stated, and writes in his 2004 book, that the U.S. Constitution is sharia-compliant. The “American Constitution and system of governance uphold the core principles of Islamic law,” Rauf wrote in his book. The “American political structure is Shariah-compliant” .

So I guess he is OK with this kind of barbarism?

Wow.... and we are paying for him to spread this garbage over there in the Mid East on our behalf.... great, JUST GREAT!

well, what's gonna happen to the asswipe she adulterated with? NOTHING?

Probably, and the idiots put up with an even embrace this idiotic system. Why? Religion....
Punishments in Shari'ah are the same for men and women.

Nate said:
Incorrect. A confession must be obtained from her without placing her under duress, or four reliable witnesses to the act must testify against her in order for there to be a conviction.

Last edited:
Incorrect. A confession must be obtained from her without placing her under duress, or four reliable witnesses to the act must testify against her in order for there to be a conviction.

Do you really think she confessed on her own?

I recall reading that she later said she was forced to confess.... :confused:

There is NO way on earth I believe she was'nt under duress when she confessed.

I feel so bad for her..... but in NO way do I think we should go in and intervene. Thats their problem to solve, but the UN should condemn it!

Last edited:

Then the confession is invalid under Shari'ah. Of course, Iran doesn't really follow Shari'ah, so it probably doesn't matter to them anyway.

Then the confession is invalid under Shari'ah. Of course, Iran doesn't really follow Shari'ah, so it probably doesn't matter to them anyway.

Yeah... they probably make the rules up as they go.... I mean, who is going to complain?
If they do.... they'll end up beside her in a hole too!:eek:

With all due respect for our Muslim participants in this thread, it seem quite extreme to be throwing rocks at a woman until she is dead because she is accused of adultery.

To say nothing of the 99 lashings she has already wrongly received...
___

Ashtaini has already received 99 lashings, though these were not delivered as part of her original sentencing. The lashings were received for a British newspaper story showing a picture of a woman identified as Ashtaini. The woman in the photo, who was not actually Ashtaini, had her head fully revealed. It is a crime in Iran for a woman to not have her hair covered in public.

Read more: Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning | Newsflavor

With all due respect for our Muslim participants in this thread, it seem quite extreme to be throwing rocks at a woman until she is dead because she is accused of adultery.

To say nothing of the 99 lashings she has already wrongly received...
___

Ashtaini has already received 99 lashings, though these were not delivered as part of her original sentencing. The lashings were received for a British newspaper story showing a picture of a woman identified as Ashtaini. The woman in the photo, who was not actually Ashtaini, had her head fully revealed. It is a crime in Iran for a woman to not have her hair covered in public.

Read more: Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning | Newsflavor

If the necessary evidence against her could actually be gathered, 100 lashes for her and the adulterer would be sufficient as far as I'm concerned. If not, her accuser needs to be flogged with 80 lashes.

Yeah... they probably make the rules up as they go.... I mean, who is going to complain?
If they do.... they'll end up beside her in a hole too!:eek:

That's why a good amount of opposition to the regime there is in the form of bombs.

Lets hope some semblance of sanity sneaks into the addled minds of whatever shitpile court system Iran uses and saves this woman's life and then helps to influence all other women facing similar situations living under the yoke of such oppression...
____

At a time when the Muslim world is attempted to improve its image after the Ground Zero Mosque debacle, and decades of Muslim-extremist terrorist attacks, yet another developing story brings to light the too often dark nature of Muslim culture.

Iranian mother Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was charged with adultery in 2006 - a crime punishable by death. Her sentence of stoning, among the most brutal of execution methods, is to take place soon, and with the end of the Muslim Ramadan holiday when no executions are to take place, Ashtiani’s growing number of supporters worldwide fear her death is now imminent.
____

She knew her countries laws about adultery.

She chose to break the law and now has to pay the price.

So what's the problem?

Do the same laws apply to men? (not being a smartass- really wondering).

edit: Nevermind- I see the answer further down in the thread.

Last edited:
Lets hope some semblance of sanity sneaks into the addled minds of whatever shitpile court system Iran uses and saves this woman's life and then helps to influence all other women facing similar situations living under the yoke of such oppression...
____

At a time when the Muslim world is attempted to improve its image after the Ground Zero Mosque debacle, and decades of Muslim-extremist terrorist attacks, yet another developing story brings to light the too often dark nature of Muslim culture.

Iranian mother Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was charged with adultery in 2006 - a crime punishable by death. Her sentence of stoning, among the most brutal of execution methods, is to take place soon, and with the end of the Muslim Ramadan holiday when no executions are to take place, Ashtiani’s growing number of supporters worldwide fear her death is now imminent.
____

She knew her countries laws about adultery.

She chose to break the law and now has to pay the price.

So what's the problem?

Do the same laws apply to men? (not being a smartass- really wondering).

NO. Men are given a pass more often than not in such matters - that is my understanding. I am certain our Muslim friends in here will have a somewhat different version though...
___

Iranian Woman Charged with Adultery Faces Death by Stoning | Newsflavor

New Topics

Forum List

Back